Status: More soon! Like really soon!

Pull Me Closer, Kiss Me Faster

Not Quote-Unquote Dating

DAKOTA
~~~~~~~

I am walking up the front drive of Lincoln High when Dan comes speeding up to me on his longboard. He hops off his board and says,
"Fancy seeing you here!" Typical Dan. Sarcasm is one of his many, many, many (did I say many?) annoying traits he lives to bug me with.
"Nice one, dork," I reply "I think we've only seen each other here every day for the past I don't know, 4 four years."
"We'll played." I grin and perform a very unladylike snort.
We both laugh our way into the building attracting odd looks from many of our peers. Some people think its odd we haven't started dating. I mean, come on people! A guy and a girl can be friends without quote-unquote dating. A hand-wave in front of my face snaps me back to reality.
"Space shot! I said do you want to go to homeroom or drop off our stuff at our lockers." Please one day can I not be so dense? Is that too much to ask?
"Uh yeah! Sure. I need to go drop off some books from this deadweight" I say, motioning towards my bag.
"Cool." Dan and I are what many people consider "hipsters". Why they think that is a mystery to me. So what if we both have glasses and wear beanies a lot? Modern social pyramids are a concept I will never understand. I'm not exactly the highest on the social platform, but I don't think I'm the lowest either. An in between, I suppose.
Dan and I have completed the five-minute trek to our lockers. I spin in my combo and chat with Dan for a bit
"So, who do you think will win the Timbers game tonight?" Lame. I don't even watch the Timbers on TV. Which is pretty sad considering Jeld-Wenn Field is two blocks from Lincoln. Dan points out this obvious fact to me as we walk to homeroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
In the original draft, Dan's name was Ben. I think I like Dan more. What do you think?

XXX
-Arthur