Status: Done!

Need Somebody to Love

One

Gerard decided that he hated his little brother. He hated how nosey Mikey was and the way he would never leave Gerard alone, but mostly he hated that his little brother could convince him into anything.

They had been walking home from dinner at their mother’s house when Mikey noticed a sign inside a bar window. After making a not human squealing noise, which Gerard made a mental note to tease him about later, Mikey entered the Irish themed bar, pointing to the handmade sign.

TONIGHT ONLY - Free drink w/ speed dating

Gerard squeezed the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger before looking to the sky, begging for patience. He then followed his brother inside the bar and walked up behind Mikey who was speaking enthusiastically to the stout, balding man behind the hostess podium.

“My older brother here,” Mikey turned around and placed a hand on Gerard’s shoulder for emphasis. “is lonely. He is thirty-two years old and still lives in my basement. I saw your sign outside and I challenge you find my brother the love of his life!” Mikey finished his speech with a large wave of his hands for added drama.

The man did not look impressed, “Fifty bucks.” Mikey smiled widely and smacked the money on the table before turning to Gerard.

The older brother spoke first. “No, Mikey, not again. You are not allowed to help me find a date.”

Mikey’s smile did not waiver. “I have already given this nice man my money and I have a feeling he will not be giving it back.” He turned to the man who nodded, agreeing that this was true, the money was now his. Mikey continued, “I am a happily engaged man, Gerard, I cannot take your place tonight. This is your destiny.”

Gerard rolled his eyes. It was true, Mikey was engaged to a girl way out of his league. He was smart not to risk it with speed dating. Saying nothing, Gerard made his way to the bar to collect his free drink.

He then made his way to one of the tables that were set up in a row, camping himself out in the corner, hoping no one would notice him. He payed no to attention the woman who stood up on bar stool and recited the rules, instead he focused as hard as he could on the dissipating foam in the beer he was nursing.

He looked up only when he felt someone sit in the chair in front of him. The first thing he saw was long, soft, blonde curls and pink lips. The blues eyes looking at him stared so intently he became slightly uncomfortable. Gerard then realized there was a problem, this was a woman.

It was at this point when Gerard finally understood the extent of Mikey stupidity. The younger brother had gotten so excited over the idea that his brother could find someone to love that he had paid for his gay brother to partake in a round of heterosexual speed dating.

“Hello, I’m Alice,” Her voice was soft and kind, it reminded him slightly of his mother. This made him shudder, he instantly felt like he was on a date with his mother. Stupid fucking Mikey. “And you are?”

“Gay.” Gerard said simply, wanting to leave the bar as soon as he could. “My name is Gerard, but I am gay.” He heard a soft, disappointed ‘oh’ as Gerard looked past her to his brother, who was sitting at the bar and gave him a thumbs up, still not recognizing his mistake.

He stood up to make his way to the exit when the lady who had stood on the barstool pointed at him and yelled across the room, “Sir! You may not leave! If you leave the entire balance of the evening is off. Sit back down!”

Gerard was not scared of much except needles, well needles and now this lady. So he sat back down with Alice and waited for the clock to run out and the bell to ring.

As the next woman sat down, Gerard sighed and took no time in telling her that he had no interest in dating her, or any woman for that matter. She looked slightly surprised and awkwardly looked down, taking a long sip from the drink in front of her.

This happened two or three more times until Gerard heard a soft giggle a few feet away. He looked over to see one of the bar’s busboys watching Gerard with a hand over his mouth to stop the laughter.

Gerard stared at the man, trying not to be incredibly impolite. But then again, the man was laughing at him so manners went out the window. Gerard noticed the tattoos that coved the man’s body and his short fringe that covered one of his hazel eyes. Gerard blushed and looked down, embarrassed that he was a laughing stock to such a handsome man.

The short man walked up to Gerard, “Dude,” his voice was low, contrary to his girlish giggle, “that is like the fifth time you have done that. Is this just your weird way of weeding out the girls you would not want to date?”

Gerard sighed, ignoring the woman who sat before him and was waiting eagerly for his response, “No, I am actually gay, my dumb ass brother set me up for this, apparently not understanding that being gay means I don’t date women.” With that the woman in front of him stood up in a huff and made her way to the next table.

Before the next girl could sit down, Frank dropped the the tub of dirty dishes he was carrying on the floor next to Gerard and sat down.

“I’m Frank,” he introduced himself, “and I am going to sit here and talk to you for the remainder of the night to save you from the scary women.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is my new story! It will probably be kinda short and will be done by the end of the month for this contest.

I would love some comments to hear what you all think!

xxoo