‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

016:

Chapter Sixteen
"You, Jenny," he repeated because I was too shocked to say anything.

"Me? Why me?" I asked confused, "Sid, why were you fighting over me?" Sidney just looked at me, he didn't answer, "Sidney! Why were you fighting over me?!"

"I can't, I'm sorry-" he said and started to walk away, but I quickly grabbed his wrist.

"Crosby!" I barked and he winced, "Why were you fight-"

"Because he doesn't deserve you!" Sidney yelled and I dropped his wrist and took a step back, "He's just a kid that doesn't know what he's doing."

"If he's just a kid, then so am I, he's older-"

"It's not age I'm talking about, Jen-"

"Then what? Skill? Sid- Ugh, I like Beau!"

"No you don't," he said and my eyes widened.

"Yes I do, how dare you say that I don't!" I growled and Sidney took a step towards me, "Sid, stop!"

"How? Why can't you like me? I've liked you for so long!" he said and my eyes widened in shock.

"What?"

"You haven't noticed?! I tried to make it obvious! I was so happy to be seeing you when you were in Caroline, I didn't care that I was playing against you, I was just happy to see you," he said, taking a step closer to me, "And then when I saw you at the hotel that night, you were just sitting there, I thought-"

"You thought I was there for you," I said and Sidney sighed and turned his head.

"When you said you were looking for Bennett, it was a surprise," I saw his fists clench, "The kid was talking about you the whole trip, none of us believe that the two of you-" he sighed, "We together."

"I'm sorry Sid, I'm with Beau, I like him very much," I said and Sidney looked at me.

"I've never once been able to find a girl that I like that wasn't after me for my money, Jen," he said and then took another step towards me. I gulped and took a step back, I felt my back hit the pantry door and I mentally cursed, "Then Jordan told me about you, his little sister, and when I met you- Jen, I've been-"

"Don't," I said, holding out my hand because he was about to take another step closer to me, "Please, just don't. Don't say what I think you're about to say, please, don't say it."

Sidney sighed and then shoved his hands in his pockets, "When I found out that you were coming to Pittsburgh, I thought that maybe you-"

"Are you hearing yourself Sid? You think I would leave Beau for you?"

"Are 'you' hearing yourself?! Do you know how many people would want me?!"

"And you see that," I said pointing towards him, "That right there is why I wouldn't go after you. That right there is why I like Beau more than you."

"What? Because I'm more famous?"

"Because deep down inside, even though you don't show it a lot, Sidney Crosby is no different than most other hockey players who are so full of themselves."

"Jen, I-"

"Get out!" I barked and he looked at me shocked.

"What?"

"Get out Sid! You're lucky we have a game tonight because I don't really feel like looking at you right now," I growled and he sighed and nodded his head, "Just leave."

-Beau-
I sat in front of my locker and sighed, holding my face in my hands, my elbows leaning against my knees, and a tired look on my face.

"What wrong with you?" I heard and looked up to see Geno looking at me.

"Nothing," I said and he snorted and sat down next to me.

"Ok, what wrong?"

"Nothing, Geno," I said and he patted my back hard.

"Liar," he said and I sighed, "Kid, tell truth."

"Stop calling me 'kid'! Everyone calls me 'kid'!"

"You are kid, you younger than me, you kid!" he stated and the stood up and I sighed, "Get yourself together, we have game tonight."

"Yeah," I muttered and he sighed.

"Whatever wrong, it will be fine."

"Thanks G."

"Russians good with advice," Geno laughed and I smirked and shook my head.

-Jennifer-
"What the hell happened to you?!" Tyler asked as he came up behind me and tried to scare me, but stopped when he saw the side of my face.

"It's nothing," I muttered and he placed his hand on my shoulder pulled me against the wall, looking at my cheek.

"Who did this?" he asked as I stared at the ground.

"You better get back with your team, Seguin, concentrate on more important things than me," I said and shoved past him, heading through the Penguins door and towards the locker room.

I got no sleep, I was tired and had a lot on my mind. I had called Eric, he was usually the smarter one of my brothers, sadly he didn't answer my call, so I left him a text saying that I would try again after the game.

"Jen!" I heard and turned my head to the side where the bruise wasn't to see Pascal and Cooke jogging over towards me.

"What's up?" I asked plainly and Cooke walked up to me, grabbed my face and turned it to the side, seeing the forming bruise on my face.

"Seguin was right," Pascal said and I sighed while Cooke growled.

"What happened?" he barked and I sighed and shook my head.

"Nothing, I walked into a door."

"Bull shit! What happened?" Cooke growled and I turned around and headed for the locker room, "Jennifer!"

"Ask your Captain!" I yelled back as they followed me to the locker room.

"Holy shit! Jen, what happened?" Brandon asked as he saw my cheek, earning the attention of everyone else.

I looked at Beau to see that he had a sad smile on his face. I sighed and then ignored everyone and walked over towards my locker, sitting down and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Explain, now!" Craig Adams asked and I rubbed my forehead and shook my head.

"It's nothing, I-"

"It was an accident," I heard and looked up to see everyone looking at Beau, who was looking at the ground.

"You did this?!" Cooke growled and walked over towards him, grabbing the front of his shirt and shoving him in the locker.

"Matt stop!" I yelled and jumped up, wanting to head over towards him, but Pascal held me back, "He's telling the truth!"

"What happened?" Geno asked and I pushed myself away from Pascal and sat on the bench.

"What's going on here?!" I heard and we all looked to the side to see Mario, Coach and Sidney standing there.

I glared towards Sidney and he flinched, the guys must have seen this, they were looking back and forth between the two of us. Coach walked over towards me, grabbed my face and turned it to the side, seeing my cheek.

"What happened?" Mario growled and then looked over towards Beau, "What did you do kid?!"

"I didn't mean-"

"The punch wasn't for Jen," Sidney said and everyone looked at him, "It was for me."

I pushed my head away from Coach's hand and then sat down next to Kris. He placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it.

"Explain, NOW!" Mario growled and Sidney sighed.

'...This is going to be a long night...'