‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

001:

Chapter One
The first two days in Pittsburgh were spent getting my new home, Jordan's old condo, preparing it to be my home. There were boxes of furniture that needed to be put together, but I was going to wait until the guys got back from their trip to Canada, which after looking at my watch, they should be landing soon.

I cleaned the kitchen up, the delivery men had just dropped off my new fridge, stove and dish washer, They were going to be back tomorrow with my new washer and dryer. I decided that I was going to get rid of all the furniture, well I donated it to the salvation army, except for the couches, them I just threw out, who knew what Jordan had done on those. Living room furniture I was going to shop for tomorrow after practice, I needed to leave in about an hour to head to the Consol to meet my team, even though I knew most of them.

I had the box that the entertainment center was in, placed in the place that I wanted it to be set up, the coffee table, the book shelf, things like that. I was positive with the right persuasion that I could get some of the guys over to put them together for me.

When it was close to the time for me to leave, I changed into professional clothes because Coach said that the team was going to take me out to dinner. I put my black skinny jeans, with a peach tight, strapless shirt on that some people mistake for a short dress, and then a gray quarter sleeve sports jacket, finding my peach and black lace heels to go with my outfit and then hitting the road.

Image
When I arrived at the Consol, happy that I remembered the way, I saw that the bus was just leaving, I smirked knowing that the guys were here. I wanted to surprise them, so I snuck down the hallways, peeking around every corner to make sure that they weren't there.

"What are you-" I screamed and jumped really loud, hearing someone sneak up behind me, "doing?"

I turned around to see Mario Lemieux standing behind me with a smirk on his face, "Wanted to scare or surprise the boys, didn't plan on me being the one who was scared," I giggled and he chuckled.

"Well they're waiting for you in the locker room," he said and I nodded my head, "Follow me."

"Is scared them still up for grabs?"

"No."

"Can I at least surprise Beau?" I asked and he chuckled.

"You two really a thing?" he asked and I blushed and looked towards the ground, "Take that as a yes."

"Yeah."

"I guess you can," he said and then we turned a different way and I looked at him confused, "You can sneak through Dan's office."

"Yes!" I cheered happily.

We walked through a door and saw Dan sitting at his desk, he smiled when he saw me and was about to say something but Mario told him to be quiet, "I'm going to go through the other doors."

"Thanks," I smiled and Dan smirked and shook his head, "What's up Disco?"

"Freakin' Staal's," he chuckled and I smirked and bent down because I didn't want the guys to see me since Dan was going to open the curtain in his office and I snuck a peak through the little window in the door.

I heard Mario walk through the other door and the guys were asking if she was here yet. I looked through the window and saw Beau sitting on the bench in front of his locker, his back was to me, '...Perfect...'

I opened the office door and closed it slowly, some of the guys saw me and smiled brightly, but I quickly shook my head and bent down, walking low over towards Beau. I was happy that no one said anything, and I was even more excited that I scared the crap out of Beau too.

-Beau-
Mario was talking about what was going to happen at practice tomorrow, I was only half paying attention, I was more interested in seeing Jen. I Tyler nudge my shoulder and told me to pay attention to Mario. I sighed and nodded my head, looking up to see that Geno, Sidney and Kris were smirking, but then looked away and rubbed their face. I didn't think anything of it, probably one of them said something.

I was even more confused when just about everyone had a smirk on their face, now I really wasn't paying attention, so I must have missed Mario cracking some joke. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt arms wrap around my neck and lips on my check.

"Hi, baby," I heard and whipped my head arm quickly to see Jen standing there with a bright smile on her face.

"You're here!" I jumped up and pulled her into a hug.

"I got you so good!" she laughed in my arms and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm so happy you're here," I whispered in her ear and then kissed her cheek, too afraid to kiss her lips with all of the guys her.

"All right, all right! That's enough! We missed her too!" I heard some of the guys said and I pulled back and watched as she smiled as she was attacked by multiple arms.

Sidney was the last she hugged, he waited off in the corner next to Mario. She had to walk over towards him, wanting to be professional and shake her Captain's hand, but she was already a part of the family, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug.

"Weren't you saying that you would have like Chicago or Nashville?" he smirked, "Even the Flyers."

The guys booed when he said the Flyers and Jen laughed, this must have been an inside joke or something, because I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I found something better in Pittsburgh," she said and for whatever reason, I felt the heat rise up to my face as I heard the guys whistle and cheer, feeling hands on my back and shoulder, shaking me a little.

"Something or someone?!" Tyler asked as he pulled my head into a headlock and ruffled my hair.

Everyone was laughing and I managed to push Tyler off of me as we all decided to leave to head to dinner. I laced my fingers with Jen's and I saw Geno throw his arm around her shoulder, they were holding a conversation and I wasn't paying attention, too busy trying to control myself from jumping her because I was excited that she was here.

-Jennifer-
"So I hear that you need some assistance at your place?" Sidney said as he stuck his head in-between Geno and I.

I giggled and then nodded my head, "Yeah, I'll buy the beer, you bring the muscle."

"Deal, we'll help after practice?" he asked and I laughed a little.

"Love how you're just volunteering everyone," I said and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Thanks Jen!" I heard Cooke yelled and I giggled, "At least someone cares!"

"Right after practice?" Sidney asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"If you want, no hurry, it's not like I don't have a bed to sleep on," I laughed and then felt someone pull me back and wrap their arm around me.

"You can always room with me," I looked to see Tyler grinning.

"Like that'll ever happen," I laughed and then patted his stomach and walked back over towards Beau who was smirking.

We went to the parking lot and managed to choose who was going to go with whom, because we didn't want to attack the restaurant parking lot with a million cars. I decided that I was going to ride in the backseat of Sidney's truck with Geno in the passenger seat and Beau, Tyler and I in the back.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Angelo's," Sidney said and I shook my head.

"Never heard of it," I laughed.

"It's new, wasn't here when Gronk was here," Tyler said and I nodded my head.

"So what- there are three goaltenders now?" I asked and Geno shook his head.

"Thiessen brought down," Geno said and I nodded my head.

"So just Flower and I?" I asked and he nodded his head, "Where's Max? I didn't see Mr. Personality in there."

"Flyers," Sidney said and I nearly choked on air.

"What?!"

"We know, trust us we know," Tyler said and I shook my head.

"Freakin' Flyers though! Really?!" I said and the guys chuckled.

"That's our girl!" Sidney said and I smirked and looked over towards Beau and patted his knee.

He smirked over towards me and pressed his lips on mine and I felt his arm around my shoulder. I smirked and then turned my body and placed my hand against his neck and the other on his side.

"Hey! Quit foggin' up the windows!" Sidney yelled and I blushed and then laughed a little, hiding my face into Beau's shoulder.

'...God this is gunna be an interesting team...'