Runner in the Night

Out In the Streets

"This time I've got nothing to lose. What if things aren't what they seem they are and it will only grow worse?! Oh sweet child of mine. Help me. As we go into the dark and sail the storm together, we're losing the sight of good and face only evil and nothing more. How is this going to last? How are you going to keep my head now? Release me from this pain, Victor. Help me find my way out!" She screams as she slowly faded.

She was just there, standing in front of Vic when she just disappeared into the thin air. He could feel how he was shivering to the appearance. He was thinking hard. The flame inside Leona’s apartment was already too much and now he had to be faced with his very own mother? Vic looked down to his hands as he felt his back burning and before anything, he was already running from whatever was chasing him.

He ran back to his old neighborhood where everything started. He was running passed the park where he first saw that creature sucking the life out of his best friend. And he was now in front of his old house. The house he ran to, where his mother waited for him. But this time, she was not extending her hands and she was not calling him to get inside. She told him to run. Vic saw the creature was closing the distance between them, only this time, it was not coming after him. It ran passed through him as it took his mother away for good.


“Holy shit, Victor!” Jaime said as he forced Vic’s sleeping eyes opened. “Why were you calling your mom?” He asked quietly, but looking straight into Vic’s eyes.

Vic couldn’t move for a second. It had been exactly five years since his mother died from the unexplainable cause, and it was definitely not helping him to get the so much needed sleep after those horrible hours of staying awake to perform and hunt. He looked back into Jaime’s eyes, letting his best friend know he needed this sleep as Jaime nodded and left him alone.

Soon enough, everything was quiet again. The bus was now silent and it was deafening for Vic. As much as he wanted to fall back asleep, he couldn’t. Every time he tried to shut his eyes, he would always see the fear creeping into his mom’s face and he just couldn’t do it. He couldn’t take the feeling of seeing her suffer.

“Vic, are you asleep?” A voice jolted Vic as he turned his back to the other way and reveal his little brother sitting just outside his bunk’s curtain. “I had a dream about Dad.” He added.

“Dad? What were you dreaming about?” Vic asked, being curious.

“He wanted me to keep an eye on everyone we know.” Mike said as Vic took a gulp down his throat.

Vic sat up straight as he buried his face in between his hands and start rubbing his own face. There were bags under his eyes and it looked terrible on stage. Oh how he wish he was just living a rockstar life instead of keeping up with this double agent life.

“I had a dream about mom. He was chased by a creature. I don’t know what it was and Dad, he never told us anything about it. It just ran passed me straight to mom. She was inside our old house, bro. she was in her favorite night gown where she would just told us to sleep over our friends’ house. The gown she wore when she died five years ago.” Vic explained. “It just ran toward her. I was leading that creature toward our mom.” He added.

Mike fell quiet on that. His brain tried to absorb everything his brother just said as he sighed in desperation, wishing there was someone he could ask about this. Well there was someone he could ask, but that guy he wanted to call died eight years ago from a bullet shot through his heart.

Mike was thinking about the day he heard the news about his father being shot by unknown. He was in fury and it was indeed his hell. Before he could walk down the memory lane of that horrible event, he realized he was now sitting in between Jaime and Tony.

“Well, being the nerd is obviously a plus for this one. First it was just Vic having these Leona related dreams, then it was you, and I am not going to let you Fuentes dwell in this.” Jaime stated.

“It’s been…” Tony said as he felt his phone vibrated against his thigh and he looked on it. “It’s Vienna. She is currently asking how the Fuentes brothers are doing at three in the morning.” He added a chuckle, pathetic and worry were sensed in it.

Vic grabbed Tony’s phone quickly as he pressed the call button and anxiously waiting for the girl to pick up, and as she did, Vic was surprised to hear a girl’s voice that was not even Vienna’s. There was something about Vienna’s voice that Vic really loved, the crispiness whenever she talk was his favorite thing.

“Vienna?” Vic asked, being unsure about the voice he was hearing as he put the phone on speaker.

“No, I’m her sister. Arizona.” She said as the four boys looked at each other. “Who is…” and before she could even carry on, the girl they knew the voice of took over the phone.

“Do you get any case? I swear to God I was just reading something online and the town you’re coming next for the final show of the tour, San Fran, right? Something is up there, I would love to come but right now, I am in Baltimore and I’ve no intention to drive all the way to SF.” Vienna took her time explaining. “And I believe you’ve been introduced to my annoying little sister.” She added as her sister glanced.

It had been weeks since Vienna and the boys spent a hunt together, well at that time, Arizona was out alone for her hunt and after that one and only time, Vienna just never want to let Arizona go on her own behalf.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking so long to update this one (and the fact this chapter is just a filler too)! There was this distraction I've gotten the past week, but I promise I'll be writing more!

Enjoy!
-Amelia