Status: On Hold

Human and a Mutant

Chapter One

Chapter One - MI6 Meet CIA
The plane ride was terrible for Moira. The shaky landing, the way Raven didn't seem to notice anything wrong. Not to mention the horrible food. She had to go to the bathroom because the cold served Turkey wouldn't stay down. The five hour ride was not her cup of tea. Unlike Raven, Moira did not enjoy plane rides. Always having trouble with the turbulence was never a fun time for her. Raven on the hand loved it. She enjoyed the thrill of the plane rocking back and forth, maybe even falling a couple of feet. Unlike Moira when it hit it didn't do anything to her.
When the plane finally got through the rainy London weather. Of course they landed on a rocky trip. It was sunny and bright at JFK when they took off. Now Raven and Moira had to face London’s stormy afternoons. This one was particular bad, but not the worst that London has seen. Just the worst turbulence that Moira had ever been through.

Felix Cooper was pacing. Charles was watching his partner pace back and forth at the gate.
“What’s taking so long?” His voice breaking at one point. Charles rolled his eyes at his partner. Felix was young and really inexperienced, but when it came to intelligence he almost matched Charles.
“They still have to go through customs, besides the plane probably was delayed because of the lovely weather outside. So for the last time. Sit and calm your mind or I will do it for you.” Charles threatened. Felix looked at him with a glare.
“You wouldn't. You promised to stay out of my mind unless there was an emergency!” He said softly so others around wouldn't hear him.
“Yes, but you try my patience.” He said relaxing in his own seat. With a sigh Felix sat down next to his mutant partner, Charles Xavier was a telepath and because of this also had a heightened sense of ability when it came to people’s emotions and intelligence. He had a higher IQ than Felix himself even though his own was very high. Felix took this moment to ’calm his mind’. Charles tells him to do it all the time, so he took a deep breath in.
“I’m just nervous. I've never worked with women before on undercover missions.” He explained to Charles. In return his mutant partner let out a sigh and patted him on the shoulder.
“Neither have I. This should be interesting.” Charles said. Felix was nodding his head when he caught sight of a blonde with blue eyes looking around. The usual black suit with a white blouse and a matching pencil skirt, stuck out to him as CIA. She looked over at the eyes staring at her and smirked at him. Charles noticed the blonde and stood. First thought was, was that she was pretty. She looked to be about twenty one and at first glance the human. Charles put his two fingers to his head and went into her mind. There he found out that she and an Auburn haired girl would be the two CIA agents they were looking for. Backing out of her mind he gave his co-worker a nod and both went over to the blonde lady.
“Raven, very nice to meet you, I’m Agent Xavier.” Charles said sticking his hand out for her to shake. Her eyes narrowed at her name but still took his hand. Her eyes moved over towards his partner and stayed a little longer then they should have before taking his hand in hers.
“I’m Agent Cooper.” He said. The shakiness in his voice all gone.
“How do you know my name?” She said looking directly ready for a fight.
“It was in your file we received earlier from the CIA.” Charles said giving her a smile to go with the excuse. Nodding her head she turned from the two agents in front of her to look behind her to see Moira still struggling to find her bag.
“I’m Agent Darkholme. My partner is just waiting on her bag. Its taking longer than mine did.” Charles looked over at the girl with the MCL1 gene and smiled at Raven.
“I’ll go help her than.” He said before anyone could move. “Please Agent Darkholme, Agent Cooper will be enough company for you while you wait.” He said tapping his partners shoulder once more and walking over to the Auburn trying to find her bag. She was wearing the exact same outfit as her partner except that hers was navy blue. Reading her mind to figure out which bag was hers he quickly spotted the cargo before her and reached out and grabbed it. Noticing that someone else had grabbed her luggage, Moira went up to him.
“Excuse me, sir, that’s my bag.” She said reaching the handle. Looking up, she came to meet the crystal blue eyes of a man who was around her age.
“Yes, I believe it is. Mrs.-?”
“Not Mrs. Miss. Ms. MacTaggert. You are?” She asked. He still wasn't releasing the bag.
“I must say, your MCL1 gene mutation is quite beautiful.” Charles said having a little fun with her.
“Excuse me?” Moira had no idea what was going on until she turned to see Raven, trying to hold in her laughter. Turning back to him she stuck out her hand. “You must be one of the Agents I’m supposed to meet.” His face lost that huge grin and was replaced with a small one.
“Agent Xavier.” Charles said returning the gesture. Yet refused to let go of the bag he had in the other.
“Agent MacTaggert.” She responded taking his hand. Trying to get her bag from him, he pulled it away before she could grab it.
“Please, allow me. It’s the gentlemen thing to do.” Giving him one last look she gave a curt nod and walked over to Raven. Charles looked at her as she walked over following quickly when Felix gave him a look.
“Is that everything?” Agent Cooper said. Raven looked over at her partner from Agent Cooper.
“Yes! Agent Cooper this is Agent MacTaggert my partner.” Raven introduced them. Shaking hands, Charles started to usher everyone into the pickup area.
“We can talk more in the car.” He said moving towards a black SUV. Felix took the two bags to the back while Charles helped them both in. Raven got in first ignoring his hand but when Moira got in she took his offer making Charles smile. When Felix got in he slid so he was sitting next to Charles but facing Raven.
“What do you girls know about what’s happening in South Africa?” Felix said diving into it.
“Couples and families are being separated.” Raven said.
“Couples who have mutant’s partners or mutants who have human family.” Moira finished off Raven’s sentence.
“We theorized the same thing.” Felix said.
“So if there taking couples, than we should go undercover as couples.” Raven said. Everyone turned towards her.
“I agree.” Felix said. “It’s the most logical. Their hunting couples.”
“Mutants paired with non-mutants.” Charles put in. He knew who was paired with who.
“So which one of you is the mutant.” Raven blurted out. Moira just turned to her partner with, ‘I can’t believe you just said that’, look. “What everyone was thinking it.” She defended herself. Moira rolled her eyes at her partner.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts comments insults love it hate it well than comment on it!