Status: Contest

Life of an Hour Glass

Past

Holding hands, the two walked through the crowded streets of New York City. Snow sprinkled down from the night sky, enough to cover the narrow streets. Christmas lights flickered around in small shops, illuminating the night sky.

Strolling in comfortable silence, he tightened his grip on her glove as he guided her left, towards a small park. A slight confusion appeared on her face, rosy from the winter chill.

Smiling, he led her to a swing set covered in snow. “Let’s go for a swing.” Wiping the pile of snow off, he gave the seat a good pat. “Hop upon your carriage my, lady.”

A small giggle escaped her petit frame, leaving him satisfied with his doing. Hanging onto her hips, he slowly pushed.

Swaying back and forth, she looked across the snow covered park and to the frozen lake. Couples held hands and skated around, while children slipped and slide at the edge of the lake, while parents hovered above. Turning her gaze to a little boy, his green eyes glistened as he ventured off. Watching the child, more interest evolved.

As she stared at the little boy, she felt her gloves being taken off, her hands being held by another warm pair. She turned her gaze from the boy to the person standing before her.

“What are you doing?” She asked with a giggle.

He simply shrugged his shoulders and knelt down. “Oh you know, just causally brought his girlfriend to a park in the middle of a December night, nonchalantly kneeling before her. Yeah, just like every other guy out there would do.”

“Oh don’t be a smart ass, Christopher.” She laughed, shaking her head. “What are you doing?”

“I see how it is,” he said with a teasing tone. “Someone’s using my full name now, huh?”

She hid her blush behind her gloves, while his hand still held hers. “Stop it Chris, what are you doing?”

“Stop it Chris, what are you doing?” He mocked. She rolled her eyes in frustration, but couldn't hold the smile. Seeing her smile and eyes glisten, he couldn't help but to smile himself. As he stared into her shimmering green eyes, as she nibbled on the corner of her lip, “Hey Carly?”

“Yeah?” she looked at him in all seriousness. He carefully moved a strand of hair and tucked it behind her ear. Her beautiful blonde hair framed her face.

“Do you remember the first night we met?” He asked in a soothing tone, looking deep into her eyes.

She nodded eagerly, laughing. “Yeah, at Cedar Wood when we were counselors. On one of the nights, we all snuck out to the lake and you ran me over!”

“I didn't run you over, I—I just—it’s doesn't matter.” He said, huffing. “Anyways, at the end of the night, do you remember what I said to you?”

She taps her slender fingers against her chin. “Hmmm let me see. If I remember correctly, you said, and I quote, ‘Oh damn, didn't mean to run you over toots.’ And you winked, and then continued to stumble towards the cabins.”

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head. “No,” he moaned. “After that, when we climbed that tree and looked at the stars. When I walked you back to your cabin, do you remember the last words I said to you?” His face became serious, all joking set aside. She took her time to think back to the summer where they’d met and made the most of memories. Both were young teenagers, reckless and in love. “I said something that from that day forward, I knew I loved you and wanted to be with you forever.”

Taking in the hints being said, she thought back to the night where it all began. The night where he said—“Someday I’ll make you my—“

“Wife,” he finished for her. “I love you Carly Rose Johnston. You are the love of my life, the better part of me. You bring out the best and sometimes the worse in me. You are my world, you’re like the sun that rises and stars that shine. You complete me as a person, since that night I ran into you, I knew you were the one for me. And I made sure to let you. I can’t ever imagine myself without, so Carly, will you do the honors of being Mrs. Silverman?”

Chris pulled out a black velvet box from his jacket pocket, tears starting to stream down her face, one slowly after another. Grasping for words, she nodded her head. “Yes,”

He placed the perfectly fitted ring onto her finger. As shock wore her face, he quickly stood up and pulled her into a kiss, a slow lustful kiss that could light up the night.

Slowly pulling away, a small blush crept onto her face. He placed the tip of his nose against hers, a grin forming. “I love you, toots.” He softly whispers pulling her back for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Carly