‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

014:

Chapter Fourteen
"And that's how it's done!" I smiled brightly as I skipped into the visitor's locker room to greet the Rangers.

"What the- Jenny, get out!" Marc yelled as he threw a shirt on.

"What?" I smiled brightly and then saw that everyone at least had pants on, "Still pissed because you weren't able to break my perfect streak?!"

"Screw you," Marc growled and I laughed and patted his shoulder.

"Awww, Marcy, don't get mad, get glad tupperware!" I smiled and then ran towards the door when Marc threw a puck at me.

We had beat the Rangers three to zero, I was excited for the fact that I saved twenty seven shots, and Beau, Tyler and Pascal were the ones who got the winning goals. After the game, I showered and changed into my Penguins t-shirt because NHL network wanted to talk to me out on the ice. I had about a ten minute interview with them, talking about the game, how it felt to play against Marc and then how it felt to never have been scored upon.

"You're in a good mood," I heard and turned around to see Sidney walking towards me, with Beau and Pascal behind him.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I smiled, "Beau got the first goal, I still have my perfect score, and my brother is pissed, this little sister is a happy camper," I laughed and Sidney chuckled and then threw his arm around my shoulders.

"Well 'happy camper', remember that you have to be here at eight, we have a morning skate and then lots of interviews," Beau said as he came up beside me and laced his fingers with mine.

"Eight?" I whined and Sidney nodded his head.

"I'm a sad camper now," I said and Sidney chuckled and shook my shoulders.

"You'll be fine," he laughed and we walked out of the arena and towards our cars.

Beau hopped into the passenger seat of my jeep and I jumped into the driver's, honked towards the other guys as we drove out of parking lot.

"I'm pretty sure that I should spent tonight at my hotel," Beau said and I looked at him when we hit the red light.

"You sure?" I asked and he sighed and nodded his head.

"Yeah," he smirked, "You're too tempting, and we have to be up at eight-"

"I get it," I smirked and Beau nodded his head, laced his fingers with mine and kissed my hand.

I drove Beau to the hotel that he stayed at and parked my jeep. Since he was only a temp, not knowing when they were going to send him back down to the AHL, Beau lived in a hotel. I didn't like this, but, I've seen it happen to other guys too. Brad Thiessen stays in this hotel when he's brought up as well.

"See you tomorrow," I smiled as I walked out of the jeep and toward him.

"Yup," he said and then placed his hands on my waist, "Nice saves today."

"Nice goal," I smirked and then cupped his face, reached up and pressed my lips against his.

"Damn," Beau breathed and I giggled, "I wish we didn't have a game tomorrow."

"You and me both," I smirked, "But it's against the Bruins, so get some sleep, we need to be ready for them."

"I know," he said and then kissed my cheek, "You get ready for them too, that Seguin is good."

"I'm better," I smirked and Beau laughed and then pressed his lips onto mine again and I felt his hands slip into my back pockets.

"Mhmmm, can't wait for tomorrow," Beau muttered into my ear before he kissed my neck and sent shivers down my spine, "Night, babe."

"Night," I said and then watched as he walked into the hotel before going into my jeep.

As I drove home, I had to drive passed the Consol because Beau's hotel was in the opposite direction of my home. I passed the hotel that was next to the Consol and saw guys walking off of a big bus and into the hotel. I sighed when I saw the guys carrying in bags that had a big 'B' printed on the side.

"Ladies and gents, the Bruins have landed in the 'burgh," I said out loud and then drove past them and headed home. When I got to my condo I was surprised to see my brother sitting on the couch watching TV, I laughed a little when I saw that he had Candy on his lap and was petting her head, "What's up, Marc? How'd you get here?"

"Taxi," he smirked and I rolled my eyes and then kicked my shoes off and walked over towards the couch, sitting down next to him, "How is it that I got home before you?"

"I dropped Beau off at his hotel," I said and Marc nodded his head, "Good game today."

"Yeah, whatever," he grumbled and I snorted.

"You're in such a good mood," I laughed.

"Let me see you arm again," he said and I sighed and nodded my head, taking my jacket off and holding my arm out for him, petting Candy's head, "Where is he?"

"I would imagine in jail or at home getting ready to be put in jail," I said and Marc sighed angrily, "I'm fine now, Marc."

"It's gunna scar," he said and I nodded my head, "Jordan or Eric see this?"

"No, and mom and dad haven't either, I wouldn't let them come up," I said and Marc rolled his eyes.

"If he doesn't go to jail, I will," Marc said and I snorted.

"For what?" I laughed.

"Murder," Marc said seriously and I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder.

'...Gotta love protective older brothers....'

-Beau-
"Rough night?" Tyler laughed as he patted my back as I walked into the locker room.

"Yeah, no sleep," I muttered and Tyler howled with laughter, "Not like that, asshole! You know we're not supposed to do anything before a game."

"So why no sleep?"

"I stayed at the hotel to make sure nothing happened," I said and then yawned and cracked my neck, "I've gotten so use to sleeping next to her, that it felt weird not having her in front of me."

"Aw, you're so cute," Tyler teased and I scoffed and shoved his arm.

Some of the guys walked in and started to get dressed into their gear. I was lacing up my skates when I noticed that Jen still wasn't here yet.

"Where's Jen?" Geno asked, noticing that she wasn't here either, "She never late."

"She still has time," Sidney said as he looked at the clock to see that Jen had about ten minutes before she was considered late and scratched from the game.

Coach walked in and looked around, I waited for him to say something about the fact that Jen wasn't here yet, but he didn't. I was getting confused, the ten minutes were up, Jen was late, Coach came out and didn't say anything to us, usually he would have been pissed and yelled that she was scratched, but he didn't, he just walked right out of the locker room telling us to head towards the ice.

"Is anyone else confused here?" Brandon Sutter asked and I nodded my head, "Was today optional?"

"No," Sidney said as he stood up and then grabbed his phone, he stared at it and then placed the phone to his ear, only to groan and throw it back on his bag, "Voicemail."

"That's not like her," Pascal said and we nodded our heads.

"Come on," Sidney said and I looked at her locker one last time before we left the locker room, heading out towards the ice and skating around.

I was afraid to ask Coach where she was, I didn't know if he didn't notice that she was missing. I kept on asking Sidney and I knew he was getting annoyed with me, because obviously he didn't know either.

Coach blew the whistle and then called ups over, and crowded around the white board, he was making new plays that could help us beat the Bruins. We heard the door open and blades on the ice, everyone snapped their heads around and saw Jen skating on the ice looking incredibly pissed off. She skated over towards her net and started to scratch out the ice.

'...Uh oh, who pissed her off?...' I thought as I looked back towards the guys to see that they might be thinking the same thing.

Once she scratched the ice out, she skated over towards us and stood in-between Marc and Craig Adams. She didn't say a word to anyone, but everyone knew that she was angry about something, and Coach didn't call her out on being late, so something told me that he knew that she was going to be late.

'...Why so many secrets?...'