Status: Active- writers block

Can't Lose You

Chapter two- Feeling the fear

After a heap of back and forth Leland wins the argument and is allowed to stay within jogging distance from me, which was a massive relief. As we nearer the apartment block Leland drops back into his position and I make my way up to the second floor. Before I get to close I get one finally message over the radio.

"Just stay calm ok, as soon as you give the signal ill be right there" he said in that amazing tone of voice he has. I told myself to snap out of my daydream of Leland cause I was two doors away. When I arrived outside Jack's door I knocked consciously, not wanting to piss the guy off for knocking to loud. He didnt even have to answer the door for me to realise it was him, I could smell the alcohol from outside. I was about to give Leland the signal and walk away but he opened the door.

"Well well well, who do we have hear?" He was standing in shorts with a bottle of vodka in his hand and smelt and looked like he hadn't washed for weeks, maybe even longer.
"Erm hi I'm looking for Jack, does he live here?" I tried to say as confidently as possible. Before he even replied he moved towards me and placed his arms around my waist spilling his drink down my back in the process.
"You found him baby!" He starts moving his hands down till he's pinching my buttcheeks dragging me closer to him. I tried pushing him off but he weighs like 3 times my own body weight. I'm left to do the only thing I can.
"LELA-" I couldn't even finish screaming for him cause he was already dragging him off me and pushing him up against the wall, shouting in his face. I didn't hear what he was saying cause I froze and went into a state of shock.

"Jess? Hello Jess" Beth says waving her hand in my face.
"Ohh sorry, what?" She started leading me downstairs and back to the SUV's. She opens the car door and I sit on the seat dangling my feet outside with my head in my hands.
"You ok?" She said whilst handing me a bottle of water. I try to drink but my hands won't stop shaking enough for me to drink without spilling it. Beth looks over at the others and tells me she'll be back in a minute and walks over the the other car. I lower my head looking down at the ground when Im pulled into someone's arms. At first I jumped not knowing who it was, but after I got a whiff of his smell I knew it was him. I frantically wrapped my arms around his waist trying to pull him closer but he was as close as he could possible get. He lowered his head so it was resting on my shoulder, his nose buried in my neck.
"Oh my god" He said loud enough for me to hear.
"When I looked around the corner and saw him on top of you I-" it was my turn to cut him off.
"Please don't, I don't want to talk about it"
"Ok Im sorry"
After what felt like forever he started to stand up straight meaning I had to let go.
"Are you ok though? Have you had a drink?" I shake my head not being able to find my voice to actually so no.
"Why not?" I just lift up my hands which are still shaking like crazy.
He takes my hands and pushes them together and kisses them, his eyes never losing contact from mine as he does which surprisingly calms them down a bit. He lets them go and starts leaning closer and closer towards my face. His lips slowly and tenderly collide with mine and I feel his hands cupping my face, holding me where he wants me and I wrap my arms around his neck holding him where I want him. Just as our tongues become entwined Dogs voice comes over the radio causing us to break lips but not our hold on each other.
"Leland is Jess ok?" He waits before answering while we catch our breath.
"Y-eah, she's alright" He looks at me and moves hair from my face and places it behind my ear.
"Ok good! I'll get someone to check her over when we get back to the office, but first lets get this pisshead back where he belongs"
"10/4"
I removed my hands from around his neck as he backed away.
"Mind your legs" I quickly turn in my seat so my legs are inside the car and start to move over a bit so Leland can sit next to me, but he doesn't. He shuts the door and jumps in the drivers seat in front of me. Unsure on what to do I look out the window and see Beth making her way back to car and let out a sigh of relief when she eventually gets in.

~

It was a silent and awkward drive to the jail; no one talked and Leland kept looking at me through the mirrors. I couldn't wait to get out the car. Everyone jumped out and stood around Jack in the other car but I decided to just stay a good distance away. Leland kept looking over every 5 minutes, I just wanted him to come over and say whatever he had to say. No matter how upsetting and disappointing it probably was.

Lelands POV-

I keep telling myself not to look over at her but I can't help it, she's perfect. I'm not going to lie I have feelings for her, really, really strong feelings for her but I can't act on them. What we do is dangerous. I have to look out for everyone cause they're my family and I love them. Adding a girlfriend into the mix would only be added pressure, I found it hard enough to focus today when I saw him put his hands on her. I have to be proffesional and I know that if anyone hurt her and I wasn't there to protect my own girlfriend, I would never forgive myself, or be able to control my actions.

"Beth! Your phones ringing" I turn around and see Jess making her way over holding out Beth's phone till she's standing by my side.
"There you are baabbyyy! We got rudely interrupted before, wanna pick up from where we left off" Jack stands up and takes two steps towards Jess when I flip. I swing for him and I don't care how hard of a punch it was, he had it coming from touching her before and I defiantly wasn't letting him go any where near her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be appreciated:)