Runner in the Night

Unconscious Reality

By the time the sound check was done, Vic was the first one rushing out of the mall toward their bus to get the equipment they need to make the traps for demons. The whole preparation usually takes about 40 minutes and this time, Vic decided to get a bit more creative this time, instead of using spray cans and markers to make traps, Vic decided to carved some symbols of protection, not just some traps. And this time, Vic was being careful of every steps he made, realizing that somewhere from inside the building, he was being watched.

"We've covered all the entrances." Mike said as he and Tony did a little jog toward Vic.

"Good. I'm done with my work too. Wait, where's Jaime?" Vic raised an eyebrow at the lack of his band mate's presence.

"Don't worry, I just thought it would be a lot much easier for us if we can hack into the building's security system, and Jaime knows what he's doing so I put him on the watch." Tony grinned, feeling proud of himself.

Just after the little conversation, Tony got a text from Jaime, saying that there was something he needed to show the boys. So without wasting any more time, the three got to the back of the stage where Jaime was waiting in their so called green room. It was more like a cubicle at some office building for mike, but what the hell, he thought again.

"What's the odd, bro?" Mike said, giving Jaime a tap on his shoulder.

"This..." Jaime said, stepping aside from the place he was sitting at to give the other three more room to see what he had been seeing for the past 10 minutes.

At first, no one really notice what was so wrong about the video from the parking lot surveillance camera until Jaime pointed out the odd. It was an outdoor parking lot that was empty, and they could see a bird flying freely, but after several frames, the bird was still flying from one direction to the other side, and he came to a conclusion that the video was tapped in.

"What about the other places?" Tony asked, finally showing more interest on the topic.

"Same. Non of them are actually happening right now, they're all tapped in. And you know what's weirder?" Jamie asked as the other three shook their heads. "I pulled yesterday's surveillance videos to find more truth about Fiona.."

"No, Jaime. We're not doing this to her." Vic cut Jaime off, scoffing in disbelief of what he just heard.

Just before they could settle their arguments, they heard some cheering from outside their little green room. The situation once again caught Vic in an awe because he sure as hell have been in the very exact scene. This was exactly the things he saw in his breakdown moment earlier just before they left for the mall.

"Someone brought a gun..." Vic muttered unconsciously as he felt his head getting heavier. The familiar pain he felt just when he woke up this morning.

There they were again. Some images of what was going on inside the mall. Some scenes of his fans calling the band out, some people he thought he knew from the show just the night before. He could see their bright smiles came to an end when there was sound of a gun.

By now, his headache was getting worse and he couldn't stand the pain. Vic fell down on his knees, hitting the ground harshly as he tried to support his body from falling completely with his knuckles. He groaned. It was too painful. But he had to fight.

And there they were again. The fans. Everyone he's ever loved out there was in danger. Someone brought a gun and started a mayhem just before their set. Vic was starting to wonder who was doing this. Who would want to start a riot in a show with him as the target. Vic could hear voices of his friends but he couldn't answer them just yet. He had to find a face so he'd know what he was facing.

But the only faces appear on his mind that he knew very well were Vienna and Fiona. Just then everything was gone. The visions and the excruciating pain were gone as he tighten his own grip. Vic could feel hands on his shoulder as he slowly opened his eyes to reveal a worry faces of his mates.

"Vic, whatever it is, you can't keep it to yourself. Why were you calling Vienna?" Tony asked in concern. "What the hell is happening?" He added.

"I've got a vision.. Vienna and Fiona are outside. Someone brought a gun to this building. I was seeing this earlier but I thought it was some random thoughts from the beer I took, but this wasn't. Everyone out there is in danger. That's it guys, we need to tell Kevin what's really happening so we can get them out to safety." Vic said as Jaime sped off to see Kevin while Mike decided to blend into the crowd.

"Tell them to follow me and tony, you get the front liners. Get out from the back door." Mike said as Vic nodded and made an appearance on the stage.

"Guys, I'm really sorry about this, but listen, the mall isn't really safe for us to play, so why don't you guys follow mike and tony out of the building? Make sure you look out for each other. Front liners get to the stage and follow me." Vic said as he put down the mic and started helping the girls up the stage.

Just when they were working their way out, a gunshot was heard from across the building. It was coming from the side of the building where Mike led the crowd out. Everyone was now freaking out as one girl shouted that she saw a girl at the second floor being shot. Vic took a quick glance to the second floor only to find Fiona was smiling wickedly. Her eyes were dead black and her chest was bleeding. The shot. She would've been dead, Vic thought.

"Everyone, follow me!" Jaime said from the green room as Vic let his bass player handled the girls.

Vic took a jump off the stage as he slowly draw his salt gun out of the holster on his hip. Whatever the thing was, it's going to go down. But as soon as she saw that girl in front of him, he knew he was on the lady's trap. Just like she wanted him to. But where's Vienna? And who fired the gun at the first place to shoot Fiona? Whoever it was, he must have tried to protect Mike from her.

"Ah.. We've got company.." The demon said as she snapped her finger, and there she was, the girl Vic saw from his vision this morning, pinned into the wall of the main lobby. "Good for me you always bring this little sister of yours, Vienna.." She chuckled. The demon's eyes turned back it's normal color, but Vic knew she's no longer alive.

"What the hell do you want? Let Vienna and Arizona go!" Vic said as he pointed a gun toward the creature in front of him.

"Nuh-uh, victor.. If you pull you the trigger, I'm gonna make sure the little sister's a dead meat." She said, playing her tone.

This was a trap, Vic realized. The demons never meant to start a chaos to kill his three band mates. The demon was only after him and god knows what their plan was. But why was Vienna a part of this? As Vic's mind started asking questions, he could also hear vienna's little sister whimpered. She was in pain.

"Let my sister go, bitch!" Vienna said with a lot of anger.

"Oh my master's gonna be so proud of me that I got you two." Fiona chuckled. "You know victor, I was hoping I could enjoy you for myself last night. But don't worry.. As soon as I get your band mates..."

Before Fiona could finish her sentence, there was a loud feedback sound from the sound system on the stage, and Jaime was taking over the microphone. He was starting to chant an exorcism spell to send the demon back in hell, but of course it wasn't easy. Fiona was almost escaping the body she possessed by letting out her true form in black smoke.

Running as fast as Vienna could, she grabbed the demon's head as she put a handkerchief with a demon trap drawn on it over Fiona's mouth, preventing the demon to smoke out. Just when Jaime finished, the previously possessed girl made a burning sound from within her as she fell off the floor, leaving everyone in the room in confusion.

"I can't believe Jaime from pierce the veil just perfectly exorcise a demon.." Arizona said. "Not to mention, Vic knows my name, and yours. Is there anything I'm missing?" She added, walking toward her elder sister as Vienna just glanced.

"Well your sister told us a lot about you. Can't believe she never told you about our hunting trip." Vic said, extending a hand out for Arizona to shake.

"You're gonna have a lot to explain to your fans.." Vienna said.

"Oh. Don't worry, we will cover this up just like we always do." Jaime said, running off the stage to shake Vienna's and Arizona's hands. "And right now, we need to go back to our bus, you two included, because our tour manager demand a full story." Jaime added as the girls agreed.

"What a weird ass day.." Arizona said as Vienna rolled her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's up, finally! Hope you're enjoying this new update <3

-Amelia