Join Me in Eternity.

Another Original.

The shouting woke me, it was between a male and a female, undoubtedly, the male was Klaus.
I waited until the shouting subsided, and the front door slam, until I finally even so much as thought about wandering downstairs. Before I got the chance to, there was a tapping on my door.
"Come in."
Klaus stepped in, "Good morning."
I raised an eyebrow to him, "Good?"
"Yours much more than mine, no doubt." He smiled, and took a seat on the bed, while I watched out the window. As if he read my mind, "Stubborn little sister."
"Ahh," I turned to face him, my fingers twirling the piece of jewelry from Damon.
Klaus stood in front of me, he looked me in the eyes, smiling before his attention was brought to the trinket around my neck "You know love, hybrids don't need fancy daylight wear."
I shrugged. I wouldn't take it off, Damon gave it to me.
Klaus grasped my shoulders, causing me to once again look into his deep eyes, and away from my necklace, "There's so much more to you, Brooklyn. So much more I want to know."
I pulled back, "I-- I don't know what to say."
"You've an eternity to find out."
I couldn't find words elegant enough for Klaus and his utter charm.
"We can start at dinner tonight if you'll join me?"
"Of course I will, if you promise to be gentlemanly." I smirked at him, and he offered one in return.
"You have my word." He turned and left. I only assumed he had somewhere to be.
I still had no friends, I still didn't know anybody, but I found myself outside and walking around town anyway. I felt slightly paranoid I'd run into Damon, but decided the fresh air was worth the risk.
"You're the new center of attention." I turned to see a blonde standing behind me.
"Excuse me?"
"Damon, Stefan, Elijah, Klaus. You're all anyone's talking about."
"I don't even know you."
She took long steps towards me, "You will."
"Do I even want to?"
She nearly closed the space between us, "Don't act like you're more important than I am, I know what you're up to, we've fought so hard to stay together, and we don't need you around to ruin it."
"Rebekah, give it up, no one wants you around anymore, how long will it take you to realize that?"
I closed my eyes and the smile spread over my face, that voice. Upon opening my eyes, I saw an absence of the blonde, and the new arrival of Damon.
I grinned, "Miss me?"
"Oh, you know I do." He rolled his eyes, I'd like to think playfully.
We walked a little ways, "So, umm, who was that exactly?"
"Rebekah Mikaelson. She's forever pissed off, gullible, and related to your new boyfriend."
"Wait, she's an Original? Is she a hybrid too?"
"Yes. And no, you and Klaus are the only naturally occurring hybrids I know of."
As we continued to walk, I wanted him. "What's her problem with me?"
"She's jealous. No one wants her around, you're stealing her brother."
"I'm not stealing anybody, Damon."
We stopped, and he stood in front of me, a cold look on his face, "Yeah? Klaus stole you." I watched as Damon turned to walk away from me, having the last word, and giving me the cold shoulder.
"He didn't steal anyone, or anything, Damon. You didn't want me, I know your brother more than I know you. You never wanted me around in the first place, you just wanted a little toy to manipulate, well congratulations Damon, well done, I hope you're proud." I tried to walk away, but turning around, Damon had blocked my path. There he stood in front of me, staring deeply into my eyes.
"You think there was ever a moment I didn't care, Brooklyn? I wanted you the whole time, hell, I still do. Maybe it's just not as easy as you think."
"You think I've had it easy? Do you? I want to know, do you think anything's ever been easy for me, Damon?" I probably could have gone on more, and he probably could have too, but he didn't let it get any farther than that, his lips pressed firmly against mine, and I didn't so much as utter a protest.
He leaned his forehead against mine, "I want you to come back, but I only want you to come back when you're ready."
I nodded in understanding as he took has hands away from the sides of my face. I wanted to got back, I wanted to be with Damon, I wanted to go places and see the world with him.
But I just didn't know if I was ready to go back.

My thoughts still lingered on Damon as I made my way up the steps to my room. I'd wanted to plop down onto the bed and contemplate life and my very existence, and the only thing stopping me was a wide black box with an intricately tied bow around it. I picked up the card placed on top:
"This is just me being a gentleman
-Klaus"
I smiled to myself, and opened the box to find an incredible red satin dress. After dressing, I made my way downstairs to find Klaus, casually leaning against the door.
"You look beautiful, love, more so than I would have imagined."
"And you look stunning yourself."
Klaus linked his arm through mine, and he led me outside.
During dinner we talked. We talked of ourselves, of our past, of our aspirations; and I listened to the many stories he had to tell of throughout the centuries. We talked and laughed like I'd never had before. But most of all, Damon Salvatore didn't cross my mind once.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a longer chapter, and I hope that's okay with you guys.
This is my way of thanking everyone who has read and is continuing to read. Also, my Walking Dead fanfiction We're All Alone in This Together has officially hit 100 subscribers, and I am so stoked! Thank you guys so very much, I love you all and have a truly wonderful day/night.