Werepires

Homecoming Dance

I heard the door close and guessed everyone was now home. I came downstairs to greet everyone. “Oh hey Gaby,” I heard Jess call out.

“Hey guys what happened while I was gone?” I asked finally reaching them.

“Yeah nothing really quite boring without you there,” Jess laughed.

They all disappeared upstairs to get changed for tonight. There was a knock at the door. I went over and answered it. “Hey, are you okay?”

“Of course Edward, don’t worry about me. It was just a misunderstanding,” I replied as he pulled me into a hug.

I heard him mumble something too quiet for my ears then looking at me. “I’m sorry I can’t stay for the whole dance,” he apologized still not letting me go.

“Hey it’s okay, as long as I get the first dance,” I laughed.

Edward just patted my hair and let go of me. He just glided around the room. I laughed and walked into the kitchen to grab a snack. Edward appeared in front of me, scarring me to death. “I better go and get changed for tonight,” I notified him as I got my breath back.

“I guess that’s my cue to leave and get ready my-self,” he grinned kissing me on the check and walking swiftly away.

I felt lightheaded for a couple of seconds before realising that I needed to get ready for the dance. I run upstairs to get ready. “Gaby can you help me for a sec?” I heard a voice in the distance call out.

I walked into Jess’s room to find her using peroxide on her hair. “Hey Gaby, can you help with the underneath to make sure I got it all?” Jess asked carefully lifting her over.

I approached Jess and noticed she was putting have dark blue colouring underneath.

“Yeah it’s fine, you look great Jess,” I finished before walking to my room.

I walked downstairs to find Jess, Rachel and Laura sitting down on the couch. I was about to join them when suddenly our doorbell rang. Laura jumped out of her seat and skipped over to the door. What amazed me was the fact that she could skip in heels. “Hey, yeah we’re ready.” She told our visitors.

We all arrived at the dance and walked into the school gym. It was decorated extraordinarily; there was a balloon arch in the entrance and streamers randomly thrown on the floor. The school even hired a few bands for this night. Since Laura and our friend Gabbie were on the committee, they got to choose which bands were playing. “Hey, great line up by the way guys,” Jess Committed before running off to see if Oli had arrived yet.

It was still early as the first band was setting up, so we decided to walk around the school grounds for a bit. Laura stayed behind as she wanted to talk to one of the band’s lead singer, so it was just me, Rachel, Edward and Gabbie left standing here. “Hey, I’m going to go find Jacob, if he’s here yet. Gabbie can you come help m?” Rachel inquired.

“Yeah I’ll come, you fine here Gaby?” Gabbie answered.

“Yeah but only until Edward leaves,” I laughed, taking Edward’s hand and lugging him out of the gym.

I turn to see Gabbie and Rachel walking away from where we left them. “I’m sorry that I can’t stay for the whole dance,” Edward apologised.

I shook my head. “It’s not your fault, besides, at least I get the first dance,” I smiled with Edward taking my hand.

He lead me to one of the school benches and sat down before grabbing my by the waist and made me sit on him. I put my arms around him and leaned on him whilst watching the clouds. Honestly, I never pictured my-self sitting here on a statue like model, watching those cotton balls in the sky. “I know this isn’t how you pictured your life right now, but…” Edward started.

“Could you please not read my thoughts?” I pleaded with cutting him off.

“My apologises, now as I was saying; but don’t get too used to this idea. I don’t know how long we can stay here for and I don’t want people to get so attached. I believe Emmett is making a huge mistake as well but he usually knows what’s best. Besides it’s only fair he gets to have fun, I had it all in Forks,” Edward chuckled.

The whole time he spoke I noticed the sadness in his voice and the fact he was staring up at the clouds as he said those words.

“There’s one thing you’ve never cleared up for us,” I started, waiting to see if this was going to catch his attention and make him look at me. “Are you really vampires? I mean you told us of your life in Forks, gave us hints and all, but you never actually confirmed it.”

“Didn’t we? I’m sorry, I thought I did. Yes it’s true, but please keep this to your-selves,” Edward replied looking down at me.

I could see the warmth in this delightful topaz eyes and I wished this never had to end.

“Don’t worry, we’re great at keeping secrets,” I smirked before getting up and grabbing his hand to drag him back into the gym.

“Finally the bands all set up,” Laura laughed walking up to us with Emmett following.

“So how good are they?” I questioned as it was only Jess and Laura who’d heard this band’s music before.

“Well in my opinion, there a great local band but others mightn’t like them as much,” she replied.

“What’s the band called anyway?” Edward questioned looking over to the stage.

“They are called ‘Just Like Josiah’” she answered before walking off with Emmett following.

It was now seven thirty and everyone had started turning up. I found the rest of our group. Jess had found Oli and kept bugging us to let her go dance. A few of our other friends had found us too; Jackie, Lizzie, Chelsea, Renee, Kat, Rafiqa and another Rachel. “I can’t believe this dance has already come,” Jackie exclaimed whilst admiring the gym. Jackie was also on the committee with Laura and Gabbie. “So, Rent-A Friend, how have you been?” mini Rachel asked.

“Haven’t heard that in a while, I’m good actually, can I be excused? Josiah are about to start,” Laura replied running off.

“She moves around a lot,” Edward laughed as his “brother” sighed and went after her.

“Would you care if I got to have the first dance?” a voice from behind Rachel asked.

Rachel turned to see Jacob standing right behind her. “Of cause you can,” she replied as she held out her hand.

Jacob took it and leaded her to the dance floor. One by one it just ended up with being me and Edward. “Would you like to dance?” Edward proposed.

He took my hand and lead me to the dance floor before I even got to speak.

“It’s eight thirty now,” I sighed.

Edward nodded before suddenly kissing me on the cheek before walking away. I went over to side to where I saw Liz and Chelsea were. “Hey Liz, Chels!” I called out.

They both turned to see who was calling out there names. “Oh hey Gaby,” Lizzie called back.
I caught up to them and started chatting. Just then one of my favourite bands started playing. “I can’t believe Laura, Gabbie and Jackie got My Chemical Romance!” I squealed.

Just then My Chemical Romance started playing one of their famous songs; Helena. “May I have this dance?” I voice from behind called.

I spun around to find Gerard standing behind me. “I guess so.”

We walked to the middle of the dance floor and danced but it didn’t feel right. It wasn’t the feeling you get when you cheat on someone but an uneasy feeling. I had never got this feeling when I was around Gerard ever but for some reason tonight wasn’t going to be a good one if I stayed near him.

After ‘Helena’ finished MCR played ‘I’m Not Okay’. “Gaby over here!” I heard Jess call.

“Excuse me Gerard,” I announced before I started to walk in the direction Jess was.
Before I knew it Gerard grabbed my arm. “Where do you think your going?” Gerard asked furiously.

“Jess wants me and I want to see what she wants,” I replied politely as I could.

“No your not!”

He grabbed my hand as hard as he could and dragged me away from everyone else.
“Get in slut!”

He threw me into his car and quickly jumped into his side before starting the car and driving off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to my friend, who has move away this week