When Dongsaengs Attack

one.

Jinki believes in fate and destiny and in having faith in things that were meant to be. He believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth fairy; in Big Foot and the Lochness Monster; in ghosts and monsters underneath his bed. But the things he believes in don’t necessarily have to be true; they’re simply things that make him who he is and give him reason to smile and move on each day. One thing he doesn’t believe in, however, is Kim Jonghyun’s existence as a human being.

“I’m telling you, Min, he’s not of this world,” Jinki gestures with his hands as he goes into a playback of a story he’s told the sophomore thousands of times before. “-ust have left him here when they-“

“When they decided they couldn’t handle his perfection anymore. Yes, hyung, we’re well aware of how ‘out-of-this-world’ you think Jonghyun hyung is.” Taemin sniggers at Minho’s retort, leaving Jinki to pout and feel offended all on his own.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Well, your crush on him is kind of obvious. Even I could tell from the get-go,” Taemin supplies, grinning cheekily around a straw speared into his yogurt milk.

“And don’t deny it. Ever since he’s gotten that new haircut of his, you won’t stop talking about how it makes him look younger.”

“You’re bullies. Bullies - both of you. I do not have a crush on him, I’m simply stating facts.” The eldest digs into his lunch and proceeds to stuff his mouth with his favorite meal, although the savory beef and warm rice does nothing to quell the bubbling in his stomach and the pout on his face.

“And you’re simply in denial.”

Jinki rolls his eyes and slumps over his meal some more, grumbling a ‘great, another one’ to his kimchi.

“Hey, don’t take out your sexual frustration on us just because you don’t think Jonghyun would give you a piece of his time,” Kibum quips smartly, grabbing a couple of chips from Minho’s plate. “Why are you even eating chips for lunch?”

Minho simply shrugs and sticks his nose back in the fresh pages of his new book - never one to be spotted reading the same book twice in a month.

Jinki makes a face at Kibum, who in turn makes a disgusted face at him as well, pointing at the bit of beef hanging from his lips. “You know, if you want him to notice you, you could at least look a bit more presentable. Unless, of course, your tactic is making him want to eat that piece of beef right from your lips, although I don’t think he’s that freaky in bed.”

Taemin laughs but joins in the disgusted face-making and pops a chip into his mouth - also stolen from Minho’s plate.

“I do not even want to know how freaky he is in bed, and I don’t have any tactics, and I don’t want him to notice me! Why does everyone keep thinking that?” Jinki exclaims complete with some arm flailing to emphasize his point. Although, perhaps he would have noticed, had he not been too preoccupied with his point-emphasizing, that not only did he not get his point across, he got his food spraying across the table and, much to everyone’s disgust, on their faces as well.

“Why does everyone keep thinking what?” an amused voice queries from behind Jinki and it only takes him all of half a millisecond to turn from his dongsaengs’ murderous glares to the wide eyed stare of one Kim Jonghyun.

And it also takes him all of two seconds to flail from his seat and fall back with the most uncivilized and inhumane sound he’s ever made when Jonghyun so politely flashed him a warm smile, complete with a tilt of his head; the very same one that Jinki has been desperately and secretly trying to recreate in his mind ever since the younger had generously shared it with him the very first day of the school year.

“Is he okay?” Jonghyun casts a wary glance at the squirming senior on the floor who might have been trying to get up and the former would have made the suggestion for him to untangle his legs from the seat first were it not for Kibum’s reassuring ‘just leave him there, he’s used to it’.