Join Me in Eternity.

Gift.

Damon left, and while he was away doing whatever he was doing, Stefan was teaching me to survive on the blood of animals.
"When Damon gets back, he'll probably start feeding you human blood again." Stefan said nonchalantly.
"Killing really isn't in my nature..."
Stefan grinned, "No, like hospital blood bags."
I stifled a laugh, "That's kind of gross."
"And then you try it."
Damon had been gone for four days. Neither Stefan or I knew where he was.
Stefan and I sat on opposite couches in the living room. An awkward silence lingering in the air between us.
"So, how'd it happen?"
Stefan looked up at me, "Well, like every story between brothers, Sibling Rivalry." That was all he said.
I wanted him to continue but he didn't; and I wasn't going to force it either.
After a while he left me alone without saying where he was going or what he was doing. I didn't really know how to talk to him, he wasn't like his brother at all. He was quiet, reserved, and a lot less sarcastic. But I also considered that he just didn't like me, which could also be completely valid.
I was doomed to spending time outside only at night. I didn't go out in the daytime very much to begin with. Now that I can't, I kind of missed it; at least then I had a choice.
I felt a presence behind me, never in my life had I been so sensitive to noises or even just knowing someone was there.
"Stefan told me you two bonded."
"I had to occupy myself somehow, I was doomed inside after all."
"Well, now I'm back, and you won't have to spend time with my extra broody brother."
One didn't have to be a supernatural being to know the grin was on his face.
"And I brought back this." I felt him slip something around my neck, and moving my hair out of the way. Looking down, the silver was shining in the moonlight.
I lifted it from around my neck to examine it, "What's this?"
"It means you can go out in daylight."
"Now what?" I asked after a while, "What do we have to look forward to?"
Damon came closer to him, his hands behind his back, "Eternity."
I looked down, and then beyond the bounds of the property of the Salvatore home.
"You're unhappy, still." Damon noted, shyly and concerned. "I can see it. You have the power to stop it now."
I faced him, still not saying a word.
"You can choose to turn off the pain, to make it go away." He stepped closer, moving a stray strand of hair from my face that the slight wind misplaced. He lifted my chin with a forefinger, " Focus, and you can shut it off, choose not to feel. How do you think I've gotten through so many years."
I closed my eyes, and concentrated. The feeling was a revelation, for once in so long I felt okay again and like I belonged. Right there, with Damon.