Sequel: Cherry and Vanilla
Status: Updates at least once a week <3

Nobody Really Knows

The One Thing I Do Know

Date planning? Not my strong point. Well, usually. I think I may have actually thought of something good this time.

Let me explain. Drew? He’s good at dates and as we’ve moved forward in our relationship he’s been increasingly creative.

It started with dates to the movies, the usual teen date stuff. Then it progressed into more adult things, like dinner and roses. Little cards left on my pillow, my favourite sweets placed on the side for me. All really thoughtful sweet things.

It leaves me kind of stuck though. He has all these great ideas and all I can think of is either typical stuff or things he’s done. I want to do something to show him how much I care.

It was those thoughts that led me to formulate my master date plan. One that I planned to put in action on the next weekend that we were free.

He’s going to love it.

*****

Yeah, I definitely made a good call with this date – well, if Drew’s grin is anything to go by.

“Aw, Shane! This is beautiful!” he exclaimed as he took in the scene around him. When I was planning this date, I tried to think everything through. The first thing you notice on a date? The location. So I had to make sure it was perfect.

The air was surprisingly warm for England and the moonlight shone down beautifully over the large
glistening lake, illuminating Drew’s gorgeous, smiling face.

I think I made a good choice.

“I made us some food as well” I smiled shyly and held up the basket I was holding in one hand.

“Awesome” he grinned and skipped ahead, stopping about a meter from the water’s edge. “Can we sit here?” he asked.

“Anywhere you want, Wooly” I answered, watching him smile at the use of his nickname.

I strolled over to where he was stood and removed a blanket from where it was draped between the handles of the basket. He helped me spread it out on the flat ground and before long we were both sitting on top of it with the basket between us.

"Can I start eating?" Drew asked with a timid smile. I gestured for him to start and grabbed a bottle of wine attached to the side of the basket. When he saw me produce the bottle, he grabbed the two glasses that I'd wrapped up safe alongside the food and set them out as I popped the cork. After pouring ourselves a glass, we both started to eat the food that I'd prepared. I must say, I enjoyed it far too much when he made a little orgasm noise when he started on the double chocolate mousse.

Notes to self: Make that more often.

"This is amazing, Shane. Really, really good. What did I do to deserve sun lovely treatment?" he asked me as he snuggled into my side, pastry in hand.

"You're you. You deserve to be treated like a princess" I replied, carding my fingers through his soft, rich hair.

"Princess?" he pouted, trying to suppress a grin.

"Princess" I nodded in confirmation, smiling as I buried my nose into the crook of his neck.

"I love you, Shane" he giggled after he said it and climbed onto my lap. I wound my arms around his little frame before whispering it back in his ear.

The effect of what I'd said didn't hit me until after I'd said it. I'd told him I love him. Then I remembered what Laurence said – ‘something will happen and then you’ll realise your true feelings. Trust me, you’ll know when you’re in love'. I guess that's what he meant. It's not a decision to love someone, it's just something that happens.

"You know what?" I bent my head forward to place butterfly kisses on the exposed skin of his neck.

"What?" he asked, his brown eyes shining in the low, silver light.

“The other day, Laurence and I were talking – well, he was interrogating me and I was answering – and he asked me a question. He asked me if you and I were serious and if I was in love with you. At the time, I didn’t know what to say. Now I do though, there is no doubt in my mind that I love you, Drew. And I always will”

Without warning, I felt his hands push against my chest knocking me onto my back. I felt him crawl on top of me, kissing me like it’s the end of the world.

“Oh my God, I love you so much too, Shane!” it was then I realised his eyes were wet with tears as he kissed every part of my face and neck accessible.

We happily kissed under the stars for a while. As we packed up our stuff though, Drew decided to ask a question. One that I didn’t immediately know how to answer.

“Shaney, what do you think will happen in the future? In our futures?” he asked as he folded the blanket back up; it was getting cold – time to go back to a warm bed.

I paused for a second to think about it, slightly at loss of what to say. Then I realised I don’t need to over complicate things, I just needed to speak exactly what I felt.

“It’s the future, Drew, it’s unpredictable. As for what will happen, nobody really knows. One thing I do know though? I don’t mind what our future holds, as long as I can spend it with you”.

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there! Thank you for reading my one shot series! And thanks for subbing/reccing and commenting as well :3 please leave feedback, it is greatly appreciated <3

P.S I have noticed a loose end in this story and that comes in the form of a will they? won’t they? Keveridge mini love story. As we don’t find out this in this series, I’m going to do a one shot about them, it will be posted as an sequel to this story titled ‘Keveridge Mini Sequel’ or some something (it will only be a one shot though).

Many thanks for reading! <3 P.s keep an eye out for my new fic in which Drew is Kier’s maid and Laurence is Kier’s half-brother. (WOOLKEMP! :D)

Xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt