Join Me in Eternity.

Unfamiliar.

I awoke, a throbbing in my head and a hunger I'd never felt before.
My surroundings were of elegance, decorated beautifully in dark colors; but completely unfamiliar to me.
In my mind, I couldn't recall the night before. I struggled to even lift my head. I ached all over, and felt overwhelmingly weak.
Footsteps in the hall startled me. Just because Damon was the last face I remember seeing, by no means meant I could count on the footsteps belonging to him.
The footsteps stopped abruptly and it took me a second to look behind me, the room was spinning and I was disoriented. I steadily blinked the newcomer into view. He stared at me, not a questioning look on his face; which I found to be handsome but just as unfamiliar.
"You're Damon's new toy, I presume?" He slightly hopped off of what I could only assume was a single rise in the floor, "Seen him around anywhere?"
He no longer looked at me, and seemed to hold no interest as to why a stranger was crashed on the living room couch.
I shook my head, and he proceeded to rummage through things. "I don't even know where I am."
He didn't even look back up at me, hardly even acknowledging me anymore.
"So, I don't even get an introduction?" I questioned, finding his behavior to be quite rude.
He finally looked back up at me, and sighed, "He'll either dispose of you, or you'll both walk away like nothing happened. So, I usually don't acquaint myself with whoever Damon's brought home." He suddenly fixed his gaze on me, "However, Damon usually coins up a cover story as to where he's disappeared to."
"I'm not special enough for a cover story?" I smiled, but grabbed at my throbbing head.
"Or you're really special." He began rummaging through things once more. "I'm Stefan."
"You're the brother."
"Ah, I see he mentioned me."
"Just a footnote in the introduction." Even though I knew it was probably too early to start jokes, I did anyway. To my surprise he smirked.
A searing pain shot through my brain and I clutched my head in my hands and the room was spinning around me. It seemed to last forever, but when it ended, I realized in my disorientation I had made it onto the floor, and Stefan kneeling by my side. He looked directly in my eyes, studying them.
Stefan grabbed me by both of my shoulder, "Did he turn you?"
I blinked, still in a hardly coherent state, "What?"
"Did he turn you?"
"I don't-- I--" I didn't know what to say, I had no idea what he was talking about.
He stood and began to stomp through the house, "Damon!" He looked and sounded undeniably angry.
"Hello Brother." Damon stood on the stairs, arms crossed over his chest, smirking.
"Did you turn her?" Stefan pointed an accusing finger at me.
"That depends..." Damon's voice trailed, and his eyes did alike, towards me.
"Did you, or did you not turn her, Damon?" Stefan progressively got louder with each word he said.
Damon pushed himself from the wall, and put a finger to his lips, arms still crossed, as if in thought, "Maybe." He looked me up and down then back to his brother. Uncrossing his arms, he walked towards Stefan, his smirk still residing on his face, "Why?"
"Does she even know?" Stefan held his ground, angry, but refusing to lose composure.
Damon only shrugged.
"Do you know how dangerous this is?"
"Awh, is my little brother disappointed in me?"
Stefan said nothing to Damon's sarcasm.
Damon rolled his eyes, and once again crossed his arms, "I'll keep an eye on her." He flashed a wink at me.
"That's not it, Damon." Stefan lowered his voice, "They've already found out we're back, and just because you're on the council doesn't make you immune. We have to keep a low profile."
"Oh Stefan," Damon walked down the steps, "you don't like her?"
Stefan sighed, "I didn't say that, all I said was this whole situation is dangerous."
"I'd really like to know what's going on." I took a few steps towards the two.
Both Damon and Stefan turned to me.
"I can't recall last night. My head is pounding. And I don't even know where I am." I finished; my rant making me feel dizzy.
Stefan sighed, and began walking towards me, but Damon held him back with an arm across his chest. "I told you," he smirked at me and kept his gaze locked on mine, "I'll take care of it."
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess some chapter will be longer than others.
Enjoy!