Status: Updating as much as I can!

I Need You.

Friends.

Jasabelle’s POV

The next morning, I woke up completely confused and tired. I had stayed up half the night going over what had happened the afternoon before and pondering what it meant. I laid in bed for a little bit, still racking my brain for answers. When I came up with nothing, I pulled back the covers and swung my legs over the bed and started to get ready. I felt my way over to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth when I found the toothbrush and toothpaste.

A short while later, my mom came and grabbed my hand to help me into the shower. After my shower I was lead into my room where I was helped into my clothes. It felt like a tank top and a pair of shorts. My mom brushed my hair and left it down so it could dry naturally. I was able to put on deodorant and perfume myself but mom had to put makeup on me.

After going down the stairs and getting something to eat, we stood by the door so someone could put on my shoes. They felt like a pair of my Tom’s. I was handed my sunglasses and as we walked out the door, I slipped them onto my face. After I was helped into the car and it was started, we got on the road and headed to the hospital. I thought of nothing but Matt and how today would go as we drove there.

As I felt the car come to a stop, I started to get extremely nervous. My tummy flipped and it flopped and my heart started to beat twenty times faster. As I was helped out of the car, I wanted to rip away from their grip and run away. But I knew I couldn’t; running away would solve nothing. So I took a deep breath and just took one step after the other.

“Jasabelle, good morning” Janelle said to me as soon as I stepped in the room. “Morning” I mumbled, feeling extremely shy. I could feel him in the room; he was close. “Jazzy” I heard Matt say. I could feel him standing behind me; it was his breathing and cologne that gave him away.

I slowly turned around to face him. Or at least what I thought was facing him. His hands were put on my shoulder and he turned me to face him. “Hey” he greeted, releasing his grip on me. “Hi” I breathed, feeling my face turning completely pink.

“How was your night?” I shrugged, fighting back a yawn. “Fine. Yours?” “Same. I didn’t really do anything” I nodded. “So you and your wife just sat around?” “Pretty much.” “Mmm” there was an awkward silence after that. I shoved my hands in my pockets and just stood there, swaying back and forth. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

“So about last night” he started, but seemed not to be able to finish his sentence. “Yeah?” I tried urging him to go on. “Um…well, I don’t know. I wanna say I’m sorry, but I don’t know if I should” I really wished I could see what he was doing instead of just staring into blackness. “You don’t have to sorry” I stated. “I was just really confused by it. But if you want to pretend like it never happened I’m fine with that.” “Really?” I couldn’t tell if it was relief or sadness in his voice.

“Really” I nodded my head, confirming what I said. “Okay” there was one question I had, but I didn’t know if it’d be okay to ask it. “Can we be just friends?” Matt actually had the guts to ask the question I wanted to. I couldn’t help but let a smile pass my lips. “Yes. We can be just friends.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Gahhh! I know it took me forever to update this, but my computer was on the fritz. But here it is! :) I hope my readers are still interested in this...but I do have a couple chapters typed up so I'm getting ready to post them. :) Please comment and let me know what you think!