Status: Active- writers block

Can't Lose You

Chapter 5- Tables turn

The following weeks from that evening have been amazing. I didn't think my feelings for Leland could get any stronger then they already were but I was wrong. The first day we came into the office hand in hand everyone was overcome with joy, but mainly with relief that we finally realised what everyone had seen coming for a while now. A lot of things have changed, I'm not as weak and fragile as I was on my first few bounties. That was the first thing Leland wanted me to work on. I've started going to the gym with him and the guys and had some one on one training with Leland in the art of self defence, although I still need to work on that.

"Hey Jess" I heard baby Lyssa say as I came in and sat in Beth's office as she wanted to talk to me. But Lyssa came and sat with me till Beth was ready.
"Hey lyss"
"Why you in here?" She said spinning round in Beth's chair.
"Beth wants to have a chat"
"About what?"
"I won't know until she gets here will I" I said laughing at her 'I should have known that' expression.
"I'm here, I'm here!" Beth said whilst rushing into the office.
"Ah-ah-ah out my chair" Baby Lyssa immediately stood up from the chair and walked over to the side of the desk I was at. Beth sat down and started gathering the file on today's fugitive.
"Why do you want to talk to Jess?"
"Ohh nothing serious I just wanted to let you know that me and Dog have decided you and Leland should ride in seperate cars from now on" she picked up the file and stood up from her seat heading for the door.
"What? Why?" I asked standing up behind her. She turned to face me and her jaw dropped.
"Woah! You look like one foxy sistah I'm those mini shorts. Which is partly the reason we want you riding in the new all girls car, I want our guys focused and on top form" she didn't even finish what she was saying before walking out her office and ended up saying the last part in the meeting room where everyone was gathered.

"Why would we not be on top form?" Leland asked acting hurt in the lack of faith in them.
"Look for yourself" she said stepping to one side and pushing me forward into the room.
"Daammmnn! If you ever get bored of my little brother, ill be here" Duane Lee practically shouts across the room.
"Shut up brah!" Leland says tossing a water bottle at him.
"Play nice you two! Now come on we got a busy day ahead of us with today's fugitive, so lets make a start"

"Lets gear up" Dog said. Leland helped me get ready and showed me how to use my mace can because they all had a feeling we'd need it.

~

After what seemed like hours of driving and searching, driving and searching we finally got a solid lead. When we arrived outside the address there was already a group of lads outside, which was was partly expecting due to "Robbie Jones" a.k.a Black Robba's history and reputation. Nearly everyone we had spoken to said he was dangerous. When we got out of the vehicles Leland immediately came over to where I was standing and told me to stay back a bit, which believe me didnt bother me in the slightest; I liked the idea. Our guys went over to the group of lads and started asking them if they knew where our fugitive was hiding. Next thing I knew fists were flying, mace beibg sprayed everywhere, everyone shouting and being dragged back to the car by Beth. But as we was pulling away I saw Leland being thrown to the ground but two of them but Beth didnt wait around long enough for me to get out.

"Wait! We have to go back, I have to make sure Lelands ok!"
"Sweetheart he's gonna be fine! we'll just park up here and wait for them all to come." As soon as she parked up I jumped out the car and started pacing the pavement waiting for news. I didn't have to wait long because they pulled up about 2 minutes behind us. I ran over to the car as Leland jumped out wiping his eyes with some tissue.
"Oh my god are you ok?"
"Argh I can't see properly"
"Here, tip your head back" he does as I ask and I start pouring water over his eyes, which gives him some relief from the mace.
"Thank you" he gives he a sweet but passionare filled kiss before he wraps his arms around my neck as I wrap my arms around his waist.
"Wait, are you hurt?"
"No I'm fine"
"Thank god for that." When he finally lets go we join the others who are talking about what happened.

"Well it's a good thing we had Leland there macing them, they were all covered" Dog jokes around trying to lighten the mood.
"What actually happened?" I butt in wanting to know what set them off.
"They didn't like us being in their area, especially looking for one of their main men" Duane Lee was the first to answer my question.
"Ohh" was the only response I could think of. Everyone paused for a moment not knowing what to say.
"Well if everyone's ok then lets get back out there, I'm more determined to get this 'Robba' now more then ever" good old Dog, always knows how to get us all back in the game and focused.