Status: On going (also on Wattpad)

The Prophecy Child

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The princess just sat on the sand watching a group of teenagers who were laughing and playing in the water. She watched them as they splashed water on each other and they looked so happy, the princess couldn‘t help but be jealous of them. They don’t have to deal with what she does, unliked by her own family, no one understanding them, everyone doubting them, and no one truly caring for them in the least.The princess switched her attention away from the unfairly happy people to what appeared to be an angryteenage girl chasing a boy.

“Drew get back here!” The blonde yelled running after the guy.

“No way Becky!” The guy yelled running in the sand almost running into the princess but she managed to avoid him before he did, if he would have ran into her he would have felt it and that would probably freak him out and he would find out about her kind.

“Give it back!” She yelled chasing him.

“No.” He said smirking.

“Give me back my phone I have to leave, I can’t find Vicky she was supposed to stay on the beach and she left.” Becky said running a hand through her wet hair angrily as she came to a stop.

“Just stay here, find her later, c’mon don’t be such a part pooper gosh.” Drew said stopping a couple feet away from Becky annoyed with his friend’s actions.

“No I need to leave give me my phone.” Becky said putting a hand on his hip.

“She’ll find her way home, she’s smart. Besides you‘ve always wanted to be an only child anyways. ”

Drew said rolling his eyes, he didn‘t quite understand why Rebecca even cared, she never does so why now?

“Drew, give me my phone my parents will kill me if they find out I lost my little sister, they told me to stay with her.” The blonde said feeling extremely mad at Victoria, she knew she wasn’t supposed to leave.

But what does she do? Leave! The nerve of that girl, she even knows what she’s doing, the blonde believed Victoria left just to her in trouble.

“Calm down Rebecca, we will find her, Drew baby give me the phone.” A red head said kissing the dark haired boy on the cheek, he smiled and handed the girl the phone. Annabeth watched in amazement, it looked as if the boy was under some type of spell, like love. Something the princess wondered if she would ever feel.

The red head smirked at the boy who still seemed to be frozen in place as she gave Rebecca back her phone, “I still don’t like you just so you know.”

Annabeth sighed and focused her attention on a group of children shadows who were on the ground playing patty cake. If the two kids weren’t floating they could have actually passed as innocenthumans, they had huge smiles on their faces and they looked like normal twins. Though Annabeth knew that was just a disguise, they are dangerous beasts ready to kill as soon as they set their sights on someone. The princess began walking away from the beach down the streets not quite sure what she was looking for. She passed by shops, and restaurants all full with happy people, mostly teenagers since it was summer after all.

“Annabeth.” The princess’ sister said within the dark haired girl’s head.

“What do you want Claudia?"

Annabeth asked slightly annoyed, she hates the simple thought of her perfect little sister.

“Calm sister, I just wanted to check up on you.”

Claudia said, her calm tone of voice surprising Annabeth, she thought Claudia would be mad at her for sounding annoyed.

“Dad set you up to this didn’t he? First Mabel now you, should I expect Kathryn or Georgia next?”

Annabeth said angrily.

“No, don’t blame father, I did this by choice. Sister, I admire you for doing this believe it or not, I wish Ihad the courage to do that, good luck.”

Claudia said making Annabeth stop in her tracks.

“Thanks sis, I really didn’t expect that from you.”

She said smiling at the thought of her sister caring.

“No problem Annabeth, if you ever need help come to me. Be careful, I have heard of your meet with Talon and he is dangerous, please just be careful.”

Claudia begged.

Annabeth tried to hold back her annoyance, “I can take care of this by myself, I’m good I don’t need help, this is MY mission so let ME lead it.”

“I trust you sister, I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

Claudia tried to explain.

“I don’t need my little sister to babysit me, I won’t get hurt, alright just go back to not caring I don’t need you or anyone.”

Annabeth said cutting off mind link before Claudia could protest.

“HELP!” Someone yelled, Annabeth didn’t know why but she ran towards the voice, running, then eventually flying as fast as she could. She stopped in her tracks when she saw the little girl from earlier leaning against a wall covered in blood and a man beating her. The princess flew forward and shoved the shadow away from the child so hard he went flying into the alley wall opposite of the little girl with a sickening smacking sound. The shadow flew forward as if breaking his spine was nothing and he attacked the princess but he was thrown against the wall again with another scary cracking sound. This time he gave up and flew away before the princess could hurt him even more. Annabeth picked up the little girl and cleaned off her wounds unsure what to do, she couldn’t bring her to the hospital because if a little girl just floated in that would look weird, but she had a feeling she couldn’t bring the girl back to the hotel.

“I-I’m fine.” The little girl managed.

“No you aren’t.” Annabeth said shaking her head.

“No really I am.” The little girl insisted.

“You were just beat nearly to death, I don’t have a reason to believe you.” Annabeth said holding the girl carefully as if she was a ticking time bomb.

The girl sighed, “I’m fine, it’s no big deal, thanks for helping me though can you put me down?”

“No problem sweetie, but it is a big deal you are not okay, you won’t be able to walk I’m not putting you down.” Annabeth said shaking her head.

“Just let me sit down then.” The little girl said.

“Fine.” Annabeth said giving up, she gently set the girl on the cold concrete.

“Now what happened?” The princess asked.

The little girl shrugged calmly as if getting beat up was nothing, “I was on the beach in the sand when that guy grabbed me and pulled me over here, he just kept hitting me and I don’t know why.”

“Where do you live? I can take you home.” Annabeth said.

“Please no, I don’t want to go back right now.” The girl said looking frightened, the first time she had showed any emotion around the princess.

“Okay honey, I won’t.” Annabeth said instantly calming the girl down.

“Do you want to just stay out here with me for a little bit?” The princess asked.

“Yes please.” The little girl said.

‘Okay, what’s your name?” The princess asked.

“Victoria.”