Status: Active :)

Sweet Escape

Introduction

"Next case! Can Mia Plamondon come to to the front?" a lady dressed in balck said after hiting a wooden hammer on her desk. I swallow nervously and get up. You can do this. Just remember your arguments and everything will be fine. Clutching the papers in my hands, I make my way in front of the tall desk.
"It says here that you want to become a legal gardiant to Ella Goselin is that correct?"
"Yes m'am" I look at her straight in the eye.
She stays silent for a bit. I'm assuming that she's reading papers in front of her.
"Both of her parents died in a car crash 2 weeks ago and it says here that an other couple was also involved..."
"My parents." I say fighting back the tears.
"Oh so you're Ella's aunt?"
I nood.
"Mia, you're only 18, do you really think you can.."
I cut here off "You think that because I'm 18, i'm not capable of taking care of my godchild? With all respect ma'm, age is just a number. It does not define who we are nor what we are capable of."
She just looked at me. I was sweating. Alot. Shit, I said too much. But she had to see my point.
" You work at a gas station. How is that gonna provide for you and Ella?" She gave me a look that said that she
had won this fight. Hell no.
"Worked." I corrected her. "I got a call 3 weeks ago for a job opportunity in London. I called back but then the accident happened and... there just waiting for me to be ready. My agent picked up a beautiful appartment already." I give her print outs of the compagny saying that they were interested in having me and pictures of the appartment.
" And what does miss Ella think of that?"
"I havent seen her since the night of the accident. Child sevices wouldnt let me see her until court said so." I was close to crying. The last thing I want to do is cry. I wanted to be strong for once.
" I just... look Mia i'm really sorry for all of your loss but I dont think you can do this." That was it. I was done holding those tears inside.
"What you don't understand ma'm is that Ella is all I have left. I'm all she has. We need to be together. All i'm asking for is a chance to work things out together. Begin a new life as a family. I've lost so many people. I can't lose her." I was sobbing. It all hit me like a sucker punch in the face. The sleepless nights, being alone...
"What is the compagnie called?" A question I was suprised to hear.
"Elle magazine in london, they want me to be a part of their photogragher staff." She had a look like she was thinking hard. This is it. The moment i've been waiting for.
"Child services will be visiting you in London to make sure you and Ella are living alright. Your are now Ella Goselin's legal gardiant. Please don't don't make me regret this Mia."
"Oh no you won't your honnor! thank you so much." I take her hand and shake it.
"Ella's in that room waiting for you." She smiled at me and pointed at the back. I heard her slam the hammer but I didn't care. I ran to the room and there she was. The little 4 year old brunnette with curls that ran in the family. She had my sisters piercing blue eyes and her dad's tiny nose.
"Hi sweety." Then I cried again. She knooked me over with a hug and we just stayed there for a while. We were both crying now. She let me go and looked at me.
"Mommy, daddy , mami and papi are gone Mimi." Her eyes matched mine. Red and swolen.
" I know baby but everything will be ok, alright? But only if you agree to move in with me Elz. Aunty Mimi has to move to London in the U.K. Is it ok if we live there?" She looked at me with a big smile on her face.
"Do you know who lives there?" I just looked at her confused for a moment.
"One direction lives there Mimi."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short i know but i want you guys to understand Mia and ella's position before moving to London. comments would be nice :)