Sequel: Running From Lions

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Sixteen.

"What are we doing?"

I rolled onto my side and looked at Makenna. "I don't know," I smiled and leaned in to kiss her once. "But I like it."

She laughed a little. "Shut up." She sat up, holding the sheet up over her chest. "It feels like we're in high school again."

"Yeah, tell me about it." It did feel just like high school. Sneaking around, lying to all of our friends. But I didn't care. I wanted her back like this and it was finally happening. I just didn't know how long it would last.

Makenna got out of bed and started pulling on articles of clothing. "Get dressed," she said, pulling her shirt on over her head. "I found an apartment I think would be good for you."

"An apartment?" I asked. I didn't think she was serious when she said she would try to find me one.

"Yeah, an apartment." She smiled. "It's time for you to move out of your parents house and grow up for once."

I rolled my eyes and got out of her bed. "Because acting like our high school selves is totally growing up," I said sarcastically, throwing on my clothing that was previously on the floor. I followed her out of her bedroom and out the door.

"Where is it?" I asked, getting in my car.

"It's not far," she told me once she was in the car. "Just drive."

I started the car and backed out of her driveway. She gave me the directions until I finally came to a parking lot in front of an apartment complex.

"Come on," she walked in the front doors and I followed her up three flights of stairs. We went down a long hallway and she stopped in front of door 308. She pulled a key out of her purse and opened the door.

"You already have a key?" I asked following her inside.

She ignored my question. "What do you think?"

I looked around. It was small, but why would I need something spacious? To the left of the door was a small kitchen area, and next to that was a living space. The back wall had double doors that led out to a balcony. I walked into a separate bedroom with an attached bathroom, took a quick glance, and walked back out to Makenna.

"Well?" She asked.

It was small, but overall it was incredibly nice. Everything was white. The walls were completely white, the carpet was completely white, the tile was completely white. The only thing that wasn't white was the stainless steel appliances.

"How much is it."

"500, not including the gas and electric bill."

I sighed. I knew it wasn't a lot, but spending a bunch of money every month when I wasn't even here most of the time seemed ridiculous to me.

"You know, these apartments usually go for 1000," she said.

"Why is this so cheap?" I asked.

She smiled. "Because my uncle owns the building and I'm amazing."

I sighed. "The bedroom at my parents house is free."

"John, you need your own place. Seriously," she smiled, "I'm sick of climbing the ladder outside your window at night."

I let out a small laugh. She had climbed into my window once since we started hooking up again, but she was already complaining about it daily. I looked at Makenna again. She was wearing a solid purple dress. So simple, but somehow she looked so incredible in it. I imagined myself waking up in the morning next to her, not having to worry about our parents walking in on us.

"Well?" She asked, eager again.

I smiled. "When do I move in?"

She walked up to me and dropped the keys in my hand. "Right now."

"Right now?" I smiled. "So this apartment is officially mine?"

She smiled. "Your name is already down for it, you just have to sign the lease later."

"So we can break it in, right now?" I smirked.

She smiled and moved closer to me, leaning up and kissing me. "Yes we can."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post anything. I've had MAJOR computer problems these past few months, so everything I wrote kept getting deleted like over and over again. So basically I wrote like 6 different things for this next chapter. But I finally bought a new computer and wrote this. I know this chapter kind of sucks and it's reallllly short but it's sort of a filler. Sorry! I just wanted to put something up as soon as I could!

But I do know it sucks, I'm sorry. I rewrote this chapter so many times I was sort of like ugh. It's kind of a bland chapter and there's not a whole lot of feelings and shit haha.