Join Me in Eternity.

Questions.

Lo and behold, upon returning for my shift the following evening, there he sat at his usual spot, alone at the bar, a mischievous smirk on his face, and a drink in his hand.
I decided it'd be best to wait for him to say something first, rather than I, so I continued as I usually would.
Turning from a table full of 'usuals' I ran into someone hard. Of course, with my luck it was in fact, Damon.
"Ooops," he smirked, "Better watch where you're going next time."
I'd never stood so close to him. His scent, his eyes, his presence engulfed me. And for a moment or two I was mesmerized.
"I guess I should, maybe you should quit following me."
He trailed behind me back to the bar, "Why are you so eager to get rid of me?"
"Why are you so eager to know me?" I faced him and the abruptness almost made us collide.
"Don't answer my question with another question."
"Don't be so vague and we have a deal." I turned, and continued walking.
"Why are you so difficult?"
"This could go on all day, Damon." Back behind the bar I faced him slightly annoyed, yet flattered by his persistence.
"Lucky for us it's nighttime."
I rolled my eyes and walked away, but not before he got a hold of my wrist.
"What do you want?" I snapped, much louder than expected.
He began releasing me slowly as he lifted his glass with his remaining free hand, "Another drink."
I obliged and left while I could and he was preoccupied by his drink.
The night went quicker than that of the previous. Damon accompanied me outside. "You willing to talk to me yet?"
"Are you always this persistent?"
"Do you always answer a question with another question?"
I smirked, "Is it annoying you?"
Damon slumped his shoulders and rolled his eyes, "You're so damn stubborn." He stood straight once again, "and sarcastic." He stopped walking along side me, and fell back a few steps, "Huh, just like me," he looked up as if pondering something, "I like it."
"That a compliment?"
"What do you think?"
"I think you compared me to you, indirectly complimenting yourself."
"And intelligent." He added, "Why haven't we hooked up yet?"
"Hooking up is a two-sided decision, Mr. Salvatore."
"Hmm, clever." The look on his face said he just came to a realization, "The girls talk about me a lot?"
"Always."
I didn't have to look, I could merely imagine he was wearing a signature half smirk. Upon reaching my car, he put his arms up, trapping me between the car and himself, but for some reason it wasn't threatening. He looked me in the eyes and I couldn't bring myself to look away, even though the misshapen shadows distorted their coloring.
He searched my face, like he were actually looking for something, expecting something. Deep in a sort of concentration.
He hung his head and backed up from me and the car, "Nothing. Absolutely nothing."
"What?" I was oblivious, I didn't know exactly how to handle what was going on, or why I was so attracted to him.
In less than a second he was standing directly in front of me once again, "I'm trying to make you want me."
Truth be told, I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, so I played along as best I could. I smirked, "What makes you think I don't already?" I gave him no time to reply before I got in my car and drove away.
This time I got the last word and the last look.