Status: one-shot

Masquerade Romance

1/1

Brian's POV

I buttoned up my black button up and left the top button open, brushing off imaginary dust off of my shirt. I zipped up my black dress pants and looked once more in the mirror, making sure nothing is out of place. I fixed some strands of my spiky hair and adjusted it a little, making it extra perfect for today.
What's so special about today, you ask? Oh, nothing. I'm only going to a masquerade ball where I'm going to find a 'partner'. My parents thought I had been a bachelor for long enough so now I needed to find a partner, male or female, so they came up with an idea where I would met lots of people and find 'the right one'.
Anyways, I put on my mask and drove my way to the place where they are having the ball at. I was invited by my friend Matt, he always knew about my fascination about masks and masquerade balls. I reached the place and I looked around, impressed.
Dim lights were hanging off of trees, there were candles on the ground, and the full moon shone above us. It really gives the vampiric kind of vibe. I plastered my trademark smirk onto my face and walked inside, seeing girls stare at me with a lustful look. Meh, I'm used to it.
I walked my way through crowds of chattering people who were trying to talk to me and finally found my friend sipping on a glass of wine with his wife, Valary. I smiled and walked over to them, getting a smile in return.

"Damn, Brian. You really perfected everything, huh?" Matt smiled.

"Of course." I smirked, looking to my left to see the most beautiful human being I've ever seen.

He was wearing a tuxedo with a bow tie and he was wearing a very intricate golden mask, where as I was only wearing a simple black mask with golden outlines. I stared at the anonymous beauty as he walked around with a bored look on his face, playing with the candles.
I chuckle at how cute he was with his bored and unamused expression, playing and fiddling with candles. As he was playing with one, he accidentally knocked it over and it fell. His face turned into shock as he quickly picked it up, trying to put it back. When he couldn't, he gave up and left the candle lying there, making me laugh.
He must've heard my laugh because he looked up and our eyes met, making me feel all tingly inside. He smiled softly before he turned around and walked into the throngs of people. I tried to search for him but there's just too many people. I left Matt and Val, ignoring their confused calls and began searching for him.
As I reached the middle, I can see him weaving his way through the crowd while keeping an eye on me, as if he was daring me to follow him. I smirked and followed him, but he gave me a playful smirk and turned around, mixing in to the crowd. I cursed silently when I realized I lost him again. I searched and searched and felt a tap on my shoulder.
I turned around and saw him walking backwards, giving me a small wave before he walked into the crowd again. Fuck, was he good at hiding and playing games. I turned around and saw him making his way out of the sea of people and look over his shoulder briefly, before continuing to walk out.
I hurried outside and followed him, but he was nowhere to be seen. I let out a sigh of frustration and looked down. It seemed to be drops of candle wax. I looked forward and saw more droplets. It must be a trail or some sort. I smiled to myself and followed the trail. I reached an empty hallway with a window on the end of it. There was some kind of writing.
I rushed to the window and read the neat writing.

Eager to meet me, are you? it said with a smiley wink face at the end of the sentence.

I looked to my left and my right, more dark hallways. I sighed as I contemplated on which hallway I should go to. I heard a clink, like something has been dropped to my left, and I immediately looked towards it. It was a candle.
I ran towards it and saw a door leading out to a garden, and it was opened. I made my way through the pathways and reached a gazebo, right in front of the lake, which was lit up by a silvery ribbon of the moonlight. I saw a figure sitting down. I walked towards him and smiled.

"Well, that was fun, wasn't it?" I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"On your part. It was hard on my part." I chuckled, moving towards him.

"But it has ended now, and everything will be easy from now on." He smiled, standing up before turning to face me. I was stunned by the beautiful sparkle of his jade eyes, reflecting the moonlight.

"Oh, really?" I smirked, moving closer. He laughed and walked towards me.

"So why were you staring at me earlier, Mr. Stalker?" He smirked, running a hand down my arm.

"I wouldn't say stalk, more like observe." I retorted, making him roll his eyes playfully.

"You're one funny guy." He chuckled, and I pulled him closer by his waist, making him gasp. "Ooh, naughty too."

"I guess you could say that. I am indeed a very naughty boy." I purred seductively.

"So I heard. The famous Brian Haner Jr., the richest bachelor around here." He smirked, brushing his hand down my face, and across my lips.

"Not gonna be for long." I stated, pulling him closer so now our bodies were touching.

"And what makes you so sure?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow at me.

"I know you're into me, and I'm into you." I whispered before I crashed our lips together. It moulded perfectly. It's like we were made for each other. We heard the clock bell ring and his face became alarmed. He pulled away and ran. "Wait! Where are you going?" I called out.

"I'm sorry, I have to go!" He said hurriedly before he opened his mask and left it on the ground. I ran after him but he was already gone.

"I don't even know your name, and I didn't even have your number." I said to no one. I sighed and walked over to the mask, picking it up.

It was the only reminder I have left of him and I will find him no matter what it takes.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of like a Cinderella story. Anyone want a sequel? Or should I just leave this here?

Comments and recommends make me happy.

Thank you and enjoy!