Status: I will try to have the next chapter up soon.

Caught in the Middle

Chapter 4

"Looks like your girlfriend is here." Zayvier chuckled as she heard the call coming from somewhere through out the house that she was in with the Demon. She looked over at him with a small smile as she held the cloths he had given to her in her hands and she still had on the shirt he had given her. She then froze suddenly as she realized the female who had just walked in was also a Demon. Two demons and one Angel, she had a feeling this would not be all that good.

Shaheen made his way over to her when he had seen her freeze at the realization of what Jezz was. He leaned down to where his lips were close to her ear and took in a deep breath before beginning to speak. "Do not worry, nothing will happen to you." He whispered into her ear softly, his breath flowing across the side of her face. He then heard Jezz storm into the room, or more like ran into the room full of excitement and he stood up fully.

"You have a play mate and didn't tell me?" Jezz cried out dramatically as she froze in place as she saw what was happening before her with this new female and her best friend. She tilted her head some, examining the female in front of her before her eyes flickered over to Shaheen.

After a few more moments, Jezz licked her lips, as if she could already taste the Fallen from where she was standing now, but she baffled by the intensity of protection that radiated off of Shaheen and she gave him a wary look, making sure not to look back over at the Fallen. At one point, the seductive female Demon's slightly pointed ears drooped a bit since she knew he had superiority over her.

Jezz soon shook of his glare and looked down at Zayvier, her bright golden eyes looked curious as she stood there. "She smells rather fresh, when she fall?" She asked Shaheen and looked up at him, trying to meet his eyes but he was looking down at the female Fallen.

"Actually not to long ago." Shaheen told his Demon friend as he twirled a lock of Zayvier's hair behind her back to where Jezz would not be able to see it. He finally looked up at his friend and saw her head tilted to the side some. "You didn't drain her?" He heard her ask and he just gave a small shrug. He did not know why he hadn't, he assumed it was just because he could not bring himself to do so.

Zayvier kept looking between the two and made sure not to say anything for the time being since she did not want to be to noticeable, but it already seemed to late for that. She felt Shaheen twirling her hair between his fingers and it made her smile at his actions. She kept her eyes on the Demon in front of her, not feeling as comfortable with her like she did with Shaheen.

"Are you, keeping her?" Jezz persisted with her questions, but Shaheen was getting agitated, smelling the fear that was coming off his new found interest and he didn't like it one bit.

"Jezz, shut up and just tell me why you are here." He demanded her, wanting to calm Zayvier down but knew it would not be possible with Jezz still being here. As soon as he changed the subject though, he saw her eyes light up and he had a feeling he already knew what it was that she had. 3....2...1...

"I brought new cloths!" Jezz told him with excitement filling her voice and Shaheen's shoulders slumped some at her answer since he had a feeling that cloths was what she had. She then started pulling out a wardrobe of things and showed them off to him, the reason she even did this, he had yet to figure out, even after all the years he had known her.

During this time, Zayveir had stepped behind Shaheen and had laid a hand on his back, the hum of starting as soon as she did so and it did help her relax a little bit and she felt Shaheen relax a little as well.

Jezz soon held out a bag full of cloths to Zayvier, it had everything that was trending at the moment since she happened to be a fashion freak when it came to cloths and shoes. Zayvier hesitantly took the bag from her, removing her hand from Shaheen's back and the hum instantly stopped.

Jezz looked over at Shaheen, seeing the disappointment clearly showing in his eyes and he wondered what was going on between the two in front of her. He looked rather lonely and depressed now that the Fallen had no contact with him through touch. "Are you okay?" She asked, her pointed ears cautious as her companion snapped out of his little daze as he rubbed the back of his neck with a small nod.

"Thank you." Zayvier said softly, almost in a whisper as she gave a small smile, though Jezz just waved off the thank you as if it was nothing.

"Do not say thank you. It's just cloths, something that is produces all hours of the day." Jezz told them and gave a small wink, clearly seeing the connection between the two now. How she did not notice it before was beyond belief. She was a Demon type that caused lust and mischief, and she usually could see all these things as soon as they started.

Jezz did notice though as she watched the Fallen move closer to Shaheen and watched her closely but she looked up at Shaheen, seeing him watching her with a confused look on his face as he studied Jezz right back before he moved his body to face Zayvier, as to protect her and that was when she knew something was up.

"Why did you fall, Fallen, you must tell me, this matter is important." Jezz says to the female, her tone both soft as well as stern, She needed to know in order to come up with why the two's souls seemed to be connected.

"Why do you need to know?" Zayvier asked her questionably, wanting to have a good reason as to why she needed to tell her. She had yet to even tell Shaheen, but then again he hadn't asked either.

"I'll explain, once I know." Jezz says and crossed her arms over her bust, watching Shaheen's eyes watch the Fallen as if she was a delicate angel.

"Well, its more of a stupid reason if you ask me." Zayvier tells her before looking up at Shaheen with a small smile on her face, having felt him watching her. She then looked back at Jezz, but this time she met the Demon's eyes.

Shaheen couldn't help but smile at Zayvier's come back and he brushed his fingers down her arm, knowing it would make her body hum under his touch just like it did to him. "Just tell her." He whispered softly.

Jezz tapped her foot, watching him touch her arm, feeling a pang of jealousy watching the handsome Demon love up to this fallen, though she would never admit she had always liked him, not that it matted now though.

Zayvier felt the hum flow through her body and she shivered lightly at the touch and tried to concentrate as she stood there. "I was always changing how people's futures went. We aren't suppose to since it also changes the fate of many others and this last time I did, I changes something and it ended up with a war. So now I am down here." She said with a small shrug, though now she did feel bad since because of her, many people had been killed.

Shaheen and Jezz both looked at each other in shock in their expressions and Jezz's hand flew to her mouth. "Oh shit Shaheen." She cried out and looked at the Fallen, her eyes full of fear for the first time since being here. With that, she simply turned and ran from the room, and left his house, taking off into the night.

Zayvier tilted her head to the side, slightly hurt by the way she had taken off, but she also wondered why she had done so. She looked up at Shaheen to see if he would do the same but was relieved when he didn't.

Shaheen felt no fear toward the news, there was a prophecy about the Demon's of his generation would become one with the Fallen's, and everything would come to peace. No more wars or fights and many did not like this. He lightly touched her arm again, only for the pleasure of the feeling he was rewarded with. "Don't worry." He said quietly, his tone lulling.

Zayvier smiled as he met his eyes with her, feeling safer now that the other Demon was gone. She reached up and touched her hand to his cheek, making the hum become stronger as it pulsed through her body more then it had before.

The feeling would have nearly suffocated him if it was even possible as he closed his eyes. His chest rising and falling quickly for a moment as he controlled it to the minimal. He then lightly placed his hand over her, a small smile displaying across his lips as his eyes remained closed.

Zayvier watched him with amazement about how gentle this Demon was and she never wanted to see him angry, though she wondered what he would be like. She let her eyes travel over his face and they stopped at his lips, longing to press her own to his but looked down with a blush before anything else popped into her mind.

Shaheen ould see here with his eyes closed, the outline of her body, seeing her look down, hiding the expression only being able to see her through the pulses he felt, it felt amazing. It made him breathless, made his heart skip a beat, but he showed no signs of this. He remained completely calm on the outside. He let his free hand travel up her other arm, wondering her reaction as he slid his eyes half way open as his hand reached the side of her neck where he left it.

Zayvier smiled slighly to herself as she looked back up at him, seeing his eyes half open, watching her. She managed to keep herself calm, though it was hard to keep control of the emotions that flowed through her body that were showing on her face as if she was an open book.

"Overwhelming isn't it?" Shaheen whispered, his voice a little low because he was having a hard time keeping his own emotions under control. He was fighting back the shivers by now as he stood there with her.

Zayvier gave a small nod, not willing herself to speak because she didn't even know if she would be able to speak at the time. She leaned forward some, but stopped for just a moment as she thought about what she really wanted at the moment. The attraction toward him was only getting stronger through and she knew she wouldn't be able to stop herself later so she smiled to herself before leaning closer and letting her lips brush against his in a ghost like kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, I am SO sorry for not updating sooner. I have been so busy, but I got it done and here it is! I am not going to make any more promises though....