Status: active :) update when i can

Show Me the Stars, Smith

part 24

I woke up to the doorbell ringing and Matt talking to someone at the door.
I brushed my hair and wandered out in my underwear and an oversize shirt covering up the top of my thighs. I walked out and saw Matt standing there and he signalled for me to come over and reached his hand out for me to hold. I poked my head around the door to see Tom standing there looking very sorry for himself.
“what’s up Tom?” I said hiding my bare legs behind Matt.
“Liz is in hospital Sky” he mumbled
“What?” I nearly shouted “what? When? Why? “ I said uncontrollably fast.
“she got hit by a car an hour ago on her way to work, she had a broken leg but they want to keep her in to make sure she doesn’t have any head damage and stuff”
I could feel my eyes watering up due to what had happened and also by Tom’s watering eyes.
I flung my arms around his neck and hugged him tight like we always do. I pulled out and turned to Matt then back to Tom “let me go get dressed and then I’m coming with you”
Tom nodded and waited by the door as Matt followed me into the bedroom as I got dressed.
“I have a meeting most of today but I will come by in the evening” he said as I grabbed my bag ready to go.
“ok” I said kissing him on the lips. He gave me a bear hug and mumbled into my ear “it will be ok sweetheart”.
I gave him a small smile and left with Tom. The car journey was silent with the radio playing until we got to the hospital.
I walked in to see her lying in her bed with a bright blue cast on her leg. She smiled and waved as I came in.
I put some flowers next to her bed and gave her a hug. I looked at Tom and then her “you stupid bitch you scared me like hell” I said whacking her arm
She whined “hey no abusing the patient” she said and started to laugh.
Tom walked over and gave Liz a kiss and said “I have to go and meet my manager but I will be back later I will probably pick Matt up on the way”.
“ok” we both said in unison as I got myself a cup of water and Tom left.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if it is short running out of ideas atm but we will be back with longer chapters soon :)