Status: Not Active

Live and Let Live

No Idea

Jack and I headed outside to Alex’s backyard. Surprisingly there were only a couple people out here. Ironically enough they were smoking pot. We made our way past them and got onto Alex’s trampoline to lay down.
“What did you need to talk to me about, Jack?” I asked as soon as we were settled.
“Alex,” he said.
“Oh. Is it about him and Lisa or him failing classes already or what?” I was just rambling. Shut your mouth Abby, my mind said.
“It’s about you, Abby.”
“Excuse me?”
“Alex likes you.”
“He barely knows me!” Okay, that was a lie. We spent this whole afternoon talking and he basically knows every detail about my life. Some things I haven’t told him but that’s not the point.
“He told me you guys ditched school and talked the whole day. I’m sorry about you and your ex by the way. Sounds like a douche bag.” Jack scoffed.
“Thanks, and yeah we did. When Damon broke up with me, I started crying and breaking down in front of the school. Alex just happened to be outside the doors and he saw me and came over. He comforted me and we ended up ditching. I guess he does know me better after today but how can that be enough to obtain feelings for me?” I said, staring at the night sky. When did it become so dark out? I could see some of the stars and the moon was out tonight. It was a full one. It was beautiful..
“Since the first day of school, when you took up his offer of sitting with us at lunch, he’s been talking about you. He kept saying how much better you were then any girl in this school, even Lisa. Lisa hates you, but she hates everyone who tries getting in the way of her and Alex.” I shook my head and sat up so I could look at Jack. His arms were bent back so his head was laying on them. He looked over at me and smiled. “He just wants you to like him. He thinks that you have no idea he even exists as an option of dating.” I looked at Jack, then up at the sky. So, Alex likes me huh? Do I like him? It was nice getting to know him. I’m still not over Damon of course. I mean hell; it’s only been nearly a day. I guess I’d have to wait and see.
“He knows my boyfriend broke up with me this morning. I don’t know if I like him yet. I think we’re just going to have to wait and see.” I said, looking back to Jack.
“I understand. Just be careful about Alex’s feelings. If you fuck him over in any way, things can get kind of bad. Trust me; I’ve had enough fights with him to know.” I laughed and nodded.
“I’ll be careful. He’s a sweet guy; I would hate to hurt him.” Jack smiled.
“Good. Do you want to go back inside?”
“To be honest, I’m wiped out from today. I think I’m going to find Alex and tell him I’m going home for the night.”
“Alright, well I’ll walk you inside and help you find him.” Jack said, sitting up and making his way off the trampoline. I followed and we went back into the house. I forgot how loud it was because I had to scream at Jack to ask him where he thought Alex was. We ended up searching the bottom floor and couldn’t find him. When we made our way back to the kitchen we found him and I walked up to him.
“Hey, Alex, I’m going home. I just wanted to say good night.” I smiled sweetly.
“Aw, don’t leave! Stay!” He said, slurring his sentences a bit. I shook my head.
“I’m tired, Alex. I’ll see you tomorrow or at school on Monday, okay? Good night.” I kissed his cheek and hugged him goodbye and made my way out his people filled house. When I got outside I was happy because I could breathe again. I turned towards the way of my house and started walking.
-
I woke up the next morning, feeling a bit sluggish. Right after I came home, I changed into my pajamas and passed out. I sat up in bed and looked at the clock. It read eleven thirty and I groaned. I knew my body wasn’t going to let me sleep in any more than I have so I got my lazy ass up, grabbed two towels and walked into my bathroom. My reflection stared back at me when I looked into the mirror. Before yesterday, I had never taken a drink. It wasn’t that bad to be honest, but I wouldn’t turn into an alcoholic. I jumped in the shower and let the water wash away all the dirt off of me from last night. Showers were my sanctuary. They relaxed me and basically cleansed me of bad thoughts or things. I always felt better after a shower, ever since I was little. I think my parents were happy I was always clean and not dirty like a lot of the other kids. When I was done, I got out wrapped my hair up and wrapped the other towel around my body and walked back into my room. I didn’t feel like getting dressed yet so I decided to lie down. I grabbed my phone and realized I had a text from Alex.
From: Alex
Hey Abby! I was wondering if you’d want to hang out today. I was thinking I’d show you around the city.

I smiled to myself. My mom and I haven’t been into the city because when we moved we focused on getting settled in and getting me into school. I replied quickly with a yes and smiley face before jumping up and hurrying to my dresser. Wait, why was I so excited about this? Was it because I was going to explore the city with Alex? Or was it just because I was going into the city? I’ve never lived near a city that was big and popular. Baltimore was beautiful. I never lived near or close to Atlanta back in Georgia. I heard my phone ding and I opened up Alex’s new message.
From: Alex
Awesome! I’ll pick you up in ten (:

Shit! I have to get dressed and dry my hair and do my make-up. My hair was nearly dry already, because for some miracle reason it dries fast. I hurried and pulled out a pair of skinny jeans, my vans, and a Green Day shirt. I put them on and hurried to put on my make-up. I let my hair stay down and wave out today. I heard Alex pull up, so I grabbed my wallet and phone and headed downstairs and outside to his car.
“Hey, ready to go explore?” He laughed and I nodded. With that note, we drove off towards the city.
♠ ♠ ♠
fourth chapter :D do you think Abby is going to end up liking Alex? Should Damon make an appearance soon? Hahaha
Abby's Oufit