Status: I will try to have the next chapter up soon.

Caught in the Middle

Chapter 2

When Shaheen had first took off into the air, he felt the cool breeze whip past him, but as soon as he started to just drift in the air, everything started to slow down to its normal pace.

He heard Zayvier let out a yelp of surprise which only made him chuckle lightly to himself. He felt her arms wrap tightly around his neck and stiffen in his arms. "W-what are you doing? W-where are you taking me?" She stuttered the words out slowly and he heard the worry coated in her sweet voice.

"To my cave to harvest your blood." Shaheen couldn't help but to tease her although the words came out more serious sounding than anything else. An amused look showed in his dark eyes as he laughed lightly. "I am kidding, we are going to my place, and warm you up a bit, throw some cloths on you and get some rest." He tells her, his eyes looking forward as he banked left some.

"That's not funny. I know Demon's like Fallen's blood." Zayvier told him as she hit his chest lightly with the side of her fist, not too happy about the joke he had played on her.

“True, but I am in more control than most." Shaheen stated as he glanced down at her. Demons did crave the blood of a Fallen, it brought life into most demons. Something that nothing else could other than a Demon's mate. Shaheen was no regular Demon though. Yes, the cool touch of her skin against his warm skin made the craving come, but it wasn't so bad to make him thirsty for her.

He washed as she turned her head away from him and watched as she eyes looked around the area they were now flying through. The whole sky was now a pure white color and the snow was still falling freely. He soon heard the hint of her awed voice as the word 'wow' passed through her lips.

Shaheen smiled faintly at her word, he had to admit that the view was quite nice, but he had seen sights that were much better than this, but then again this was her first time being in the air since falling to Earth.

"Don't be too amazed, Earth can be very ugly, you will see." He tells her as he looked down at her with his dark eyes for a moment, Then he looked forward once again a few moments later. He soon arrived above the small town he had been living in for a while now.

"How can it be ugly?" He heard Zayvier ask him softly and felt her eyes on him yet again. A vibe of shame and disgust filled him at the thought of how cruel the world could be.

"Humans are very destructive and have to kill everything and ruin everything beautiful. When they see a light, they crush it." Shaheen told her in a hushed voice. He was wise beyond his years from personal experience, but one thing he had come to learn that had become crucial was that human being were nothing but a nuisance to Earth.

Shaheen saw her tilt her head from the bottom of his eyes as if she were deep in thought. She then simply laid her head on his shoulder, he knew this Fallen had a lot to learn and he planned to help her all that he could for now.

His eyes flickered down at her, not knowing why he was alright with her laying against him. Maybe it was because she was a new comer, so innocent to what was happening, the feud between the Demons and the Fallens. He knew he would have to explain it to her as soon as she was fully recovered from her fall.

Shaheen felt her move closer to her, even though it must have been rather hard because of the position they were in, but she must have been trying to stay worm from the cold air that had started to hit them.

"They sound horrible." Zayvier whispered out softly and she shivered once again as she felt the wind hit her. Humans, she had never really thought of them being violent creatures but with him saying they were, she was starting to second guess herself.

"There are some humans who want to turn things around, but they too are eventually corrupted themselves." Shaheen tells her softly, his eyes focused ahead as he thought about this. It was sad, but true.

"Maybe I will make a difference someday. Between everyone." Zayvier says softly as she closed her eyes and let out a small yawn. She had never really felt like this before, never really been tired but now that she was on Earth, all these new feeling were starting to show.

Shaheen smiled tenderly down at her as she said those words, and hearing her yawn made her seem so fragile, so innocent in his arms, but she was a Fallen and there was always the questions to as why she fell. Why was she casted from her home in heaven? Had she gone against the rules? Many questions filled his mind as his tender gaze watched her grow tired and he arrived at his home that was on the edge of the town.

Usually he landed quite quickly, but he had someone fragile aboard and he didn't want to hurt her in anyway. He lightly landed on his feet in his large backyard, his shoes crunching softly in the snow and he folded his large wings back against his back. He stepped up onto the large porch and quietly slid open the glass door, not knowing if she was asleep or not.

***


Zayvier felt his eyes on her and she smiled slightly as she lay there, not wanting to open her eyes just yet. When she felt him land, she parted them just a bit, seeing the house that was there in front of her eyes. "This is your home?" She whispered softly as she stayed in his arms, sleep still wanting to overcome her but she didn't want to sleep just yet. She wanted to look around his house and see what Earth had to offer and what things looked like here.

When Shaheen stepped inside, the warmth flowed over her and she smiled, welcoming it right away. She felt his skin temperature change beneath her as they stepped inside. It was still warm, but not like it had been just moment ago.

"Yep, all mine." He replies and carefully kicked the snow from his shoes before carrying her into the living room and sat her down on the cream colored sofa.

Zayvier looked down at what he had sat her on and slowly ran her hand over the soft fabric of the sofa. She smiled, loving the feel of it under her fingers. She looked up at him and tilted her head to the side some. "You live here alone?" She asked him before letting her eyes leave him to travel across the room as another yawn escaped her lips.

