Status: Updated maybe once a week.

Royally Screwed

Chapter Nine

There wasn't any time for breakfast, the guards coming in a couple of hours early to notify Kellin that it was time for him to begin packing and leaving. Kellin moved along groggily, never having to wake up this early not even to prepare the McDougalls' breakfast. He was sure that he walked back and forth between the closet and his bags only to find that hello, all of his stuff was already packed, he just needed to shower, brush his teeth and get on some fresh clothes.

He went into the bathroom, placed his items on the counter, quickly undressing since he wasn't exactly sure when they needed to be leaving to make it to Miridia back in time. He turned the knob, shower head spraying out spouts of hot water and the bathroom began to become encased in steam as Kellin quickly jumped in and scrubbed away hurriedly at his skin.

He was going to move in with a prince.

All of this didn't even feel real, it felt like a dream.

But Kellin just hoped this little dream didn't end short.

---------------

No one seemed to notice Vic or his guards or Kellin as they all walked into the airport, checking their bags and then heading down to the landing zone to get into the private plane just for the royalty. Kellin was sort of expecting paparazzi, newscasters, hoards of screaming girls to come and see a young and handsome prince but there was no one. Then again, it was very early in the morning, the sun barely peeking over the horizon and Kellin figured everyone would still be asleep. Did no one know Vic was coming? Kellin quickly stepped inside as he began to make his way through the cabin.

The plane was luxurious, Kellin now noticing a recurring motif of golden accents and finishings to the furniture. Vic already plopped himself down in one of the big chairs, pointing at a chair across from him for Kellin to sit in and the younger boy smiled, rushing over and sitting down in the comfy chair. Rian walked over, glancing at Kellin before looking over at Vic.

"Your Highness, would you like me to get you a blanket and pillow? Or some tea?"

"Yes. And please add a scoop of honey to the tea," Vic replied and Rian nodded, turning on his heel and beginning to walk down towards the back, "And bring the same for Kellin!"

Kellin could see the advisor was clearly annoyed but Rian just grumbled out, "Yes, Your Highness." and continued down and opened the door to the small kitchenette area of the plane. Kellin looked around in awe, leaning back into the soft cushion.

"Do you always travel like this?"

"No, sometimes I take my white horse and go on a stroll through my kingdom."

"Really?" Kellin asked, a look of wonder in his eyes.

"No not really," Vic said and Kellin pouted, "Oh come on, of course I don't do that. I have a scooter I drive around if I want to go out to the town without escorts."

"But. . .shouldn't you have escorts?"

"I sneak out sometimes," Vic admitted with a smirk and leaned forward, "I'll show you around town on my scooter if Parliament says you can stay."

"You're making me more nervous that they'll say I can't." Kellin pouted, making Vic chuckle.

"The only reason I can think about you not being able to stay is if they think you're going to get involved with the consort business. Which you won't, you're just going to be my. . .asesor secundaria."

". . .Is that Spanish?"

"Yeah, lots of people in Miridia speak Spanish. But don't worry, most people are fluent in English," Vic replied and Kellin just gave a small nod of the head, seeing Rian returning with two cups of steaming tea and blankets thrown over his arms, pillows tucked underneath. He settled the cups of tea on the small footrest between Kellin and Vic before Vic raised up and Rian tucked the pillow behind Vic's head. Rian then unfolded the blanket, a royal navy blue and placed it on Vic's lap. Then the advisor took Kellin's pillow and blanket, handing it to the teenager and walking away without another word. Kellin looked down at the items in his hand before back to Vic, the brunette just giving a roll of his eyes, "Ignore him. He's a prude."

"Vic, don't say that. He's just looking our for you--"

"He's self-centered, believe me. Doesn't like being my 'slave'. Only reason he does it is because it's a better job than cleaning out the pigsties."

"Pigsties?. . .There's a farm?"

". . .Well I guess you can call it that. It's not really a farm though. We have pigs, chickens and cows, just what Tino needs to cook meals. But there's a stable there too, for the horses."

Kellin smiled even brighter, "Horses?"

"Yeah, lots of them. I can teach you how to go horseback riding, if you want. You can go on my horse, Sheepcat. She's a bit shy at first but you'll love her."

Kellin laughed, "You named your horse Sheepcat?!"

"Yeah, what else would I name her?" Vic replied, giving a tiny shrug and taking a sip of his tea. Kellin did the same. It was so sweet, like he was drinking only honey and sugar yet it warmed his belly and felt his cheeks growing rosy red. He gave a small sigh, feeling the plane beginning to move down the runway and begin to take flight, Vic leaning back and holding onto his cup tight. "Do you have any pets?"

"Pets? Well. . .no. Why? Do you want to see a royal pet?"

". . .Would you laugh at me if I said yes?" Kellin asked and Vic gave a tiny chuckle.

"No, we don't have pets. It would drive Rian insane if a cat or something started scratching up the furniture. What else do you want to know?"

". . .Your consorts?" Kellin asked and that made Vic groan again, settling the cup of tea down and pulling the blanket more up to cover him.

"Just. . .I don't know. Rian picks them out and so far he's only picked those that he finds attractive. That, or crushed any people I might remotely like," Vic responded in a huff and Kellin took a couple more sips of his tea before placing it down as well. He curled his legs up to his chest, pulling the blanket over him and snuggled into the soft fabric as he looked at Vic.

"Well, what does she have to be for you to like her?"

"I. . .I don't know. I don't really give thought to that, you know? I'll fall in love when I fall in love. . .We should get some more rest in. It'll be a long time before we land in Miridia," Vic replied and Kellin nodded. Vic leaned up to turn off the light but for some reason, turned it back on.

"Wait, Kellin."

"Yeah?" Kellin answered. The air conditioning in the airplane combined with the tea he just drank and the warm, fluffy blanket wrapped around him made him feel so sleepy and made his voice sound slightly husky.

"Want me to read you a story before you sleep?" Vic asked, smiling at the younger boy. Kellin's eyes lit up and the prince called for a guard.

"Please get Kellin's book, it's in with his luggage." Vic ordered the guard. The guard nodded and went to fetch it. The prince reclined the big, comfy chair and moved to the side, looking at Kellin and patting the space he made for Kellin to lie on.

The pale boy blushed, "Uh no, i-it's fine. I can listen from here."

"But I'll get lonely." Vic said, pouting. "Please, Kellin?"

"Fine," Kellin muttered, unable to contain the smile on his face. He went under the covers with Vic and the prince pulled him close, Kellin's cheeks reddening. The guard arrived with the book, giving it to Vic. The prince nodded in thanks and turned to Kellin with a small smile on his face.

"Alright, let's go back to where we left off in the garden." Vic said, turning the pages of the book. "Once upon a time. . ."

And Vic's soft, deep voice seemed to fade from there because in that moment, snuggled up to Vic's warm chest with a blanket draped around them both and the prince's deep, soothing voice sounding like a sweet music in his ears, Kellin never felt more at peace in a long time. The younger boy drifted off into sleep but right before he did, he swore he heard the sound of a book closing shut and the feeling of an arm wrapped around his waist. Vic's murmur of 'Sweet dreams, Kellin' melting into the background of the pale boy's reverie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse my Spanish, I don't really know how to speak Spanish (despite my being part Mexican) and that's all Google translate talking. And yes, Tino Arteaga is the head chef of the palace bECAUSE I CAN. And I made Rian the advisor because idk, kinda fits him.