Status: Active- writers block

Can't Lose You

Chapter one- It begins

As I pulled up to the office I had butterflies in my stomach. Today was the first day I'd be going out on a bounty as they need someone as bait, and its just my luck that Baby Lyssa wasn't in today. I guess that's not the only reason I was nervous, I always am around Leland. When I first started working at Da Kine bail bonds we never really spoke but the closer I got to the rest of his family, the closer I got to him. I got out the car and started to walk inside.

"Hey beautiful" Leland shouted from behind his desk as I walked into the main meeting room. I turned and look behind me before turning back to Leland pointing at myself.
"Me? Beautiful?" I said smirking at him. He turns his head to one side looking me up and down.
"Hmm on second thoughts" he says laughing at himself. My jaw dropped and I held my heart to show my upset. Leland stood up from his desk and quickly made his way towards me. He grabbed my hands and tried pulling me into his arms but I used all my strength to pull back. When Dog and the rest of the crew walks in Leland still has my hands with our fingers entangled, me doing everything in my power to not get dragged into his grasp which believe me takes alot of effort.

"Come on you two! This is no time for wrestling or play fighting, whatever it is youre doing. Leland let her go" Dog snapped as everyone gathered on the sofas.
"Not until she gives me a hug so I know she forgives me" he said pulling a puppy dog face at me.
"Hug him and let's start" Beth said losing her patients with us. I looked back at Leland who still had hold of my hands except now he had a massive grin on his face which showed off his perfect dimples. I must have got lost in the perfection of his face because the next thing I know I have my face embedded in his chest with his arms wrapped tightly around me, swaying me side to side. Just before I pulled away he whispered in my ear "I was gonna say gorgeous". He finally lets me go and I sit on the couch next to Duane Lee. They all start discussing the fugitive they're after today (or shall I say we.) His names 'Jack Thomas' and the sickness I felt when I arrived doubles with everything they say about him.

~

Once everyone was geared up we divided into groups and got into the SUV's. I was in one car with Beth and Leland while Dog, Duane Lee and Sonny went in the other. Beth drives as we make our way to 'Jack Thomas' last known address and everyone seems fairly confident he is there. Beth was having a conversation with Dog other the radio so I shuffled in my seat and turned to face Leland.
"You nervous?" He said as he turned to face me as well.
"A little"
"Don't be you'll be fine" he said giving me a reasuring smile and placing his hand on my knee.
"But there's always a chance it migh-" Leland buts in before I could finish my sentence.
"Nothing's going to go wrong, I won't let anything happen to you ok?" I could feel my cheeks starting to turn red so I nodded and looked down at the seat. Leland immediately put his hand under my chin lifting my head up so I was facing him again.
"I promise" he said whilst I moved next to him and he wrapped his arm around me pulling me closer as I rest my head on his shoulder, and i couldnt help but notice Beth smiling at us through the rear view mirror. Everything in that moment was perfect, but short lived as I heard Dogs voice over the radio filling everyone in on the plan.

"Ok, jess you're gonna go and knock on the door and just say something like 'hey I'm looking for Jack' and as soon as you get confirmation it's him or he's there we'll come and grab him"
Before I had time to take it in Beth radios back to him.
"Hey big daddy, how far away we parking?"
"Just around the corner from the apartment about 5 minutes away"
My heart stopped beating. I quickly sat up and looked at Leland and he was looking back at me with the same expression.
"That's fu***** crazy, I'm not letting her out of my sight" he shouts into his radio. I'd never seen him like this before especially not on my behalf. I couldn't believe how much this annoyed him and as much as I'd hate to admit it, I liked it... alot.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first ever chapter so I'd like to hear what you think:)