Status: I have no idea what I'm doing

Phoenix

Play Well

Though the warnings were fresh in his mind, Steve couldn’t stop himself from seeking a way into the room the girl was held into. It was no longer a feeling of want to be around her, it was need.

She consumed his every thought, every dream, and he needed to figure out why.

Her face held no gravity of emotion as he slipped into the room and quietly shut the door behind him.

Her eyes were heavy, barely open, and her hair wildly framed her head in chocolate brown waves. If she noticed his entrance she gave no hint of acknowledgement her breathing slow and steady as he approached.

“Hello,” Steve offered. Grabbing a chair sitting under a desk he wheeled it in front of her before placing himself on the cushioned seat. His blue eyes watched her hazel ones as they struggled against the drugs to focus on his figure. “My name is Steve Rogers.”

“You shouldn’t be in here.” Though she hadn’t spoken in a few days her voice was crisp sending chills down Steve’s spine.

“I want to be.” Her head lolled to the other side as she licked her lips.

“Why?”

“Because I want to know you.” Her head rocked back and forth on the top of her chair slowly, her body held down by metal braces and locks that could only be opened by the computer across the room. “What’s your name?”

“I’m called Phoenix,” she answered softly. “It’s fitting, isn’t it?” Her lazy gaze fell on the man in front of her and she tilted her head to the side. “You’re not scared.”

“Should I be?” The small grin pulling his lips had her own lips moving in the same direction.

“Everyone else is.” Taking a breath through her nose she frowned when feeling the tubes still invading her nostrils. “They drug me.”

“They say you’re dangerous.” His hands were clasped together on his lap while his eyes took in every inch of her small body.

“They’re right.” Shutting her eyes she let out a miniscule laugh. “I hurt people and I like it.”

“Would you hurt me?” He watched the way her shoulders rose with the intake of her breath and desperately wanted to touch her.

“Probably,” she answered honestly. “If you’re in my way.”

“What if we worked together to beat this army?” He leaned back in the chair.

“I don’t play well with others,” she whispered. Her eyes fell on Steve’s and a sickening smile found her face. “But I kill others well.”
♠ ♠ ♠
She kind of creeps me out.
XD

Only two chapters left.
Thanks for reading!

A.