Sequel: Cherry and Vanilla
Status: Updates at least once a week <3

Nobody Really Knows

King Of Discreet

It’s always fun when we go to restaurants as a band.

Why?

Well, it’s safe to say that we aren’t the most… ordinary… looking group of people in Suffolk. It’s just amusing to watch them all double take as we walk in the door. You just know that they’re all thinking the exact same thoughts:

Why is his fringe red?
Why is he wearing goggles?
What’s up with all the black?
Why is the short one clinging onto the guy in the Iron Maiden shirt?


We don’t really care though, we don’t wake up and dress ourselves the way we do in the mornings to try and please strangers.

“Can I help you, gentlemen?” a slightly stuck up looking waiter asked us as we waited by the door to be seated. It was one of those restaurants where you had to wait to be escorted to a table. We didn’t normally eat in places like this, but we had decided to treat ourselves. This week we’d managed to finish two new songs and we were really psyched about being able to start playing them at our shows.

“Yes, could we please have a table for five?” Kier asked politely while Laurence tried to talk over the top of him.

“No mate, we’re just standing here by your ‘please wait to be seated’ sign for no apparent reason…” the dark haired man rolled his eyes at the waiter, who looked rather indignant but ignored him.

The blond haired waiter just nodded and wordlessly led us to a free table.

Laurence really should apologise, what if the guy, like, spits in our food for revenge?

“Ew!” Luke cried out, looking thoroughly disgusted.

Whoops, must have said that out loud…

“Why should I apologise? It’s not my fault he’s a dumbass!” Laurence complained, much like a child who doesn’t want to admit they’re wrong would.

“He was just trying to be polite, Laurence. You could learn a thing or two” I teased, knowing it would annoy him. He just huffed in response.

“Whatever! I’m hungry, let’s order before I start nibbling on Kier!” he said with a creepy grin. Kier stood up, turned around and moved his chair as near to mine and as far away from Laurence’s as he could.

“Rude, Kier! Rude!” Laurence laughed.

“Cannibalism, Laurence! Cannibalism!” Kier retorted, making me unintentionally snort.

The waiters and waitresses were already shooting us filthy glances, maybe I should have tried to calm Laurence and Kier down… No, it would never have worked; those two are a force of nature.

*****

It was half way through the meal (which was excellent by the way) when Drew decided to start being mischievous. Luke, Laurence and Kier were deep in conversation when I felt something knock my leg under the table. I looked to the left of me where Drew was sat and saw him grinning at me; Kier – who sat to the right of me at the circle table – turned and shot me an amused glance when I let out a small squeak.

“What’s up, Drew?” I murmured.

“Nothing, Shaney, absolutely nothing…” he whispered back all too innocently. “… well, yet, wait till we get back to our room…”

Okay, that was definitely suggestive…

“What are talking about, Wool- SHIT!” I choked out a gasp as Drew knocked a glass full of cold water into my lap, making me jump.

“Drew!” I exclaimed while the rest of the table laughed at.

“You’re so clumsy, Shane!” Drew scolded cheekily, making it look like it was my fault. “Come on, let’s go get you cleaned up” he pushed his chair away from the table and started walking towards the bathrooms.

Oooooh, I get why he did it now! He wants an excuse for him and I to be in the bathroom for a while! … Oh…

I followed him like a puppy, leaving the rest of them looking after us, confused.

“Am I the only one confused about what just happened?” I heard Kier ask as we walked away from the table.

“Yeah, what was that about?” Laurence added.

“It’s the Timids, it could be anything” Luke said casually, before returning his attention to the pasta in front of him.

We pushed the brown door with the ‘men’s’ sign on open and stepped into the surprisingly nice bathroom.

Places like this really do go all out, you could eat off that sink!

My attention was drawn away from how clean the bathroom was and back towards Drew when his lips connected with mine. We kissed for about a minute before he pulled back a few centimetres and smiled at me.

“Sorry, I’ve been wanting to do that since we got here”

“And sending me a text or whispering to me to meet you in the bathroom was too mainstream? Seriously, Wooly, it looks like I’ve wet myself” I grumbled at the smaller man while he just laughed at my unfortunate jeans situation.

“Whoops, didn’t think of that! Sorry” he chortled.

“Yeah, why do I get the feeling that you’re not sorry at all?” I questioned, cuddling Drew closer to my chest.

“Because you’re ever so slightly psychic” I could feel him smiling against the exposed skin on my neck.

“Yeah, yeah. I must congratulate you on the discreetness of your plan by the way by the way. No one suspected a thing…” I said sarcastically to him.

“Pff, they thought it was weird but they’re used to us being weird! None of them really know what’s going on, no matter how much they’d like to pretend they do” Drew replied smugly.

Yeah, we’re not all that discreet though. They’re going to start piecing things together at some point. Hopefully we’ll have decided whether to tell them long before that happens…

Until that time comes though, it’s our little secret. All they can do is guess…

Nobody really knows…
♠ ♠ ♠
Naughty Drew ;)

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt