Join Me in Eternity.

Remembering.

"Damon what's going on?"
We walked through the woods, so familiar yet so different all at once. Damon stayed silent.
"Dammit Damon! I need to know what's happening!" I demanded.
"I'm a vampire and guess what? You are too, now. There. That answer your question?" Damon said bluntly, maybe even a little condescending.
"Seriously? Don't mock me." I continued to demand answers that he refused to answer.
He shrugged, "Okay, don't believe me? Fine. Wait until you realize human food won't sustain you anymore."
"For once," A voice came from the blackness of the woods, "He's being honest." As the voice finished Stefan stepped into view. He looked to his brother, "I didn't know if I could trust you." He shrugged, "No offense."
"None taken."
I raised my eyebrow, "Vampires?"Eyeing both of them, "As in Nosferatu, Lestat, and Louis?"
Stefan's face cringed. "Sort of."
Damon laughed slightly, "She could have said Edward." As he proceeded to roll his eyes at even the thought.
"Anyway," Stefan continued, "Yes. Vampires."
I turned to Damon, "Is this what you meant? When you told me to go away with you?"
"More or less."
"Is it? Or isn't it?"
"So to speak."
I gave him a look. I was not in the mood for him to be so cryptic.
"Well, yes, but not here. I don't want to stay here. Here is boring."
I could feel the anger and tears welling in my eyes, "Why? Why me, Damon?"
He shrugged, "I liked you."
"You liked every girl at the bar."
He began walking towards me, "Touche, but you're different. I've had my eye on you."
I felt cold and vulnerable.
Damon made slow steps towards me until he was right against me. In my ear he whispered, "Join me. Join me in eternity."
Those four words struck something; they hit me and forced me to stumble back and away from Damon.
"Last night..." My voice trailed as my mind uncovered the previous night.

"Tell me, Kennadee, do you believe in vampires?"
I decided I'd play along, "Sure, do you?" I crossed my arms over my chest, a playful smirk on my face.
He began to wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Damon craned his neck to whisper in my ear, "More than you could imagine."
Damon brought a single hand to the back of my neck; still over my hair. The other hand continued to hold onto my waist. He trailed small, innocent kisses along my neck whispering in between "I want you..." Reaching a specific spot on my neck.
It was different; painful, but I couldn't find my voice to plead with him to stop.
"Join me in eternity." He finished.
Damon released me from his grasp, I stumbled back, feeling dizzy and out of place. My hand traveled to my neck. Damon knelt down next to me, and I realized I was on my knees upon the ground.
"Everyone takes it differently. Wait a moment or two, you'll be fine." His voice seemed to fade in and out.
I was lying on the forest floor, watching the moon through the canopy of the trees.
Damon stood to the left of me, hands in his pockets, and leaning against a tree.
"Now," he began as he pushed himself off the tree and proceeded to walk towards me, "we need to feed you."
"My head hurts." I began to sit up.
"I know." He took my hand to both help and steady me, "Come on."

Damon's voice pulled me out of my memory. "Are you alright?"
I snapped my head up to him, I felt the hot tears, much more vulnerable this time; and I could hear my voice shake, "Did I kill anybody?"
Damon shook his head, "Somehow, you stopped yourself from doing so. But that doesn't mean it'll always be that way."
I nodded in understanding. "But, why? Why me?"
Damon sort of shrugged, "I told you, you're different."
He must have sensed that his answer wasn't enough for me.
"You were alone. No family. No boyfriends. No pets. You were a runaway. You worked at a bar for a living. You were hurting inside."
"Are you saying you did me a favor?"
He looked as if he contemplated it, "Not in so many words."
"I'm dead, and you think you're doing me a favor?" I know I should have been, but I just wasn't angry at Damon.
"Well, when you put it that way--"
"You turned her against her will, Damon?" Stefan interjected.
"So to speak." Damon shot back, looking ever so slightly annoyed.