Status: Not sure if I'll even completely finish this piece but I wanted to share what I have so far

The Runaway

1,375 Miles

The sun is just starting to rise as Lottie takes her first steps in the cold sand of the deserted beach. She had just spent the last 24 hours behind the wheel, only stopping once or twice, now all she wanted to do was rest. So Lottie sat down, her hands lightly running over the top layer of sand as she watched the waves crash into the beach. The white foam frothing at the lip as the water pulls back into the ocean, only to move forward and crash all over again. The water is in constant state of motion, turning over and over again, much like Lottie's life. Tossing and turning, always in a state of motion. All she wanted, was for it to stop. Just for one day.

After a long moment Lottie closed her eyes, letting her other senses tingle and heighten with her temporary loss of sight. She let the sound wash over her as the smell of salt filled the air and the light morning dew gave her skin goosebumps. Through her eyelids she could see oranges, pinks and purples. All dull until she opened her eyes again to see the real reflection of colors in the sky. No picture painted or taken could ever do justice to the vision that was the first morning light coming up over the ocean.

This was something Lottie thought she would never experience again in her life. A sight once seen but never really appreciated. Not until now, not until she had to drive 1,375 miles away from what was suppose to be the happiest day of her life. Her princess wedding dress made her stick out like a sore thumb against the most beautiful scenery. It made her glad that no one was there, it meant no questions and no explanations.

People were looking for her and she knew she was being selfish. But the peace of mind she gained while sitting in front of that sunrise made every mile worth it. It made every exhausting, suffocating day of just going through the motions almost worth it. Just to see this, right here and right now. Alone while most of the world was still asleep or waking up to the smell of coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
please let me know if you think I should continue this. I have a few ideas in mind so this piece could go so many different ways but this is what I've got for now.