Join Me in Eternity.

Hybrid.

"How do you know what's going on?" I asked, quietly.
Damon leaned back in his chair and sighed, "There was this girl," he started and I could already see the heartbreak in his eyes and hear it in his voice, "her name was Rose. She was attacked, she looked like she was healing, but she wasn't. Then she began hallucinating." His voice trailed, but in no time the Damon I knew took over, the Damon that showed and felt no emotion, "It was a mess, that could have turned into something worse than it had been. And we don't want that happening to you."
For a moment, I thought I would get some real emotion out of him, but to no avail; it ended so abruptly.
There was a knock at the door, it opened slowly, and Klaus peeked his head in. As he entered the room, Damon seemed to stand at defense, but Klaus only eyed him.
Making his way around the bed to me, he looked back at Damon, "Please,"
Damon only rolled his eyes and proceeded to leave the room.
Klaus took a seat on the bed next to me, "How are you feeling?"
I shrugged, "Aching slightly, but fine other than that."
He smiled, "Something tells me there's nothing wrong with you at all."
"Oh? Damon said a werewolf bite is fatal to a vampire."
"Ahh, yes, which is true, but my brother and I have reason to believe you're far more than a vampire."
I propped myself up on my elbows, waiting for him to continue.
He pointed a finger at my wrist, "May I?" He lifted it, and drew blood. I turned my head, not wanting to know or see what he would do. "Are you adjusting well, love?" Turning back to him, I watched his handsome smile form on his face, as he delicately wiped away the trail of blood along my arm, careful not to stain the sheets.
"As good as one can."
"Well, I've got news, love, they're not all like you." He took his eyes from my wrist as he let it go, "You're different."
"How so?"
"You and I are one in the same." I had no reply not knowing what he was getting at, "You carried the werewolf gene prior to your Vampirism, upon your first kill to complete the vampire transition, you awoke the dormant gene, and became a Hybrid."
"How is that possible? How do you know?"
"Elijah came across you in the woods, making the initial transition after you made your first kill, I don't know why it didn't last so long, though, maybe it was your way of handling it, who knows." He made his way around the bed, admiring the art and craft put into the room.
"But-- but that's not even possible, Damon said I didn't kill anyone!" I shouted out of frustration and confusion.
"Elijah compelled you two." He didn't even look twice at me, he simply stated it, as if it were everyday conversation.
"That's impossible, vampires can't do that to each other."
"Love, we're the Originals," He stood next to the bed, leaning over me, and gently placing a finger underneath my chin brought me to look into his eyes, "there's not a whole lot we can't do." And he smiled lovingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know how stories just pretty much write themselves, that's exactly what happened with this story, I didn't dream it would take this form when I started writing it, but nonetheless, enjoy!