Status: Active- writers block

Can't Lose You

Chapter 4- Fresh start?

I phoned Beth early this morning telling her I wasn't coming in because I didn't feel well, when in fact I just couldn't face Leland. When I finally dragged myself out of bed I made myself some toast and a cup on tea before flopping down on the sofa to watch the news in my favourite pajamas. It was nice not having to rush around.
I got a few texts from Baby Lyssa and Duane Lee checking that I was ok and to get better soon, but I chose to ignore them. I didn't do it to be rude, I just wanted sometime to myself.

Lelands POV-

When I got to work I realised Jess wasn't here yet. I walked inside and asked Beth if she had heard from her. She was still pissed at me for leaving my post to help Jess, but everyone else agreed with my actions.
"She's not coming in today" she barked at me.
"Why, is she ok?"
"She's sick... probably of you" she muttered the last part under her breathe. I thought it was best to ignore her cause I didn't want to make things worse, and in all honesty she probably had a point. I decided to phone her but she never answered, not that I'm surprised.

Jess's POV-

I should take more days off its been relaxing. No drunk guys throwing themselves on me, no objects thrown at me and especially no Leland screwing with my head. That was until someone knocked on my down.

"Leland? What are you doing here?" I asked polity as possible.
"Wow nice to see you too" he says whilst smirking. How could he just show up being all nice and friendly.
"Can I come in?" I thought about it before stepping back and letting him past.
"Nice pajamas by the way" I tried not to laugh and just did a little smile but he could tell I found it funny.
"Look I don't mean to sound rude but, what do you want?" I said whilst sitting crossed legged on the sofa.
"I needed to come and talk to you" he says perching on the arm of the sofa.
"I'm listening"
"I know I've been a bit of a dick recently" I quickly nod my head in agreement which goes ignored but not unnoticed by the expression on his face.
"After our kiss I just thought it would be easier and less complicated to put some distance between us"
"How so?" I asked slighty lost and confused.
"You don't know what it's like to have the pressure of everyone's safety resting on your shoulders. Whenever there's trouble I'm the first person people call" he pauses before continuing.
"I thought if I separate myself from you I could remain focused when it comes to looking out for the others"
"Wait I'm puzzled, why are you telling me this? If you want to separate yourself then why are you here?"
"You didn't let me finish. After yesterday I realised I don't want to lose you or what we have. My dad still does a great job with Beth by his side, in fact he probably wouldn't be as good without her. Yesterday I came straight over to help and protect you when we're not even a couple, so I'd do the exact same if you was my girlfriend, maybe just a bit quicker" I sit there looking at him for a minute or so unsure of what to say after that. He shuffles off the arm of the sofa so that he's now sitting on the sofa next to me.
"So what you're trying to say is...?" I couldn't help but laugh as I asked because I must have sounded stupid. Obviously I did cause he started laughing at me as well.
"I thought I made that part obvious but I can't have. What I trying to say is, I want to be with you" by now I had got the gist of what he was getting at but I wasn't giving in until he made it very,very clear. I just turn my head to one side trying to give him my confused face but giggling at the same time.
"Seriously, do I have to spell it out? Jess will you be my girlfriend? Please"
♠ ♠ ♠
Pajamas-
http://www.polyvore.com/topshop_tweety_vest_short_pjs/thing?id=77521124