Status: I've hit a bump in a chapter that I've been stuck on and I've been grounded off the computer for the last month or so...however long it took for me to finally find a job. I promise I'll update as soon as possible

An Unlikely Hero

Hopelessly hopeful

After being taken from San Francisco, Galadriel was forced into a new lifestyle that she had thought about, but never actually wanted to actually be a part of. This was supposed to be a last resort job: if none of the other jobs she wanted to work while she was going to school to get her bachelor’s degree in business management and help pay for school were going to hire her, she was going to try being a stripper before reaching this level of desperation.

She didn’t want to be a prostitute, and would even talk herself out of even keeping that as a job option by reasoning with herself saying, Oh, no I could never sleep with someone if they weren’t attractive, or I’m such shit at faking orgasms, they probably wouldn’t pay me; or, she would freak herself out by remembering the crime shows she’d watch where they’d have episodes that prostitutes became targets for murderers. However, now she doesn’t have a choice. She can’t talk herself out of being a prostitute because it wasn’t her choice...she didn’t have any choices anymore. She had lost all of her human rights the night the two men had stolen her away from her life and made her just a piece of property...a non-cash asset and investment for her owner.

Galadriel has been doing this for two months now, though she wouldn't have known since the days seemed to just mesh together, especially since she was facing a true vampire schedule most of the time: awake from five in the afternoon to six in the morning depending on where she is and who she’s with. This lifestyle had taken a toll on her and she wanted to so desperately escape. She had tried to seek help in the men that would pay her by the end of the night—in hopes that behind her scantily clad clothes and caked on makeup who is being forced to work the night, they would still see that she is a human being, and has family and friends who miss her—but it always failed and they dismissed it. Even those who have openly told her that they have a family and kids dismissed her pleas for help, so she found out she will have to save herself since she knew that none of the girls could help her as much as they wanted to, especially one that she has grown the closest to out of the seven girls she shares a motel room with named Trinity.

To Galadriel, Trinity is the mother of the group since she is the oldest—being twenty-seven years old—and the wisest. Though Trinity was cold towards Galadriel at first, she grew to warm up to the younger girl once she confided that she was kidnapped and forced into this business. Trinity didn’t have any sympathy towards a girl who chose their lifestyle and complained about it, but she did have sympathy for one who was forced into it. She watched out for Galadriel and has been helping her decide when it’s best to escape without punishment. A lot of them had been beaten and had their lives threaten for withholding money, but they didn’t know what their boss would do if one of them tried to escape because no one wanted to escape before Galadriel came along. Their fear was really the only thing that stopped them from helping her, but Galadriel was okay with that because she knew that today was the day she was going to escape; and, who she saw the night before was her beacon for hope.

At first she couldn’t believe who she saw last night, but she couldn’t mistake the familiar tattoos she had seen many times before and the trademark sense of style that she has only seen one musician wear. Galadriel had seen Danny Worsnop of Asking Alexandria, a band she would listen to—along with many others—on a daily basis before she was taken. Nightly, she would have “Someone, Somewhere” play in her head, remembering the song perfectly since it was one of her favorites. It was really the only thing that has been getting her through the night; and, when Trinity had informed her that she was with him, Galadriel couldn’t believe it. The girls didn’t really understand why she was so excited despite all of the unpleasantries about him that Trinity had told them about. In fact they still don’t understand, but they decide not to question it since the news made her the happiest they’ve ever seen her.

Now Galadriel is sitting in the van anxiously biting at her acrylic nails as they drive back to the street. She is worried that Danny won’t return again, or if he is that he wouldn’t pick her no matter how much she tried to impress him. Since she got into the van, Galadriel imagined what she’d do or say to him if she was given the chance, but they mostly focused around her saying that she’s a huge fan of his and stroking his ego in order to be picked by him. She didn’t want to think that Danny wouldn’t return again, especially since Trinity had said that he told her he might come back to see if they’re as any good as her.

“Don’t get your hopes up, Gee.” Trinity whispers in the young girl’s ear. “He may not even be there tonight.”

“You don’t know that, Trin. He might come back.” Galadriel was extremely hopeful, but it didn’t last long and she began to think, “If he doesn’t come back what do I do? I can’t take another night of doing this.”

The van comes to a stop, starting the clock and the waiting game. Their pimp, C.J., got out of the passenger seat and opened the van door to let his girls out. Galadriel was always the last one out, but it was done on purpose. Every time she was about to get out, C.J. would grab her arm and whisper the same threat in her ear that it almost became an annoying chorus to her, “Try to run away and you’ll be sorry.” After hearing that threat night after night, actually trying to run away sounded more appealing than dangerous.

“Maybe I’ll run away if Danny doesn’t come.” Galadriel thinks to herself as she walks over to Trinity and the other girl that’s in their group, Sara.

“Even though I’m on my own, I know I’m not alone. ‘Cause I know there’s someone, somewhere praying that I make it home,” Galadriel quietly sings to herself as she stands next to Trinity and leans against the wall.

They watch as cars pass by, waiting for someone to stop. Sara and Trinity flirts with some of the drivers, winking at them and blowing kisses as they pass by while Galadriel just continues to sing “Someone, Somewhere” quietly hoping that it was like a calling card to Danny to come back and pick up another girl, if not her. She was only allowed to sing the song seven more times before someone stopped in front of the three girls and rolled down the window. Trinity and Sara walk towards the black sports car first, but the guy told them that he didn’t want them. They scoffed and quickly backed from the car allowing him to be in Galadriel’s sights.

She frowns seeing that this guy is far from the guy she wants to see tonight. He didn’t have the messy ginger hair with the matching colored beard that she wanted to see. He didn’t have the tattoos on his arms and hands that she wanted to see. He was just not who she wanted to see or the voice she wanted to hear, though he was the right age.

“I’ll pay you fifty bucks to suck my dick.” He tells her while shamelessly checking her out. She rolls her eyes as she reluctantly pushes herself off of the wall and walks to the car. As she walks the short distance though, she watches the roads in case she sees Danny just driving or walking by like he did yesterday; but, much to her disappointment, he was nowhere to be seen by the time she had opened the car and got in.

Closing the door, the man put a hand on her leg and began to move up her thigh as he drove off. Galadriel just looked out the window, trying to hide the fact that tears have decided to surface and blur her vision.

She just wanted all of this to stop. She didn’t care if Danny would be the one to do it or not, she just wanted to escape this life and leave it for good; but, he was the only one she could reach out to for help, and missing any chance of seeing him kills her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm sorry that this chapter is pretty crappy. I was kind of out of it while writing it, so sorry. I'm actually trying to get as many chapters out as I can because I'm going to be super busy this week since my semester is almost over and I will be in San Francisco for Spring Fever this weekend.

Thanks for reading and subscribing!

XO-Jezzy