Status: One Shot split into chapters :)

Wild and Free

It Fit The Story

"There is nothing better than Mickey D's at 4 am." Tay mumbled as she nibbled on a salty french fry.
Jack chuckled and shook his head, sipping on his brown pop. The two had been driving and made it decently far from their town. They stopped at a McDonalds after about an hour because Tay's stomach's growls were louder then the blasted stereo.
It didn't take them long to get back on the road and it was until about 5 am that Taylor's phone began to vibrate, her home phone number illuminating the screen.
Sucking in a breath, she looked from her phone to Jack who met her eyes for a brief moment before looking back at the road.
"Do I answer it?" She asked.
Jack shrugged. "Depends. Do you want them coming after us?"
Tay nibbled on her lip for a moment before shaking her head and pressing the red button, ignoring the call then tossing it in the back seat.
"No, I don't. This is our trip." She shifted to sit cross-legged. "This is our life." She corrected and began digging around for her IPod to plug it into the radio.
*****************************************************
With a growl, the man hung the phone up again. Another missed call to his daughter's cellphone and that made it seven. He knew that boy was a bad influence; he could hear them shuffling and causing a racket at an ungodly hour that morning. He paced around the kitchen and ran a hand through his hair before looking down at the phone. If she didn't answer the seven times before, there was no reasons he'd answer another time. He huffed and walked down to the teenager's bedroom and began shuffling through papers and books until he found the number he was looking for scribbled on her notebook. Dialing the phone number, he waited, taping his foot. Three rings later and he heard the boy's voice.
"Hey, it's Jack. Couldn't make it to the phone, sorry. Leave a message and I'll try to get back to ya. K, bye." Followed by a stretched out beep. He threw the phone across the room, letting a few curses escape his lips. Scowling, he trudged upstairs to tell his wife the story of how their daughter ran away with some delinquint.
*****************************************************
Hours, multiple pit stops and 13 missed calls later, the two teenagers arrived in California. They pulled over on the side of the road, stopping in Malibu. With wide eyes, they looked at their new home. It didn't take long for them for find a hotel and checked into a room. Jack whipped open the curtains, revealing a magnificent view of a brick wall.
"Hm." His eyebrows knitted together as his shoulders slumped.
Tay chuckled as she came up behind him. "Did you expect the beach view for 50 dollars a night?"
Jack shrugged and fell onto the bed behind him. Tay stepped onto the bed and jumped around, laughing. Jack groaned and pillow over his face. "I wanna sleep! I haven't slept in like 14 hours!" He complained.
Tay chuckled and jumped beside him, landing on her butt. Jack peeked out from behind the pillow when allthe motion stopped and arched a brow.
"What are you looking at?"
Tay took a deep breath and leaned over and kissed him. As if it were something they did everyday, it came natural and Jack didn't pull away. When the girl finally did, Jack gave her an odd look.
"What was that for?"
Tay hunched a shoulder in half a shrug. "It fit the story." She smiled crookedly. Jack chuckled softly and leaned up to kiss her once more and nodded.
"It kinda does, doesn't it?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know how i feel about this. but I don't know how to re-write it any better. Comment c: