Status: Active- writers block

Can't Lose You

Chapter 8- Bounty queen

"No I'm not going to let you end it because of my over protectiveness and stupidity!" He puts his hand on my hip using the other the lift my head to face him. I move my head so his no longer touching my chin.
"We can't keep going round in circles Leland. Every bust we go on all ill be over thinking about whether or not I should do something incase you disagree. You know, I was so proud of myself for catching those guys today and I actually thought you would be to"
"I am! I just don't want you putting yourself in unnecessary danger. They could have easily done something to hurt you"
"Ok I understand that but you just need to trust that I know who and what I can and can't handle"
"I will I promise! You have no idea how much I love you Jess" I wrap my arms around his neck so he's closer to me.
"I love you to Leland" he lifts me up off the railings and starts carrying me to the car.
"Leland what are you doing? Put me down"
"I can't, I'm building up my muscles. Need to work out if I wanna be able to catch up with you" he says laughing at himself and I laugh along with him.
"Ha! You're gonna need to try harder then this" he puts me down and we both get in, continuing our debate about who's the quickest as Leland drives us back to the office.

As we pull up outside we are greeted by Duane Lee who's standing outside.
"Glad to see you're still in one piece bro" he said as we got out and walked towards him.
"Only just" Leland says putting his arm round my shoulders as I elbow him in the side.
"Hey Duane I'm sorry for shouting at you before"
"Don't worry about it. Believe it or not you're not the first girl to shout at me, but you sure give Beth a run for her money" he's eyes divert to Leland.
"In fact you'd give us all a run for our money, you was like a whippet out there. Maybe you should cover the back from now on" we all walked inside laughing as we gathered on the sofas for our second fugitive. Mine and Beth's faces lit up when we found out we was hunting a girl. 'Leilani Kealoha' who was arrested for DUI, she doesn't pose much of a threat unless she's drunk when we arrive. The co-signer was her best friend who she happens to be living with, Dog decided it was to risky to phone the friend so we headed straight to their address but not before I grabbed a new radio which actually worked. When we pulled up everyone took their usual positions except me and Duane Lee switched. I was standing at the back for around 5minutes when Leland told me to come to the front because the consigner was getting hot headed, as was Beth. Bringing me into the middle of the situation probably wasn't one of his smartest ideas because the one thing I hate more then Leland insulting me, is little girls thinking they're all that.

"Get the fuck out of my face" the co-signer,Kalaya yelled in my face as I moved her away from Beth.
"What you gonna do if I don't?" I asked to see if she live up to her petty threats.
"I'll fuck you up, you stupid bitch"
"You lay a finger on her and I'll have you in jail before you even have time to cry for you're momma" I turn around to see Beth trying to get past Leland.
"Like this you mean?" I feel hands on my shoulders pushing me back. I turn back round and see Kalaya flashing a smug grin at Beth. I quickly shoved her back up against the side of her house, making sure I didn't hurt her.. just shake her up a bit.
"Who do you think you are huh? You are 19years old for fuck sake, how do you expect to get through life treating people like that? And I get that Leilani is your bestfriend but if you care about her at all you'd tell us where she is to help her" I take a step back as Leland and Justin come over. As I turn to walk away and cool down she taps me on the shoulder.
"Wait" I turn around and see Leland reaching for his cuffs but I grab his arm and stop him. He turns to me and I shake my head.
"I'll tell you where she is, as long as you give me your word you won't hurt her"
"Of course we won't, you have my word"

I got all the team together and came up with a plan about how we were going to catch Leilani. Kalaya called her and told her she wanted her to meet her cousin who was new in town, me. We went to a nearby park where me and Kalaya sat on a bench waiting for Leilani to show up. Although we were alone the others weren't far behind, but they could hear everything as I had my phone on to Leland next to me on the bench.
"How long have you been with Leland?" She asked.
"H-how did you know we was dating?"
"It's obvious, the way you look at each other" she says laughing.
"Ohh" I say feeling my cheeks heat up.
"We've been together for 3months today"
"Aww, well I can tell he loves you"
"Really? How?"
"He hasn't let you out of his sight once since we sat down" I causal turn around as see she's right. But I also notice Leilani making her way over. Kalaya stands up and hugs her and introduces me. I decided to wait for Leland to make his way closer before trying to cuff her. Kalaya tried to distract her with general chit chat but Leilani turned around and spotted Leland and the others. She was off and luckily for me I had my running shoes on. I caught up with her in seconds and I could hear Leland coming up behind me shouting at her to freeze. I reached out and grabbed her arm causing her to stop, letting Leland cuff her. Beth and Dog decided that me and Leland could go straight back to his to spend the rest of the night together whilst they took Leilani to the jail.

~

Leland made us dinner as an anniversary treat and we curled up on his sofa watching a movie.
"Did you hear what Kalaya was saying at the park?"
"No what was she saying?"
"Just that she could tell you love me" he shuffles onto his back and I lay on top of him resting my head of his chest. He kisses my head and starts stroking my hair.
"How could I not love you, you're my little bounty queen"
"I wouldn't call me that, Beth might not like it"
"Hmm yeah good point, whippet it is then" we both laugh and I snuggle up closer to him, wrapping my arm around his waist.
"Won't be long till our 3 year anniversary" he says as my eyes start closing.
"Mmh, can't wait" I say as I drift off to sleep listening to the sound of his heart beating.