Broken Bride

1/1

It’s only been mere two months since death has come upon me. I will never forget my darling wife’s face as terror struck upon her of being left alone in this cruel world. Laying around in Heaven by God’s side is a true blessing of peace. Every peasant like myself is free from the pain of an unfair life. Everyone is in the best of health up here, well fed, and gets along with another. Best of all, we receive true justice as we watch God himself reject all the knights and Royalty and drop them in the pits of hell. Their faith was simply not enough. When my lonesome soul is feeling empty, I take a trip back down to the living to visit my love.

As I pass through God’s white, silky clouds, and whisk through the night sky, I come upon the small hay roofed home that I worked hard to built for my future family. Inside my wife is fixing herself a meal. Even in her stained and ripped rags covering her body, she will always remain beautiful. I brushed up against her body to feel the warmth of her gentle soul. I know she can feel me too, for a smile comes upon her face and she calls out my name. Seeing the oozing blisters on her hands makes me worried.

It must be harvesting season now, the most stressful time for a peasant. It was the time that we have to give up crops to serve the lords, but somehow be able to keep ourselves alive. I wander out to our garden, and began pulling all the weeds. My wife is in no condition to do this herself. The best part of this hard work was that I could work endlessly without growing tired to provide for my wife. Looking around, it looked like the crops would fall short this season.

“Damn, I should have been around more!” I grunted to myself. Growing frustrated, I began to hide some of the crops so my wife wouldn’t starve during the colder seasons. As I was in a steady pace for my work, I heard a commotion in the house. I quickly bursted in to find knights standing over my wife. All padded up in their fancy leather, reeking of their air of arrogance. Truly sickening living beings.

“It’s time to collect what is ours,” the main knight in front barked.

My wife stood up, glaring at all the men. “I don’t owe you pigs a damn thing!”

“What was that?” The main knight growled, and pushed her down. Another joined in and kicked her. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tight as she howled in pain.

My wife’s eyes widen and she whispered, “Leave while you can,” she was trying to grasp the concept of putting her arms around me.

“Get up you stupid bitch! Time to pay up!”

“HOW DARE YOU COME HERE AND KEEP TAKING FROM ME!” My wife smacked a pot over the a knights head, making him unconscious, “You already took away my husband. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!”

Pulling my wife back to me, I kissed her on the forehead. My wife stood her ground in anger, but tears of sorrow flowed down her face. Without any warning I felt something sharp and cold slice through me, only this time it wasn’t painful. Coughing up blood, my darling wife fell back onto the dirt floor lifeless. My broken bride; she’ll never breathe again.