‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

011:

Chapter Eleven
-Beau-
Jen was sleeping on the hospital bed, her arm bandaged up and her head was on my lap and I w as running my fingers through her hair. They had to give her about twenty stitches for her dog bite, doctor said that it would heal within three weeks. It was early Friday night, our game against Toronto was tomorrow, we had missed our flight and rescheduled to leave early tomorrow morning.

Sidney and Kris were either leaning against the wall or sitting in a hospital seat waiting for Jen to wake up. She was in a lot of pain; the nurses gave her some pain killers that knocked her right out.

There was a knock at the door and I looked up thinking that it was Geno to see Mario standing there, he didn't look happy at all, "What happened?" Sidney explained to Mario what happened and he sighed and ran a finger through his hair, "Where's Geno?"

"He went to drop her dog at his house," Kris said and Mario walked up to the bed and looked at her and then looked at me.

"How bad is the cut?" he asked and I sighed.

"It was pretty bloody, the nurses tried to explain, but I don't understand," I said and he nodded his head.

"When's your flight?"

"Five thirty," Sidney said and I sighed and ran my fingers through her hair again.

"She better?" I heard and looked up to see Geno walking into the room.

"She's sleeping," Sidney said and Geno sighed and walked into the room and leaned against the wall next to Kris, "Nurse did say that once she wakes up, she could leave."

"So being on the ice is out?" Mario asked and Sidney nodded his head, "Well, we'll have one of the trainers look at her just to be sure. I called for Thiessen to be sent up to Toronto," he said and I sighed, "What a mess you all are in."

"I think we be charged for breaking in too," Geno said and Mario sighed and rubbed his face.

"No, I took care of it," he said and I breathed a sigh of relief, "Everything's covered up."

"Thanks," Kris said and I nodded my head towards Mario.

"Just stay out of trouble," he said and we nodded our heads, "You all better be on that flight at five thirty, which means her too!"

"She'll be up," I said and Mario nodded his head and then left the room, "I hope."

"She will be," Sidney muttered from his place in the hospital chair.

"Anyone call Gronk yet?" Kris asked and Sidney threw back his head and groaned.

"Shit, what are we gunna do?" he sighed, "We have to call him, he'll kill me if we don't."

"Why you?" Geno asked.

"I promised him that I would watch after her, so Captain I am," Sidney sighed and then rubbed his face.

"It's not your fault, it's that freaks fault," I growled and the guys nodded their heads, "You want me to call him?"

"No, I'll do it," Sidney said and then pulled out his phone and dialed Jordan's number, "Hmm, no answer."

"No game today," Geno said and Sidney sighed and looked at his phone again, "Who try now?"

"Eric," Sidney said and I nodded my head and looked back towards Jen, "Hey Eric, it's Sid," he said and then sighed, "No, I was actually looking for Staalsy, but I guess any brother will do."

"I probably wouldn't have said it like that," Kris said and I felt Jen twitch in her sleep when I placed my hand close to her injured arm.

"Yeah, um, look, I'm not good at sugar coating things-" Sidney said and then looked sadly at Jen, "We're at the hospital," he said and winced, pulling the phone away from his ear, "There was a- No, it's fine now, but there was a situation- No your sister is not dying, just a few stitches-" Sidney growled and then pinched the bridge of his nose, “No, I don’t want to talk- God damn- Will you listen to me?!”

“Sounds like Eric’s freakin’ out,” Kris said and I nodded my head.

“She’s still asleep,” Sidney sighed, “No, I will not wake her up! She’s been drugged!”

“You want me to talk to him?” I asked and Sidney shook his head so I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“She was bit by a mean ass Cujo,” Sidney said and then sighed and had to explain everything from the beginning.

-Jennifer-
I felt someone petting my head, it felt good, I didn’t want to move, but the pulsing in my arm was aching and I figured I needed to get up. I groaned and then rolled onto my side and hissed when I hit my arm.

“Jen?” I heard Beau’s voice, “You all right?”

I groaned and then tucked my arm close to my chest and pushed myself up with one hand and then rubbed my face when I leaned back, legs tucked under my body. I yawned and then looked around the room to see Beau, Sidney, Geno and Kris looking at me.

“What time is it?” I muttered and Sidney looked at his watch.

“Just after nine, you’ve been sleeping for about seven hours,” he said and I sighed and then looked outside to see that it was dark.

“Wait,” I muttered and then looked at the ground for a second, but then snapped my head up and my eyes wide, “The flight!”

“Relax!” Beau said and placed his hands on my arms, “Changed to tomorrow morning, flight takes off at five thirty.”

“Where’s Candy?” I asked frantically as I looked around the room, “Where is she-“

“Calm down, calm down,” Sidney said as he got up from his chair and placed me back on the bed when I started to climb off, “She’s safe at Geno’s place.”

“Jeffrey take good care of her,” Geno smiled proudly.

“Jeffrey?” I asked confused.

“My mastiff,” he said and my eyes widened.

“She doesn’t like other dogs!” I said and Geno’s eyes widened but then he relaxed.

“Jeffrey harmless,” Geno said and I sighed and shook my head.

“I wanna get my dog and go to Toronto,” I said and Beau nodded his head.

“I’ll get the nurse,” Kris said and then smirked towards me and walked out of the room.

“Your brothers want you to call them,” Sidney said and I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead.

“You called them?”

“I had to, sorry,” Sidney said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“Oh good, you’re awake, I was worried I gave you too strong of pain killers,” the nurse said as she walked into the room with Kris behind her.

“Not strong enough,” I muttered, looking at my arm.

“Please, those two little pills knocked you on your ass for seven hours,” Sidney said and I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

“I want to leave,” I said and then nurse walked over towards me.

“Just want to change the bandages and then you can leave,” she said and I nodded my head.

The woman cut my bandages over and I think I almost lost my stomach when I saw the damage that the dog had done to my arm. I had to look away because it was really bad, I stared at Beau and he placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it.

“Really Geno?” I heard Sidney muttered and then I heard a click.

“What?” I asked confused, not wanting to look back.

“Geno took a picture of your arm,” Beau said and I snorted.

“Memories,” Geno said and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, got attacked by a dog, mark that off my bucket list,” I said and Beau chuckled.

“You want to change the-“

“Please, for the sake of my memory, can you write it down or type it out?” I asked, “We have a long flight in like seven hours, I’m not going to remember this.”

The nurse giggled and then nodded her head, rewrapping my wound and then leaving he room for about ten minutes and then returned with lots of papers, “I heard you’re a hockey player,” she said and I nodded my head, “Give this to your trainer and they’ll take care of everything.”

“All right, thanks,” I said and then took the paper and handed it to Sidney, “You’re in charge of that, Captain.”

“Gee, thanks,” he muttered and I smirked.

“I just need you to sign this and you can be on your way,” the nurse said and I nodded my head and then signed the paper, “All right, have a good one, try to stay away from mean dogs.”

“Yeah, that’s a definite,” I said and then hopped off of the bed and looked at my bloody blouse, “Is everyone staying in one place?”

“Yeah, we’re gunna stay at Geno’s because he’s closer to the airport,” Sidney said and I nodded my head.

“Can we stop at my place? I need to get stuff for Candy and then some more clothes,” I said and they nodded their heads, “Thanks.”