Status: Finished One shot

Through The Stacks

One of One

Frank's POV

“Frank, you'll never know if you don't go talk to her! What's the worst that could happen?” My friend Gerard asked me as he shook his head and took out his Algebra book and binder. Right now we were in the library and I was fidgeting with my thumbs as I looked over at..her. Andrea Brooks. The most beautiful girl, in my opinion, in all of Belleville high. “Frank, you're staring at her again. Just go talk to her! Man up!” Gerard said as he patted my shoulder.

I shook my head and took out my books. “Gerard you know I can't. She..she'll think I'm a complete fucking loser. I mean, hell, the coolest think I've done was take apart my Nintendo and put it back together without ruining the damn thing or electrocuting myself. What girl would be interested in that? Hmm? Andrea is smart..she's...she wouldn't give a second look to someone like me. Let's face it.” I said before I opened my book to the appropriate page and sighed.

Gerard shook his head and looked up at me. “You really amaze me, Frank. You're way fucking cooler than you think you are. How many concerts have you been too? How many band members did you meet? Hell, you already have a car and I don't. That says a fucking lot in high school.” He said as he rolled his eyes. “You don't need to think so low of yourself. Just...look. Just go over there and say..hell..i don't know..start off with hello and go from there. You never know what might happen. You can talk about those letters you always write her. Tell her it's fucking you!” I bit my lip and twirled my pencil in my fingers before I looked over at her, this time, she was looking back at me.

I gasped and quickly turned around to face Gerard. “Oh god..she caught me looking. Fucking hell it's over. My life is over.” I said as I hit my head on the desk and groaned, gaining even more attention from everyone in the room. I groaned again before I sighed. “Perfect. Just fucking perfect.” I said before I raised up and continued with my work.”

Gerard poked my shoulder and made me look up at him. “Hey, at least you made her laugh. If she was even the slightest bit uninterested, she wouldn't even look over here..she wouldn't even have laughed at you. She'd just go on about her day and not give two shits. I'm telling you..you need to get your ass up and go over there and talk to her.” I bit my lip and shook my head. “Frank, I swear to fucking god if you don't go over there and say something, I will. And you know I'll tell her about that time at my house with truth or dare and my brother's teddy bear.

My eyes widened and I stood up. “You wouldn't fucking dare!” I said a little too loudly for my liking. My cheeks immediately flushed a bright red as I looked around. Once again, everyone was staring at me, including her. Great just fucking great. Gerard smirked and wiggled his eyebrows as I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. He just smirked and stuck his tongue out at me. “Fine..fucking fine...” I said, my voice slightly shaky as I ran my hand through my hair. “Do I look okay?” I ask as I smile nervously . Gerard nodded and motioned for me to go over there. I nodded and turned around slowly, holding my breath as my eyes landed upon her again.

She looked absolutely gorgeous today, as she always does. Her slightly wavy hair that reached the middle of her back was a dark brown, a beautiful dark brown that when it was in the right light seemed almost to glow a slight golden color. Her eyes were a deep hazel, more so on the green side than the brown. That smile. Oh that smile shown brighter than a million suns. It would brighten the darkest of days. Today, she's wearing a new dress. A white dress that came to her knees which had a black belt. She looked amazing, to say the very least.

Once I reached the table, she looked up at me and smiled slightly. “Hello.” I managed to squeak out, causing her to giggle. Way to fucking go, Frank. Can't even talk to a girl without sounding like a complete fucking idiot. Why don't you just go to that window over there and jump out of it. It wouldn't kill you but it might knock some sense into your fucking head. I fought over what to say as I was arguing with myself for being such an idoit. She giggled and pulled a strand of her hair behind her ear. I cleared my throat and shook my head. “Uhm..I...You like to read?” Oh..way to fucking go genius..she's in a fucking library for fuck's sake. I chuckled nervously and scratched the back of my head. “D-dumb question. I guess since you're in the library you like to read..or you're possibly doing your homework..or you just-”

She giggled again, interrupting my sentence. “You can sit down, you know. And breathe would you? Your face is turning red.” She said as she motioned to the seat across from her. I gave a quick glance to Gerard who gave me a thumbs up before I sat down in front of her and gulped. “Why were you staring at me earlier?” She asked, her voice barely above a whisper. “I'm not all that interesting.” She said with a giggle as she looked at me.

I wanted to tell her how wrong she was, tell her how very fucking interesting I thought she was. But that wouldn't be too good..don't want to come on too strong. Yeah...as if I haven't done that already. “Well..I..y-you were looking at me too. So..why were you staring at me?” I manged to stutter out, cursing myself silently for sounding like a fucking lovesick teenager.

She rolled her eyes and smiled. “I was looking over because your friend was being ridiculously loud and because I thought you were being funny.” She said with a giggle. I gulped and scratched the back of my head. So..she probably heard what I said. Fucking great. “Frank. Its no secret you have a crush on me. I knew a long time ago. I knew it was you who put those sweet notes into my locker. Granted it wasn't until we were assigned partners in English class and I recognized your hand writing. I didn't say anything because I wanted you to eventually come and talk to me yourself.”

I blushed like bad and stood there with my mouth open slightly. “S-so..I guess the cat is out of the bag then, huh?” I asked, managing not to stutter...surprisingly. She nodded and smiled as she bit her lip. “Well..I..I do like you Andrea. I..I think you're very beautiful. I..Oh wow..I sound like a fucking nerd.” I said before I shook my head and facepalmed myself. “Yeah..uhm so....”

“You don't sound like a nerd, Frank.” She said as she placed her hand on mine. “You sound like a very sweet guy. There's not a lot of guys out there like you. “She said with a smile. She then took out a piece of paper and quickly wrote something down on it. “Here. I'm gonna be late for class. See you around?” She asked as she bit her lip. I smiled and nodded without saying anything. She giggled and pecked my lips before she walked away.

I just sat there with my eyes widened and my mouth hanging open. I looked down at the piece of paper and smiled as I saw her number written down and some hearts drawn around the page. I looked over at Gerard and he smiled as he gave me a thumbs up. I just got the number of the most beautiful girl in school. Pinch me. I'm dreaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
One shot for the amazing Selina_Kyle
Here you go! HOpe you enjoy!