Sequel: Cherry and Vanilla
Status: Updates at least once a week <3

Nobody Really Knows

If You're Bleeding

I think it’s safe to say that sometimes, I’m a little too energetic with my guitar. This can of course be dangerous when there are hyped up short people in the surrounding area who won’t stop bugging you. Yes, I’m referring to Drew, who else?

We all stood in various spaces around the small practice space; tuning our instruments, warming up our voices and preparing for practice while making sure to stay out of each other’s ways. Unless you happen to be Drew of course, who is climbing on everyone/everything he can reach and generally running around hyper.

I must admit though, when Drew is all sugar-ed up and gleeful he is the most adorable thing ever. He jumps around and flails rather cutely and does this really high-pitched giggle thing if you tickle him. Not to mention that he always wants cuddles. Seriously, as soon as you sit down without an instrument he’ll jump straight into your lap and wrap his arms around you like a monkey climbing a tree. Yeah, I love hyper!Drew.

The only downside of hyper!Drew? Hyper!Drew is usually also Accidentprone!Drew.

The first time it wasn’t too bad, he just tripped over an amp. Then it sort of escalated from there. He tripped over wires, knocked into the rest of us while playing and dropped his bass up the floor once or twice. Still, that didn’t stop him eating large quantities of sugary treats and then riding the rush.

“What are we going to play first?” Laurence was the first to speak once we’d all finished tuning and warming up and had all gathered as a group again.

“Concede Repent Destroy?” Luke suggested, we liked to start with this one as it got us all into a really good musical mind-set.

“Sounds good to me” Kier agreed, tossing his mic back and forth between his hands. Drew, Laurence and I nodded in agreement and after a quick group hug we all took our positions to start playing – Luke behind his drums, Kier and Laurence up the front and Drew and myself just behind them. I don’t like playing right up front of the stage – there’s a reason they call me timid! I’ll come forward for a bit but usually I stay nearer Luke.

After I took a deep breath and shot a grin towards the other guys, I started to play the opening notes, ready for Kier’s voice to join in.

“Just one taste a night
Is never enough to appease me
Cos I’m losing the fight
Oh honey you know it ain’t easy
To hide all my scars
You know I don’t want to scare you
But I’m falling apart
And I couldn’t stop it if I wanted to.

The moonlight excites me
As the dancing masses begin to twirl
No my heart isn’t free
But it beats in time with the Underworld
I’ve made up my mind
I’m not gonna wait til they cast the stone
I’ve left my old life behind
So that the broken hearts don’t have to feel alone.

So I’ll drain my body of everything
If it pleases you, like I want it to.
SO take a breath
Turn out the lights
We’ll rise again
And sing for all the…
- DREW WATCH WHERE YOU’RE RUNNING!”

Confused and panicked as to what the hell Kier was talking about I turned round only to have my guitar smash into something.

“Ow!” Oh shit. That ‘something’ I smacked into was Drew!

The rest of the band abruptly stopped playing when Drew fell to the floor with a crash – his bass landed hap-hazardly across his lap and his hand flew to his head.

“Oh my God, Drew! I’m so sorry!” I dropped onto my knees next to my friend and wrapped my arm protectively around him before checking his head for injuries. I nearly had a panic attack when I saw that he had a small cut on his forehead that was bleeding very slightly.

The blonde boy just smiled at me before starting to laugh at my distraught expression.

“God, Barrone! You look like you just witnessed somebody get murdered! Calm down, I’m okay!” the small boy chuckled.

“Are you sure?! You have a cut on your forehead! I’m so, so sorry!” I kept apologising despite him protesting that he was fine.

“Breathe Shane!” Laurence commanded from behind me.

“Seriously Shane, does he look like he’s dying? He’s okay. He was just jumping around like a lunatic again and happened to bump into you. He’s fine, Shane” Kier comforted me, making sure to grin at Drew when he said the ‘lunatic’ part.

“It barely hurt, Barrone. It was more the shock of it happening that made me say ‘ow’ rather than it actually hurting” Drew sat up fully and wrapped his arms around me, trying not to knock his bass into my guitar as he did. I sighed in relief now that I was sure that Drew was okay; I’d never have forgiven myself it I hurt him badly.

“If it makes you feel better, I’ll get you a little plaster so you can patch him up and check he’s okay yourself, Barrone” Laurence said before running off to the other side of the practice area to get the first-aid kit. After Luke gave Drew a squeeze on the shoulder he headed back to sit behind his drum kit while Kier went to follow Laurence, leaving Drew and me alone.

I opened my mouth to apologise again but Drew stopped me by pushing a finger to my lips.

“Don’t even say it. I’m fine Barrone, God, you’re so overprotective!” he said as he removed his bass from his body and placed it on the ground next to him. Following suit, I did the same with my guitar and instinctively pulled him into my lap to hug him. We did this all the time, it just felt natural to hold him close. He’s right, I am incredibly protective of him, but it’s only because I care about him!

I don’t know what quite made me think to do it, or even what part of my brain then said ‘nice idea! Go for it!’. Point is – much to everyone else’s amusement – I burst into song.

“Please! If you're bleeding, I can help stop the flow! I can save you!”

Drew burst out laughing and pushed my backwards lightly so we were both lay laughing on the floor with him on top of me.

From the other side of the room I could faintly hear Laurence and Kier talking but I was too busy chuckling to focus on what they were saying.

~

LAURENCE’S POV

~

“Is it just me or do the Timids look adorable together?” I asked Kier while he was digging for a plaster in the bottom of the badly organised first aid kit.

“Yeah, they do” he agreed with a smile before pulling out a Hello Kitty plaster and dangling it in front of my face. “Do you think this is Timids appropriate?” I laughed at his choice but nodded. It was indeed, very Timid appropriate.

“Do you think there’s something else going on there, like, relationship-wise?” Kier questioned, glancing other at Drew and Shane who were now cuddling while lying on the floor.

His question caught me off guard. The Timids have always behaved like that towards each other so to us it was normal. But I supposed if you looked at it from a stranger’s point of view they could be mistaken as boyfriends. They really are very close.

“To be honest, I’m not sure. There could be, they’re practically each other’s other half. Then again though, they might be such close friends that that would be weird for them” I reasoned out both sides of the argument before coming up with a question of my own. “If one of them did feel something for the other do you reckon they’d say something or just keep their feelings to themselves?”

Kier just shrugged.

“They’re the Timids, they’re unpredictable. Could something happen between them? Yes? No? Nobody really knows”.