Don't Fear the Reaper

One and Done

All our times have come
Here but now they're gone
Seasons don't fear the reaper

Gerard lay by Frank, impatient.
"Wake up, baby please." he groaned
Frank's eyes slowly opened, his fragile chest heaved as he breathed.
"Oh thank god." Gerard breathed in the sight of seeing Frank looking back at him. "I love you Frank."
"Love you too Gee-gee" his lover smiled deftly, knowing it was all he cold do to make Gerard smile again.

Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
Come on baby...don't fear the reaper

"Frankie?" Gerard asked, shaking the aforementioned man's hand/
"Yes Gerard?"
"Are you scared of dying?"
"Only because i will miss you. Days will feel like eternities, i know that much."
Gerard nuzzled his neck, not wanting to think of that time that was soon to come.

Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

"If you die, dearest ill surely die as well." he informed.
Frank shook his head to the best of his ability.
"Don't you dare Gerard."
Confused, the older man looked to meet his eyes.
"Why not?"
"Because life is not worth giving up. I have lived mine and how unfair would it be to ruin yours for one spirit?"

Valentine is done
Here but now they're gone
Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet

The heart monitor beeps in spastic attacks, sending the older man into a panic.
"Frankie? FRANK? Stop! Whats going on?" he grips a nurse's scrubs desperately watching the man he loves writhe in pain.
The attacks have never struck so hard. Gerard's worried face peers through the window of the Emergency Operating room.
"Darling sit down, that won't help a thing." his mother coos from her seat in the cold, sterile waiting room.

40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet
40,000 men and women everyday...Redefine happiness
Another 40,000 coming everyday...We can be like they are
Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

Once again by Frank's side. No one will interfere. Everyone knows he doesn't have the time to leave Frank's side.
Not to eat, not to sleep. Nothing.
"Frankie baby do you love me?"
Frank's finger taps twice on his hand for 'yes' before his voice croaks out "Of course"
"Shh don't speak love, i know you want to but i also know it hurts." Gerard desperately pleads to his lover, knowing that he lies of the pain he is in.
"I-I'm fine." he rasps. All he can do is shake his head in response.

Love of two is one
Here but now they're gone
Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn't go on
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared

The night drug on, nurses and doctors coming in and out, in and out of the room. All Gerard wanted was to spend this time he held onto so futile with Frank all to himself. His love of now ten years was gone so unexpectedly. So soon. Before Gerard knew, a flat-line occupied the once spiked screen.
"no... no.. . NO!" he screamed at the machine before looking back to Frank in his arms. The body that had once sat half in support of its self was limp now. The body heat ebbing away. He rocked back and forth, over and over again.
"Frankie i love you... i love you.. love you." he cried to only himself.
.
.
Three years he paced his own mind. Until finally the last string holding his sanity broke and he lost it all. His mind, of course. He was only known as 'the crow man'. He wandered the town, watching days go by. Only he knew what he was doing. He was walking to every place they had ever been. Staring at the scenes, remembering the memories accumulated there. He would sometimes stare for hours, muttering "i love you Frank, i miss you Frank, i need you now frank..." the mantra repeating like a curse. Then one final day the Owl of death let out its screech and took him away.

The curtains flew then he appeared...saying don't be afraid
Come on baby...and she had no fear
And she ran to him...then they started to fly
They looked backward and said goodbye...she had become like they are
She had taken his hand...she had become like they are
Come on baby...don't fear the reaper

He didn't fear a thing. Frank waited at the cannibal glow ahead. Waited just for him. He was no longer stuck as a broken record repeating the words. His heart warmed as everything came back. Mostly his sanity... Frankie was his only thread to a very existence. A man really can die of a broken heart. If only it was always in the means to mend it, as it was for Gerard.