Children of Time

Prologue

Ashlyn slid her arms into her favorite jacket, and old black duster that looked worn but well-cared for. After pulling on her black belted combat boots, she left her room to find her father, Jack Harkness. She'd heard him come up the stairs of their home a few minutes earlier.

"Dad?" She called, entering the den. She found him on the sofa with a glass of scotch in his hand. The look on his face was one she recognized well.
He stood up when he saw her, setting his glass on the table and opening his arms.
Image

"Oh, daddy." She sighed. It wasn't surprising. Ashlyn knew that anyone who worked for Torchwood risked their lives, and more often than not, died young. She wrapped her arms around him as he buried his face in her shoulder, his tears flowing silently.
"Ianto. He's gone." Jack whispered.
"What about Gwen?" Ashlyn asked.
"I'm... disbanding Torchwood. I'm sending Gwen away, getting her out of the danger zone." He replied, his voice muffled by her shoulder. He let go and fell back onto the sofa, patting the place next to him and picking his glass up again.
"Movie?"
"Oh, yes."
_____________________________________
The next day, when Ashlyn came home from work, Jack wasn't home. She waited around for him, plugging her laptop into the TV and watching episodes of Once Upon A Time that she had missed. Six episodes, four cherry cokes, and a half-pint of ice cream later, Jack still wasn't home. Ashlyn checked her wrist-strap, push a few select buttons and it would track down Jack.
"What the hell?" She snapped. She closed the wrist-strap and ran a hand through her hair.
Jack wasn't in a place her Vortex-Manipulator could track him to. He wasn't even on Earth.
A few minutes later, she had her cell phone out and was setting up a conference call.

"Call Reggie Davis and Alura Monroe." She said out loud, setting her phone down on the dressing table in her room and rummaging through her desk drawer.
"Reggie, here. What's up?"
"Me, too. What's going on, Ash?"
"Guys, I need you over here pronto."
After an on my way was chorused, Ash reached over and hit the END button.
She pulled a choker with a black cross from her drawer and clasped it around her neck. She had a feeling that they would be doing some traveling, and she never left without the choker. It's the only thing she has left of her mother and the 14th century.

[Ten Minutes Later]
Reggie and Alura both walked into the den at the same time, where Ashlyn was pacing back and forth.
"My dad is missing." She said immediately. She looked at her friends expectantly, noticing that they both had their own artifacts from their mothers with them as well. Reggie was wearing a gold and maroon scarf with a lion emblazoned on it. Alura was wearing a simple silver ring with an emerald set in it. They were ready to go.

"Where to, first?" Alura asked. Ashlyn rubbed a hand over her face.
"I have no idea."
"We should talk to your dad first, Al." Reggie suggested.
They all came to a mutual agreement that the first step would be finding Alura's father. They would talk to the Doctor.