Status: Updated maybe once a week.

Royally Screwed

Chapter Thirty Nine

Kellin stood frozen, his hand being clutched tight by Vic who was looking at Jaime, surprised to see him there but. . .he didn't look angry.

"Your Highness, you found Kellin!" Jaime said and Kellin hated the fake tone of pleasant surprise in the marquess' voice.

"He was up in the tower through here," Vic said, pointing at the large arc.

Jaime raised an eyebrow, "Here? In my property?"

"Yes, how on Earth did you get in there, Kellin?" Vic asked, turning to the owner of the hand he held.
Kellin wanted to break his rule of saving the questions for tomorrow because Jaime was right there in front of them and Vic had no idea at all what he's done. So he did.

"It was Jaime! He kept me locked up in there for God knows how long!"

The prince looked at the younger boy, confused. "Kell, Jaime has been helping me to find you this whole time. Why would-"

"Vic, analyze the situation," Kellin said, looking back up at Vic.

"Your Highness, Kellin's just confused. It wasn't me. How could it be me? I'm his friend! Why on Earth would I do that?" Jaime reasoned and Kellin fought the urge to go over to Jaime and punch him or something. He never wanted to hit someone so bad. Not even Jenna. Mostly because Kellin wasn't really the hitting type. Jaime locked him in a tower, for God’s sake! But. . .but Jaime was also there for him when he needed to talk and Kellin knew that no matter how hard Jaime tried to deny that they were ever friends, it wasn’t true. He believed that he truly was a friend to Jaime at one point.

“. . .Jaime, have you been lying all this time?” Vic asked, his expression enraged and Kellin thought the prince was practically steaming. “Was this all just a part of your sick plan? Kidnapping Kellin? And then sending him off to that tower? And then what? You’d think I’d actually want you once Kellin is gone? Is that it?”

Jaime wasn’t moving, except for the slight tremble of his fingers that Kellin barely noticed. Jaime just stared at the two of them, his expression blank but somehow, Kellin thought that Jaime looked like he was contemplating on something.

“Well? Answer me!” Vic yelled, holding Kellin’s hand to the point where it almost hurt.

The marquess removed his mask of indifference and began to glare at Kellin and Kellin bit his lip to keep it from trembling when Jaime reached into his coat pocket and held out a gun. Jaime was breathing heavily, keeping his finger on the trigger and the end of the barrell on Kellin.

“Your Highness, I’m telling you right now. You can’t be with him. You only belong to me,” Jaime said, his voice low and almost a growl.

Kellin stared at his friend, eyes wide. He didn’t want to look at the gun, the thing that could kill him at the snap of his friend’s finger. He didn’t move, afraid that if he did so, he’d get shot. But. . .but Jaime wouldn’t do that! Jaime cared about him, even just a bit. He wouldn’t shoot, no, he wouldn’t dare do that.

“How dare you point that at him!” Vic yelled and he released Kellin’s hand, lunging towards Jaime who was caught off guard by the attack. Vic took the gun from Jaime roughly, aiming a kick at the marquess who fell with a loud thump on the ground. The prince had turned the tables now. He was pointing the gun at Jaime and he was absolutely seething.

“I’ll let you go just this once, Preciado. I’ll let you go if you leave me and Kellin alone,” Vic said, his voice deepening as the anger wracked through his body.

And to Kellin’s surprise, all Jaime did was throw his head back. And laugh.

“I will marry you, Vic. I’m going to marry you because this tramp doesn’t deserve you!” Jaime said and Kellin was hurt by these words.

But Jaime was hurt by the bullet that Vic put into his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S SO SHORT I'M SORRY. But the next chapter will be longer than this I sWEAR.