Status: Updated maybe once a week.

Royally Screwed

Chapter Twenty One

The making of the paper stars had to wait a little while, for Vic still had to sit with Jaime and Kellin wasn't going to allow the prince to skip up on the marquess a third time. Didn't know what consequences that would leave, if that Jaime will start acting hostile towards him or what. So Kellin calmly waited in his own bedroom, already in his soft set of pajamas and the jar of stars between his legs along with some golden and white paper.

He knew Vic had made some stars to place in there that he didn't tell about, noticing how the jar was a little bit more full than the last time he remembered and curious as to what it might be that the prince was wishing for.

The door opened, Vic walking in and giving an exaggerated sigh before rushing over and plopping down on Kellin's bed.

"Are you finished with your dinner with Jaime?" Kellin asked and Vic nodded his head, "Promise?"

"Promise. I sat with him the entire time. He enjoyed that, so did the Duke," Vic replied and then crossed his arms, "But I didn't. I don't like him, he isn't anything that I want at all," Vic stated, crossing his legs as well and giving a little huff, "He's spoiled, arrogant and a flirt. He's too touchy-feely and he always tries to kiss me, I just don't like him one bit."

"Vic-"

"It's the truth. I will never ever be in love with Jaime Preciado. But he's not easy to scare away like the others, so I don't know what to do," Vic muttered and picked up a strip of white paper, "I wish that I could have my perfect consort already there and approved so that way, he can go away."

"Oh really? And what is your perfect consort?" Kellin asked and Vic gave a tiny crooked smile.

"Well, firstly whoever it is has to love me."

"Uh-huh."

"Has a cheery disposition, cheeks that turn rosy when they laugh, play games with me of all kinds, kind, witty, very sweet and pretty, never is cross or cruel, gentle but firm, someone I could come to and talk without no fear, give me loving hugs and kisses, doesn't mind just sitting with me and do nothing, give me treats and sweets-"

"Of course," Kellin said with a tiny little eyeroll and Vic gave a playful hit to Kellin's knee.

"Cheeky," Vic said, sticking out his tongue and giving a sigh, "That's the kind of consort I want."

"You forgot something though."

"Oh really? What?"

"They need to be a blue blood. Or have a military background. It's in the rules,," Kellin stated and Vic rolled his eyes.

"I don't care about that. If you fit all those things, then I love you with all my heart."

"But you won't be able to marry t hem."

"Which is why this star," Vic said, raising the white and slightly crooked star up, "Goes for wishing that stupid rule was abolished. Who cares if you're not a blue blood and who cares if you or someone in your family fought for Miridia? I just want someone I can truly love and I want someone that would love me just the same and because of that stupid rule, I'm getting people thrown at me that just want the crown, they don't want the real me."

Kellin watched with solemn eyes as Vic closed his own and made a wish, kissing the star and dropping it into the jar. The two sat there, Kellin still slowly folding his star with delicate care until Vic asked, "How about you?"

"Huh?"

"What's your perfect prince?" Vic asked nonchalantly, fingers taking up another strip of paper to make another star and Kellin gave a tiny shrug.

"Don't know. . .um. . .well a lot of things that you said. He needs to be kind, gentle, witty. I want him to be able to make me laugh when I'm feeling sad and that his smile brightens up a whole room. I'd like to be able to go everywhere with him, experience new places and things that I never got the chance to see. . .but I don't want him to try and abandon his priorities."

"What do you mean?" Vic asked and Kellin held the finished star in his hands.

"Well. . .if he needs to do something for his people, he has to do it. He's a prince and he needs to take care of his country, not just me. I wouldn't feel right if he just payed attention to me when there could be people going hungry or in desperate need of the Royal Family's guidance. . .why didn't you show me the children's shelter your dad had built?" Kellin asked all of a sudden and Vic paused.

". . .Because. . .I don't want to go. They all probably hate us that we haven't visited them since my father died and. . .yeah. . ." Vic murmured and Kellin sighed.

"Vic, they don't hate you."

"Well I would. Come to see them every Christmas and other holidays, sometimes out of the blue and then you just disappear out of their lives for years. I don't know if the building needs to have some repairs on it, how much food they have in stock, if they have all the things they need, they just got pushed aside and they probably hate us. . .I'm going to dread passing by there during the parade."

"Parade?" Kellin asked, eyes brightening and Vic sighed.

"Yeah, the parade. We haven't had it in a long time but my mother wanted to put it on for you. . .kind of like welcoming you so you can see all of Miridia," Vic muttered and Kellin blushed.

"Really?. . .Wow. . ."

"Yeah, it's nice and all. Has lots of entertainment and balloons and music and ends at the fountain area but the thing is, when my father was alive and we went past the children's shelter, he would get out of the carriage and grab as many families and kids as he could to walk along with him until the end of the route. Then, he'd take them all down to the ice cream place and get them something to eat courtesy of the Royal Family."

"So what's stopping you from doing the same?"

"Guilt. And I bet Jaime and the other consorts are going to be riding in the carriage along with me so I won't be able to get away," Vic replied and Kellin looked down at the star in his hands, bringing it up to his lips as he closed his eyes.

I wish for Vic to see how much his people really love him.

And with that, he kissed the star and dropped it in the jar before looking up to Vic, "When is the parade?"

"At the end of the week."

"That soon?"

"It's not that much. I'm sure everything will pull together quickly. . .it's getting late," Vic noted and Kellin nodded his head.

"We have tutoring tomorrow," Kellin replied, setting the jar back onto the nightstand and Vic groaned.

"Then afterwards I have brunch with those two duchesses and a garden walk with Princess Taylor. Then Jaime and Sierra-"

"At the same time?" Kellin asked astonished and Vic nodded his head.

"It's just another dinner but this time Jaime and Sierra are attending. I don't want to go to any of it though. . .but I guess I have to."

Kellin sighed, Vic getting off the bed and began walking to the door, "Sweet dreams, Kells."

"Goodnight, Vic," Kellin murmured and reached over to switch the nightstand light off.

------------

When the sun arose and breakfast was already waiting on Kellin's table when he opened his eyes, he found a rolled up newspaper situated next to the vase of freshly cut flowers. He got up, walked over and grabbed it to unfold and see if there were any comics he could read when his eyes caught on the large picture on the front page, widening in shock to see a picture of him clinging onto Vic tightly as the prince raced through the streets and the large print reading 'American Love Story' right above it.

This was not good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg sorry it took me long and this is short I'm just so busy.