Status: Active- writers block

Can't Lose You

Chapter 6- Mood swings

Me and Leland have been together 3 months tomorrow. Not that anyone's likely to remember as thing have been pretty hectic recently around the office. But finally today me and Leland are taking the day off to spend time together and Leland being Leland wants to go surfing. Not that I'm complaining... what girl in their right mind wouldn't want to lay on a beach soaking in the rays, watching a guy like Leland shirtless and wet.

"Hurry up babe, we're going to the beach not a fashion show" Leland shouted as he stood waiting by the door in his white wife beater top and red swimming trunks. I quickly ran into the hall way grabbing some sandals and slipping them on and joining him by the door.
"There's no harm in wanting to look nice, especially when I'm standing next to you" I said picking up my beach bag as he opened the door.
"What's that supposed to mean?" He said picking up his surf board.
"Well I don't want girls thinking they can out do me for your attention, so I have to look perfect" he starts laughing as we start our walk to the beach.
"Why is that funny?" I asked trying to punch him hard in the stomach but he hardly even feels it.
"Maybe I should go back and get ready again then because you look way beyond perfect, all the guys on the beach are gonna want you on their arm" I quickly link my arm round his and entangle my fingers with his.
"Ohh well that's a shame; you've got hold of one arm and my bags in the other" I shrug my shoulders and start swinging our hands.
"As long as it stays that way today should go just fine" he lets go of my hand and unlinks our arms so he can wrap his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him as I lean my head on his shoulder and wrap my arm around him too.

When we get to the beach we find a nice spot and I lay my beach towel on the sand before taking my shorts and vest top off so I can top up my tan in my baby pink bikini with little white bows. Leland quickly drops his board, whips off his top and is ready to go charging into the waves.
"You coming for a ride?" He says giving me a cheeky grin and winking at me. I pull out my glasses and put them on before sitting down and laying back.
"Fine, but you're coming in later whether you like it or not" he quickly kneels down and kisses my lips before sprinting down the beach and into the water.
I shouted at him telling him to be careful but I doubt he even heard me.

He's continuously in and out of the sea and the hours just fly past. As Leland makes his way up the beach towards me again I quickly stand up and brush the sand of me.
"Hey! Where you going?" He says coming up behind me and wrapping his wet arms around my waist lifting me up.
"Leland put me down!" He does as I ask and let's me go.
"I'm going to get a drink, what anything?" I say reaching for my purse.
"Yeah water please and ill pay" I stand back up and Leland hands me some money out his wallet.
"Ok be back in a minute"

I made my way to a shop which was only like a two minute walk from our spot. I grabbed 2 bottles of water and stood at the till waiting to pay.
"I'll get these for you babe" I quickly turned around and saw a man I didn't even recognise.
"A stunning girl like you shouldn't be paying for your own drinks" I can't help but laugh as he tries sounding charming and seductive, he just smiles unsure of what's funny.
"Actually I'm not, my erm boyfriends paying for them" I've never seen someone's expression change so quickly.
"Ouucchh. Well it was worth a try"
"Maybe next time, don't assume every girl you see is single" he laughs this time as I smile and walk out of the shop and back over to Leland. I sit down next to him and swing my legs over his and he begins to stroke them.
"Guess what just happened to me" I say handing him his water.
"What happened?" He says taking a mouthful.
"Some guy just tried hitting on me" my legs get sprinkled with cold water from Leland spitting some of his drink out.
"What!?"
"He called me stunning and offered to buy our drinks"
"Ha is that the best he's got" Leland says laughing at him.
"I don't know, why don't you go and ask him?" He looks at me with his confused face.
"He just sat down over there" I casually point him out so he doesn't get the wrong impression.
"The guy staring at you?"
"That's the one" I say laughing at the situation.
"Well lets give him something to stare at"
He takes hold of my face directing my lips to his. He playfully stops before our lips touch and I know he's doing it to annoy our audience. When he can't help himself any longer he starts off gently and slow but the kiss soons grows in intensity, I don't think he's going to let our lips unlock but eventually he does. Staring into each others eyes, trying to catch our breath he quietly whispers.
"What do you think? Broken his heart enough yet?"
I shake my head saying no and lean in for another.