"Kind of-" Shaheen went to explain to her but a very large dog and the beast bounded to him, nearly knocking him over since he was completely off guard. The large dog barked, it reverberating throughout the large house.

Zayvier jumped back at the sight of the large animal and tried to curl up into a ball to try to protect herself. She kept her eyes on the large beast, not wanting it to come any closer to her, afraid of what it could do as well as not knowing what it was.

"This is a Great Dane, her name is Zasha." Shaheen says smiling as he lightly patted the large spotted head. Zasha's tailed wagged in delight of the touch of her master. Zayvier kept her eyes locked on the large dog, and stayed curled up.

"S-she looks scary." She stuttered out the first word as she glanced up at Shaheen. She heard Zasha bark and walked over to the couch and hopped up into it, not minding that she could smell the fear coming off the girl. She laid down, laying her head against the girls lap, and obnoxiously taking up the rest of the couch.

Zayvier stiffened as the dog came up and laid down on the couch beside her. She slowly moved her hand and went to put it on the dog's head to pet her. She took her time though, not wanting to frighten either of them, and it didn't help that the dog was just about as big as she was.

Shaheen smiled over at the two as she watched Zasha get comfortable and let out a load yawn since she was such a large dog. Even for her breed she was much larger than most. His dark eyes watched Zayvier, the tenderness showing once again as a small smile formed on his face.

"Are you hungry? I can make us something to eat." He offered her after a few more moments, trying to let her get use to Zasha who had closed her eyes and was attempting to fall sleep laying against Zayvier.

"I'm fine." Zayvier told him as she looked up at him, with a small smile of her own showing on her face. At the same moment the words came out of her mouth though, her stomach growled up at her and she blushed and looked down, letting the hair hide her face.

"Hmm, your stomach says otherwise." Shaheen said with a lightly laughed, his laugh once again being held back like his smile was and he stepped into the kitchen, wondering what he should make for her. Spaghetti sounded pretty good to him and knowing well she didn't know anything was called her, he didn't even ask what she wanted. He pulled out a pot and filled it up a little more than half full with water and placed it on the flat top of the stove over the burner, waiting for it to come to a boil. He then dumped some noodles into the water to get them cooking.

Zayvier stroked the dog’s head a few more times before she stood up and headed toward the way Shaheen had disappeared to. She saw him and walked up next to him to investigate what he was doing. "What's that?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side some.

"I'm cooking, its dehydrated noodles." He told her as he gestured to the boiling water with the noodles softening inside of it. "When put into boiling water, it softens and expands, thus turning into yummy noodle like this." He says to her and snatched a now limp noodle from the boiling water, the water not even giving him a burning sensation when he had snatched it out of the pot.

Zayvier smiled; amazed at the simple thing that water could do here on Earth. She had never seen anything like this before and even though it seemed pretty cool now, she knew she could get used to it later. "Can you eat the hard ones as well, or just the soft ones?" She asked him and looked up at him, meeting his eyes, the smile remaining on her face.

Shaheen tried not to laugh, and he succeeded, only grinning for now. "Yes, you can eat both." He tells her and placed the soft noodle in one of her hands while grabbing a heard one from the package, placing it in her other hand. She watched as he turned the stove off and carried the pot over to the sink and poured all the hot water out, only leaving the noodles inside the pot.

Zayvier took a bite of the hard noddle as he was getting the rest of the things ready for the spaghetti. As she started to chew it up, a nasty taste overcame her mouth and she sat it down on the counter, making a small face of disgust. She looked down at the other noodle that lay limp in her hand and didn't even know if she wanted to try it at the moment.

"Trust me; the second try is always the best." She heard Shaheen tell her and she looked up at him, a small look of amusement shown in his eyes as he watched her. He then went and got the plates and forks for the dinner.

"But how, if the other taste so gross? Zayvier asked him, seeing his amused look, wondering if she was laughing at her in his mind. A small blush appeared on her face once again and she looked away from him.

"Oh, just try it." He told her and set the plates down on the table with the forks. He glanced over at her, seeing the blush on her face which made him chuckle lightly to himself, though she wouldn't be able to hear it. He went over and took a noodle of his own and slurped it up, to show her it would not cause any harm.

Zayvier looked at him with raised eyes brows and heard the noise of him slurping up the noodle which made her giggle lightly. She brought the cool noddle up to her mouth and smiled at the taste. It was much better then they last one and she enjoyed it a lot more.

Shaheen pulled out a chair at the table for her and went to grab the pots with the noodles and sauce in them. "Sit there." He told her as he sat the things down on the table.

She walked over to the chair that he had pulled out and took a seat in it with a small smile. "Thank you." She told him softly. She had never pictured a Demon being so nice to a fallen, though she kind of doubted that it would last long.

"Don't thank a Demon, you will end up regretting it in the end." Shaheen told her as he put some noodles onto the plate that was laying in front of her before pouring some sauce onto it.