Status: Finished! The sequal will come as soon as possible :)

I'm Slowly Drowning

Welcome home tonight

I got a great spot, over to the left side, right in front of the stage. People were crushing me against the scene in their attempts to get closer to it themselves, but honestly I didn’t care, I wouldn’t care if I ended up with broken rips or worse, nothing could ruin this night. I noticed people around me starting to yell even louder than before and it felt like the excitement in the group were constantly rising, I checked the time, two minutes till they would come out, brighten my world for a night.

I’d been a fan of them from the start basically, I’d loved every member and followed their music, they helped me trough every day, and I was finally going to see them live, I was even going to meet them afterwards, this couldn’t go the wrong way. People raised their voices even more, yelling for Black Veil Brides to show up. Suddenly their yelling ended and people started to scream like stupid schoolgirls when CC, Ashley, Jake and Jinxx emerged and found their positions, CC at the drums, Ashley at the bass and Jake and Jinxx at guitars.

I felt my heart raise speed when Andy’s grandpa’s voice sounded, “This record is for the outcast, following our stories of love, life and never giving in, we are the Black Veil Brides!” followed by Andy screaming as he came running out on the stage, he found his position and took the time to smile at the crowd before he started singing.

You kissed the lips of evil,
Two months is all the same.
I begged for the mans approval,
Pray to die in vain.

Sit down with thoughts alone now,
With blood these lyrics came.
Your words, they eat right through me,
Dead could hear my shame.

The tears we've cried, this love has died,
You're by yourself with me tonight.
It's what we hide with every lie,
And stitch these wounds with me tonight.

I think of it each time I touch you,
Or every time I hear his name.
These walls will never crumble,
Here's our cause to blame.

Sit down with thoughts alone now,
With blood these lyrics came.
Your words, they eat right through me,
Dead could hear my shame.

The tears we've cried, this love has died,
You're by yourself with me tonight.
It's what we hide with every lie,
And stitch these wounds with me tonight.

Liar, liar, liar, oh

The tears we've cried, this love has died,
You're by yourself with me tonight.
It's what we hide with every lie,
And stitch these wounds with me tonight.

The tears we've cried, this love has died,
You're by yourself with me tonight.
It's what we hide with every lie,
And stitch these wounds with me tonight.

Liar!
Liar!
Liar say goodbye!

He ended the song, with one arm in the air. He smiled at the audience before he introduced ‘beautiful remains’ and continued with it, followed by ‘Children Surrender’, ‘Perfect Weapon’, ‘Knives and Pens’, ‘The Mortician's Daughter’, ‘All Your Hate’, ‘Heaven's Calling’, ‘Never Give In’ and ‘Sweet Blasphemy’. Every song touched me in its own way, and I had to hold back the tears of happiness, this evening was incredible so far. After the last tones of ‘Sweet Blasphemy’ died out, Andy smiled at the crowd again, walking back to the middle of the stage. “So I have an announcement!” He said, making the audience mumble and wonder what was going on, “you’ve all heard about our contest right?” he asked, people responded by yelling ‘Yes!’ or ‘You bet!’ and stuff like that. Andy smiled again “Well, out second winner is between you guys!” he said enthusiastic, making some people scream of excitement and jump around. “Our second winner is...” Andy said, playing the time, only making people more excited and nervous “Alexandra Sophie Collin! Come up here!”

My first thought were that she was a incredible lucky girl, until I realised, it was me, Andy had just spoken my name and asked me to come up on the stage, next to him, next to the entire band. No way, it had to be a mistake right? I had to move, to go up there so they could finish the concert, but for some reason I couldn’t move my legs. Mentally I tried to calm myself down and count to ten before I took a deep breath and stepped forward, Andy smiled at me and ran over to me, he held his hand out and I grabbed it thankful for his help to get up on the stage. As our hands touched, I felt something, something different, something new, but I ignored it, I was way too nervous to think about that now.

“So, you’re Alexandra?” Andy asked me, I nodded and smiled nervous back, I couldn’t believe this, it had to be a dream. “Call me Alex” I said with a surprisingly confident voice “wow, I can’t believe this, I’m really happy!” I continued and my smile grew, I really was happy, this was my dream, a dream finally coming true. “That’s great!” Andy said “you know the lyrics for ‘Carolyn’?” he asked me, I nodded, hiding the fact that I’d named my dog that.... “Great! Then would you like to sing it with me?” my eyes widened, I didn’t know how to answer that, but apparently I did, for before I knew it I’d agreed to sing with him, Andy looked at the others and they started playing.

“Those times in life we learn to try, with one intention” Andy started, smiling at me “Of learning how and when we’ll die, but we can’t listen.” He sent me another huge smile, without thinking, I sang along with the next sentence “I wish to god I’d known that I, I didn’t stand a chance” Gaining more confidence I continued to sing with him “Of looking back and knowing why, or pain of circumstance”. Andy smiled and grabbed my hand; we took a few steps forward and continued the song.

”You're not alone
We'll brave this storm

So here's my song I wrote in time, when it was needed
Through pain of heart or loss of mind, your burdens lifted
You aren't alone just know that I, cant save our hearts tonight

You're not alone
We'll brave this storm
And face today
You're not alone

You're not alone
We'll brave this storm
And face today
You're not alone”

I couldn’t stop smiling when the crowd started to cheer and yell ‘Black Veil Brides’ over and over again, some was crying and other screaming. Andy let go of my hand and smiled at the crowd “You’ve been awesome today Denmark! We were Black Veil Brides!” He yelled as he dragged me with him backstage, followed by the rest of the band.

As we came backstage, I suddenly realised what had actually just happened, I was a winner, I was supposed to travel with Black Veil Brides on a tour, I’d just been singing Carolyn on stage with Andy, wow. “That was awesome!” A voice suddenly sounded from behind me, I twitched in chock and turned around, to face a boy, he was a bit younger than me, probably around 16? Oh, he must be the first winner. “Sure was!” Andy agreed and smiled at us when everybody was gathered, I was really nervous.

“So you’re the second winner?” Ashley asked and smiled at me, I nodded at him, probably blushing. Ashley laughed “Nice to meet ya’, I’m Ashley, but I guess you knew?” he said and held out his hand for me to shake it. “No, haven’t heard ‘bout you before” I answered him teasingly and grabbed his hand, the others laughed at my joke and presented themselves to me, first CC, then Jinxx, Jake, Andy and last the first winner, Max. “And you’re Alex” Andy said before I got the chance myself, “Yeah, I’m Alex” I said and smiled, I was still feeling overwhelmed, confused and nervous, but I realised that the band were just as much a human as I were so I wasn’t in need of acting like some sort of alien.

Quickly we were guided towards where the band should meet up with those lucky fans that’d gotten VIP tickets, like me. Apparently, Max and I had a lot in common, so we having fun talking while the band met up with fans, a few hours ago, I’d been really nervous about that meet up, but now, now I was going to be with them for two months, I couldn’t believe it, this day had been my best so far, maybe the sun was finally starting to rise?