Status: One Shot split into chapters :)

Wild and Free

Stars In Their Eyes

California- home to the cities that never sleep but definitely dream. She was going to go there one day, she was positive of it. She'd live in a studio apartment with creeky floors and character. She's have a fat tabby cat to great her when she came home from work everyday. She's work for the music store downstairs and she'd fall for the boy who came in looking for a Nirvana album. She had it all figured out. Tay Jardine was getting out of this small town and she had California stars in her eyes.
Her father thought otherwise. California was a waste of time and definitely of money. His daughter hadn't even finished high school yet and she was willing to throw it all away on one night's city dream. She needed her education first. But as stubborn as he was that she wasn't going, she was just as hardheaded that she was. Except she wasn't; he wasn't letting her. Especially not with that boy.
Jack Barakat; the kid with his guitar always slung over his shoulder and who played in local cafes and bars. He was also never seen without his other half a.k.a his best friend, Tay. Best friends with denied feelings, they would conquer the world together someday and they'd start with California. To the boy, it was a pipe dream. He had been told by numerous people - parents, teachers, siblings- he was never going to make it. 'No one from Baltimore could make it in the real world and forget the city.' The only one who ever believed in him was the same girl who believed in white rabbits in suit coats and pipe smoking caterpillars.
"Shush!" Tay swatted behind her at her best friend's head as they creeped down the stairs to her basement bedroom. Jack covered his mouth in attempt to muffle his laughter. They were home past curfew again -WAY past- and Ray Jardine already had issues with Jack, waking him up would just add to his record. They managed to make it to the purple bedroom without waking anybody and Tay carefully shut the door as quietly as possible. As she turned around, Jack nearly pounced on her in a tackle onto the bed. Tay yelped out and for once was glad she had the downstairs bedroom. Jack grinned and rolled off of her, only to fall straight off the bed. He landed with a grunted 'oof' as he rubbed his head.
Taylor laughed and peeked her head over the edge. "Ha ha." She chimed and stuck her tongue out.
Jack made a childish, pouting face before shifting to stand up. Something caught his eye as he stood up. He reached forward, beneath the bed, to tug out a suitcase. Heavy was it, considering it was stuffed with clothes.
"What's this?" Jack asked, tossing itg on the bed as he sat down.
"A suitcase." Tay answered and moved to pull out pajamas from her dresser.
"Why is it packed, T?" The boy's voice rose as Tay walked into the bathroom to change.
"Cause I'm going far!" She poked her head out with a grin. Jack chuckled and shook his head and pushed the suitcase off the bed.
"Let's leave tonight." She said as she came back into the bedroom.
"Tonight?" The skunk haired boy arched a brow. "That's crazy."
"Exactly." She grinned.
Jack shook his head. "Why tonight?"
"Why not?" She shrugged and sat beside him, crossing her legs beneath her. "Come on, Jack. Live a little." She nudged him with a grin.
A sigh passed through his lips. "Because I don't have a bag packed."
A mischievous smirk played on her lips and she bounced her closet, wipped put a knapsack and threw it at him. The boy unzipped the bag to reveal his own clothes. He arched a brow at his best friend.
"You're not very observant. I've been taking something each time I left your house."
He dug through, pulling out a black tshirt with red letters. "I have been looking for my boner tee everywhere you butt!"
Tay snickered and shrugged. The boy rolled his eyes and zipped the bag back up.
"I don't know Tay. We can't just leave.."
"But why not!" She pouted and bounced on the bed to face him. "Look, we've got money from my shifts at the cafe and your gigs, we've got clothes and you've got your truck." She said, her eyes getting wider as she spoke.
"It's three o'clock in the morning." He stated.
She opened her mouth to retort, but her eyebrows knitted together and she turned to the alarm clock for confirmation. "Then we'll get there for midday, c'mon Jacky!" She took his hand and shook it, fronting a pout that she knew he could never resist.
With a heavy sigh, the night coloured haired boy shook his head. "I cannot believe I'm being suckered into this."
♠ ♠ ♠
Written on my phone so apologize for any errors! Comment what you think?? I love comments, ok <3