Status: Just testing the waters with this:)

White Lies

One

Today is my 18th birthday. My mom and dad has invited everyone I know to a big party, which I never even wanted in the first place. I tried to tell them but....
All I wanted was a little gathering of a few of my closest friends. That's it. But now, it's all gone wrong. I love them so much, it's difficult for me to say no. My mom looked so happy when she was telling me the plans for my "big b-day bash", as she calls it. It would pain me so much to see her get all disappointed, so I just smile and nod most of the time. My dad, he has high aspirations for me. Says he wants me to be a famous artist. "The cloud's the limit for my little princess", that's what he says.
I had always had a fascination with art. The way the pictures spoke to me, the big, sweeping brush strokes on the blank ivory canvas. I found it all very beautiful. All I've ever wanted to become was an artist. So, now I'm in art college, living the dream. Ah, if only I could rewind time, relive those precious moments of childhood. I'm growing way too fast for my liking.
I looked at myself in the mirror, and furrowed my brows. I had never been the dress type. My mother had given me this dress especially for tonight though, and I definitely didn't want to let her down. My chocolate brown hair was layered and crimped, and reached down to my lower back. My hazel eyes popped with my mascara. My dress was actually pretty nice. It wasn't that girly. It was a silk mini dress, reaching down to my knees. It was electric blue. I had on suede heels with the same colour as well.
The doorbell rang from downstairs. I heard my mum greet the guests, and music blasted from downstairs. I heard quite a lot of people. I slowly walked downstairs.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABELLE!"